F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Another VT shooting.
GetBMWParts

12-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #23
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

the shooter could have easily shot the other person and left the gun with them in the car and fled the scene : |
      12-08-2011, 06:02 PM   #24
FlashBimmer9er
2009 Alpine White/Coral Red leather 128i
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW/Coral Red leather 2009 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
the shooter could have easily shot the other person and left the gun with them in the car and fled the scene : |
^ Exactly... It just seems weird..
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 08:19 PM   #25
HotSauce
Citizen Snips
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red 2009 BMW 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
I would never go to that school...
Kind of a stupid thing to say. This incident could of have happened anywhere, at any school. I was on campus for the 2007 Massacre and this incident brings up nothing but bad feelings and memories. This wasn't done by a student just some senseless prick. My heart goes out to the officer and his family whose lives are now ruined from this. As a VT grad, I love Virginia Tech and feel the absolute safest when I'm there.
09 Crimson Red BMW 135i. P3 Boost Gauge, BMW Performance Exhaust, Matte Black Kidney Grills, ST Coil overs, 2013 LCI Taillights, 19" VMR 701 on Michelin Pilot Super Sports, VRSF Intercooler, STETT CAI
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 10:19 PM   #26
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
Kind of a stupid thing to say. This incident could of have happened anywhere, at any school. I was on campus for the 2007 Massacre and this incident brings up nothing but bad feelings and memories. This wasn't done by a student just some senseless prick. My heart goes out to the officer and his family whose lives are now ruined from this. As a VT grad, I love Virginia Tech and feel the absolute safest when I'm there.
No offense, but in any given selection of a demographic you're likely to find all arrays of human behavior. To see them actualize is another thing. But to have a reputation now as a school where shootings happen, says this school has a higher statistical chance -- for whatever reason is lighting the trigger specifically at VT, and say, not Harvard or Ohio State.
      12-09-2011, 01:20 AM   #27
FlashBimmer9er
2009 Alpine White/Coral Red leather 128i
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW/Coral Red leather 2009 128i

Quote:
Quote:
No offense, but in any given selection of a demographic you're likely to find all arrays of human behavior. To see them actualize is another thing. But to have a reputation now as a school where shootings happen, says this school has a higher statistical chance -- for whatever reason is lighting the trigger specifically at VT, and say, not Harvard or Ohio State.
^this and they never released if the shooter was s VT student?
They never released anything abt him
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 08:39 AM   #28
wakeboarder109
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: in High Country

Quote:
I would never go to that school...
We wouldn't have you anyways.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 08:52 AM   #29
wakeboarder109
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I was there as well and would completely agree. If you've ever been to Blacksburg you would understand. From all of the reports and footage I've seen of yesterday's events, the Police and SWAT teams were on top of it. To have this happen a second time is definitely going to be a blow to the school's reputation because some people aren't going to get all of the details. It's really a shame if the gunman had no affiliation with the University and that it just happened to be on school grounds.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 03:41 PM   #30
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboarder109 View Post
We wouldn't have you anyways.
Your school would kill for a person with my kind of resume

But I just don't attend shooting-prone schools. No offense. I'm sure you can locate it on bad luck and random chance, but you don't realize the next time this happens again (from bad luck and random chance, or perhaps because VT has an environment that triggers this statistically more than other schools) then it will be a near permanent reputation for VT for quite a while. I wouldn't be surprised if enrollment dropped for next year.
      12-09-2011, 03:43 PM   #31
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
Quote:
they kill for a lot less...

too soon?
      12-09-2011, 03:47 PM   #32
wakeboarder109
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

But I just don't attend shooting-prone schools. No offense. I'm sure you can locate it on bad luck and random chance, but you don't realize the next time this happens again (from bad luck and random chance, or perhaps because VT has an environment that triggers this statistically more than other schools) then it will be a near permanent reputation for VT for quite a while. I wouldn't be surprised if enrollment dropped for next year.
I would have to agree. That and after Clemson whooping our ass last weekend.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 03:50 PM   #33
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
they kill for a lot less...

too soon?
      12-09-2011, 07:29 PM   #34
Nutballa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F13 M6 // BMW F22 M235i

I find it a coincidence that today where I live there were 2 gunmen running around at LakeTravis Highschool right after this VT shooting.

"Power is nothing without Control" - Pirelli.

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 08:42 PM   #35
driersheets
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i

i still might apply bc of their engineering school
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 10:28 PM   #36
HotSauce
Citizen Snips
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red 2009 BMW 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboarder109 View Post
I was there as well and would completely agree. If you've ever been to Blacksburg you would understand. From all of the reports and footage I've seen of yesterday's events, the Police and SWAT teams were on top of it. To have this happen a second time is definitely going to be a blow to the school's reputation because some people aren't going to get all of the details. It's really a shame if the gunman had no affiliation with the University and that it just happened to be on school grounds.
The gunman had no affiliation with VT what so ever. Reports are he was a Radford student that had stolen a car at gunpoint on Wednesday. Still no idea what he was doing on the VT campus. Like I had said before, you can't hold VT accountable for this shooting. Something like this could happen anywhere. I'm sure people still attend Columbine High and people do still fly after September 11th. Just saying...
09 Crimson Red BMW 135i. P3 Boost Gauge, BMW Performance Exhaust, Matte Black Kidney Grills, ST Coil overs, 2013 LCI Taillights, 19" VMR 701 on Michelin Pilot Super Sports, VRSF Intercooler, STETT CAI
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 09:16 AM   #37
burningchicken
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by driersheets View Post
i still might apply bc of their engineering school
Dont let this tragedy change your decision. As a student here, there has never been a moment where I did not feel safe. Even during these events, I knew that as long as we remained indoors and away, the authorities would handle the situation.

As a Korean American male here, people tell me all the time how horrible it must be for me going here with all the prejudice of Koreans regarding the 4/16 tragedy. Let me tell you that never in my 2 and a half years here have I ever felt unwelcome here.

And that really is the beauty of Virginia Tech. We have one of the strongest communities that you will ever witness. Last night we had a candle lit vigil by the 4/16 memorial to remember and honor Officer Crouse. The community has raised over $36,000 to help his wife and five children.

After things like this, I know that I made the right choice when picking a school. I can't imagine going anywhere else. We used to say that we "live for 32", but now we can say that we Live for 33.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0