F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMWNA Announces October 2010 Price Adjustment of 1% (On Average)
GetBMWParts

09-24-2010, 09:09 AM   #23
conradb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 (ZCP/DCT/ZCV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-NC View Post
Uhm, the M3 changes where done Sept 1st.....
The base price is still the same. The packages only changed. And it's not a straight change in price, it's just a remix of the packages.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 10:55 AM   #24
asif163
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '19 M5C, '23 X7 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubaron79 View Post
1% is hardly inflation. Prices have been decreasing. Stop watching Fox News.
+1

Retired: 2011 E90 ZCP M3, 2014 Range Rover Sport, 2006 Audi S4 V8, 2011 E92 ZCP M3, 2011 BMW X3, 2009 Infiniti G37S Coupe, 2006 Audi A4 S-Line 2.0T, 2008 E92 335i, 2005.5 Audi S4 V8, 1990 E30 325is
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 12:45 PM   #25
Ibinco
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe

Still at 1% increase vehicle prices in the USA are ridiculously low compared to Europe!

Be happy its only 1%
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 01:44 PM   #26
BenTrovato
Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Well, not everyone can afford to own a BMW....

1% is very low compared to previous years. So $400 will keep you from buying a BMW 3 Series? Excuse me please.....

It's the way it is, everything costs more money every year!

Ahhhh the sound of resignation in the air, nothing else like it!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 02:57 PM   #27
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
Well, not everyone can afford to own a BMW....

1% is very low compared to previous years. So $400 will keep you from buying a BMW 3 Series? Excuse me please.....

It's the way it is, everything costs more money every year!
Man you are a arrogant SOB. You fit right in line with the cocky BMW stereotype.

I'm not specifically talking about this one particular price increase, I'm talking about all of them in general. You don't think that the new 3 will get a price bump over the current gen? What about all the decontenting that BMW has done over the last few years. I was lucky to be able to get this one because of a great deal and 0.9% financing. If the prices are kept in check and they are still offering great financing deals and I'm able to get the dealer to come down on the price then I could probably get another 3 after this one.
      09-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #28
scheherazade
Major
Rep
Drives: 09 GTR (& 93' accord!)

Hmm

Buy used?

A year-old car is a good discount... and it's still current-gen.

-scheherazade
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 06:39 PM   #29
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

With the exception of the X5, X6, and the new gen X3 the vast majority of BMW cars bound for North America are built in Europe and paid in Euro but sold in U.S. and Canadian dollars. Because the Euro is getting stronger against our currencies it is normal for BMW to increase the prices in NA in order to recoup the difference due to currency fluctuation. Failure to increase the prices in markets where the currency is weakening toward the Euro means that BMW is selling their cars at a loss.

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 06:42 PM   #30
crackberry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera GTS (997.2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
Man you are a arrogant SOB. You fit right in line with the cocky BMW stereotype.

I'm not specifically talking about this one particular price increase, I'm talking about all of them in general. You don't think that the new 3 will get a price bump over the current gen? What about all the decontenting that BMW has done over the last few years. I was lucky to be able to get this one because of a great deal and 0.9% financing. If the prices are kept in check and they are still offering great financing deals and I'm able to get the dealer to come down on the price then I could probably get another 3 after this one.
ppl say the next gen 3 series will be very costly due to so many models being made.

buuuuuuut, there are ways to offset it.

get used (not the best option imo)
get less junk features (like ipod and bluetooth)
pay more up front with financing
etc.

the 1% price increase is nothing ($400, lol) and he isnt a sob. but they prolly will add a couple grand to the new 3 series and m3. not cool, but it happens.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 07:42 PM   #31
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackberry View Post
ppl say the next gen 3 series will be very costly due to so many models being made.

buuuuuuut, there are ways to offset it.

get used (not the best option imo)
get less junk features (like ipod and bluetooth)
pay more up front with financing
etc.

the 1% price increase is nothing ($400, lol) and he isnt a sob. but they prolly will add a couple grand to the new 3 series and m3. not cool, but it happens.

I wasn't denying that $400 was a nominal (and when buying a car that costs $35,000+, relatively insignificant) increase. My comment about probably not being able to afford a new BMW after this one was more about the overall price increases. When this generation (E9X) started out I think a base 325i with destination was $30,900 if I remember correctly. Over time it's creeped up to $34,000, so a roughly $3,000 increase. Not only that, but they've cut out standard content like the ashtray, cooled armrest, tint-band at the top of the windshield, sunroof, etc. Some things like USB have been added but that's only because they are offering the value package for free. Figure the next 3 will have a price increase right out of the gate of maybe $1,500-2,000. So you are looking at $36,000 right off the bat before even adding any options what so ever.

I financed my car because I plan to drive it for 5-6 years and I bought it in 08. So lets say I drive it 6 years that means I'll be looking at a new car in 2015. Who knows what the base price will be then? As far as offsetting the cost, I pretty much drive a stripper car as my only options are an automatic and premium package, so I do what I can to save money.

But the reason I called him a SOB was because of his sarcastic and holier-than-thou attitude and snarky comments that "Well, not everyone can afford to own a BMW...." and "So $400 will keep you from buying a BMW 3 Series? Excuse me please.....". I think those were pretty uncalled for considering that A) I OWN my car now and B) I never said $400 was THE reason I wouldn't be able to buy another.
      09-24-2010, 07:52 PM   #32
crackberry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera GTS (997.2)

i wouldnt let it bother you. it really isnt a big deal

what is a big deal is the future price hikes on the future 3 series, and esp the new m3. this 1% is only the tip of the iceberg.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 05:31 AM   #33
BMW-NC
Selling drugs to BMW addicts
Germany
Rep
Drives: 135i e82 6MT N55

Quote:
But the reason I called him a SOB was because of his sarcastic and holier-than-thou attitude and snarky comments that "Well, not everyone can afford to own a BMW...." and "So $400 will keep you from buying a BMW 3 Series? Excuse me please.....". I think those were pretty uncalled for considering that A) I OWN my car now and B) I never said $400 was THE reason I wouldn't be able to buy another.
I would not expect such a comment from someone with 13xx posts....

Well however, I am just generally annoyed by people complaining about everything. You live in Florida. Why don't you complain about BS fees like Tire & Battery waste fee?

But no, back to topic.

Of course your eventual car will be more expensive in a few years. On the other hand you will have gotten a pay raise by then. Do you stop buying coke because the can goes up 10% in the next time?

It is mostly jealousy from my side, as my new 1er (without Leather, Sun Roof or Power Seats) costs $69,400 converted to USD. And then I see people complaining that a 5 Series is too expensive. Buy a 3. Or buy a domestic, and buy big the next time around!

However, I would be happy not to see that kind of language on this forum, as it is pretty insulting.

Everybody have a good day!
      09-25-2010, 07:52 AM   #34
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:

Well however, I am just generally annoyed by people complaining about everything. You live in Florida. Why don't you complain about BS fees like Tire & Battery waste fee?

But no, back to topic.

Of course your eventual car will be more expensive in a few years. On the other hand you will have gotten a pay raise by then. Do you stop buying coke because the can goes up 10% in the next time?

It is mostly jealousy from my side, as my new 1er (without Leather, Sun Roof or Power Seats) costs $69,400 converted to USD. And then I see people complaining that a 5 Series is too expensive. Buy a 3. Or buy a domestic, and buy big the next time around!

However, I would be happy not to see that kind of language on this forum, as it is pretty insulting.

Everybody have a good day!
Right on

I say everything is relative and a way of life. I remember test driving a Mercedes SL 450 in the early 60s when I was a youngster and still green behind the ears the new price back then was $9,000.00 with all the extra options Groceries for the week for my wife and I was then $6.00 for the week and I made nearly $3,000- a year as a mechanical draftsman.

I don't think I need to say more, we all know what we make and pay today.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 10:07 AM   #35
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:

I don't know what my post count really has to do with anything? You made what I saw as a rude and semi-insulting comment, so I stated my opinion. I really wasn't complaining either. I had just made a general comment that I probably won't be able to afford another 3 series after this one. Whats wrong with that? Then you come back with your passive aggressive comment that really served no purpose. dbtheo's post after yours was a much more constructive post. Now I don't know if the attitude comes from, as you said jealousy for having to pay $70k for a 1 series or whatever, but as a BMW salesman I hope if a customer comes to you and says something about the price being steep that you don't respond to them the same way you did to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
I say everything is relative and a way of life. I remember test driving a Mercedes SL 450 in the early 60s when I was a youngster and still green behind the ears the new price back then was $9,000.00 with all the extra options Groceries for the week for my wife and I was then $6.00 for the week and I made nearly $3,000- a year as a mechanical draftsman.
I bet with an SL starting at $100k that old one looks pretty good today! I understand that prices rise (look at how a loaded Mustang GT costs over $40k!) over time. But the economy has taken it's toll on my pay. The starting salary for my new job is a few thousand less than it would have been pre-recession and the company hasn't given pay raises over the past 2 years. Things like signing bonuses and things like that also got taken away. I was able to afford this 3 in college because scholarships covered all my school and living related expenses. But now that I'm out working full time with all the related expenses it's gonna be a stretch to get another 3 and keep the goals I have of saving a certain amount each year and starting a family. Maybe I'll just have to buy a CPO instead of new next time not that there is anything wrong with that.

By the way, I love the color of your Z4
      09-27-2010, 03:48 PM   #36
dday
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 335 M-Sport

Quote:
I wasn't denying that $400 was a nominal (and when buying a car that costs $35,000+, relatively insignificant) increase. My comment about probably not being able to afford a new BMW after this one was more about the overall price increases. When this generation (E9X) started out I think a base 325i with destination was $30,900 if I remember correctly. Over time it's creeped up to $34,000, so a roughly $3,000 increase. Not only that, but they've cut out standard content like the ashtray, cooled armrest, tint-band at the top of the windshield, sunroof, etc. Some things like USB have been added but that's only because they are offering the value package for free. Figure the next 3 will have a price increase right out of the gate of maybe $1,500-2,000. So you are looking at $36,000 right off the bat before even adding any options what so ever.

I financed my car because I plan to drive it for 5-6 years and I bought it in 08. So lets say I drive it 6 years that means I'll be looking at a new car in 2015. Who knows what the base price will be then? As far as offsetting the cost, I pretty much drive a stripper car as my only options are an automatic and premium package, so I do what I can to save money.

well hopefully over 6 years you get raises and your income allows you to buy a new 3 series even if prices do go up.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #37
ParisSF
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan

Here is what I gathered from bmwusa.com for the main models

Appreciate 0
      10-01-2010, 05:12 PM   #38
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

In one regard, a 1% increase doesn't seem like much. Its a few hundred dollars on a car that we pay upwards of 35k for. But in another regard it is. We all fight to get that invoice+500 car, or the invoice+250 car. We wear our deals as a badge of honor on our sleeves and a point of pride. We search high and low to get the best deals possible not because we can't afford it, but because its a matter of principle. True the 1% increase won't impact that vast majority of our decisions to buy BMWs. But now, those saving that we shop around so diligently for, are now invisibly erased.

My .02,
-esquire

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2010, 06:55 PM   #39
Raine
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E82, '04 E60

$500 USD increase on the 328i >.>;
Appreciate 0