E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Great Detailer in West LA/ Santa Monica

06-04-2010, 08:25 PM   #1
blender
Custom User Title
United_States
Rep
Drives: black

Great Detailer in West LA/ Santa Monica

All -

If you are looking for a good dedicated detail shop [ not a car wash, garage, or mobile "crew"] I can recommend International Detail in west LA. They are near Olympic and Barrington.

They spent a day on my black Z4M including a polish with 3M sealer and wax in their building. The results were excellent. I have never seen such great depth & color out of Sapphire black. They removed all the light scratches and holograms and even wiped down the main items in the engine bay.

I had some stone chips on my wheels and they brought in a sub-contractor to repair them at additional cost. This guy did a flawless job - precision sand, repaint and clear coat to match the rest of the wheel. I'm a stickler for details and I can't fault their work.

Cost was reasonable, in the low $200 range. Granted, the z4 is a smallish car and mine has a full bumper and hood 'vinyl bra' so ~40% of the surface area required no polishing.

Overall they did a great job. Talk to Freddie. He knows a lot about the chemistry of polishes, waxes and paint.

International Detail, 2266 Barry Avenue, Los Angeles, CA‎ - (310) 312-8989‎.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 12:07 AM   #2
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

nice, i'll be sure to check them out one day
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 12:53 AM   #3
chrisE92
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue E92

pretty close to me.. gonna look into this
      06-05-2010, 09:59 AM   #4
Sweedishfishy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07' Montego Blue 335i sedan

Thanks for the tip. I've been wanting to get "my first detail" for my 335i (I'm the second owner), and really didn't want to take it to a local car wash for that sort of thing.

The previous owner did that, and the result is swirls, holograms, etc..

Questions:
- did you get to really examine it prior to paying? Sometimes it's hard to see holograms...did they have a light on it to prove to you they were gone?

- did you get to select the type of products? I've heard Zaino is the best...

- my interior is fairly clean...I keep it that way. Do you think it's worth it for them to go over it? (basically - interior detail or not?)

- my wheels have some curb scrub from previous owner -- worth it to have these guys sub contract for something that "major", or should I find my own guy?

Thanks a ton for the tips.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2010, 01:24 AM   #5
Sweedishfishy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07' Montego Blue 335i sedan

Update:

I went ahead and spoke with Freddie - as suggested, he's very knowledgeable, very friendly.

I left my 335 in his care for an exterior detail (he offers "just a wax" for ~100 and a 3 step waxing for ~200 -- I took the 200 package).

I'm very pleased with the results. Freddie even gave me some tips about maintaining the look between washings and waxings. Nice guy.

Here are some pictures:

The only negative is that the stone chips and windshield pits kind of stand out now, since everything else is so picture-perfect. No swirls, no holograms, deep, rich color. I'ts a 2007, but looks like new!

Thanks for the reference.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2010, 10:40 AM   #6
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

very nice after shots, looks great, and good price too
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2010, 03:43 AM   #7
bazukyboy
Registered