E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > '07 335i - Rip off Warranty Company + mechanic. Full INjector Dilemma. Help!

03-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
jmilber
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Soon 335i Sedan

'07 335i - Rip off Warranty Company + mechanic. Full INjector Dilemma. Help!

Hey guys,

I have 335i 2007--- 55Kmiles or so. It's currently covered on the after market "Total Protection Plan", which is a wrap plan--- supposed to cover everything EXCEPT what is specifically stated. Of course, now tat I finally need it the scum of the earth is trying to fight their way out of paying anything.

My car was misfiring--- I got codes C29CF, C29CD, C29CE, C29CC, and 20. Basically, misfire of different cylinders + an idle code. I got these after my car started shaking. I thought it was my spark plugs becaue I am 5000 miles late on replacing those according to BMW service codes, but my mechanic tells me today that it is my fuel injectors....

So.... he calls this craphole warranty company and tells them my fuel injectors need replacement, and they tell him they will cover the cost of "one fuel injector" since the fault code is for one only... I am confused, because it looked like there was multiple faults codes to different cylynders? Anyway--- mechanic says that all fuel injectors need to be replaced at once, and apparently has a bulletin from BMW saying this is a necessity or the car will keep misfiring. It's $2000 for all, and 1 being replaced is barely over my deductible. I dont know if my mechanic is trying to cheat me or my warranty company!! CAn anyone help me???

1.) Is it true I need to replace all fuel injectors? or would replacing the bad one probably do it and he is just going overboard trying to ask me to replace all of them?

2.) If all need to be replaced, and a bulletin shows that - that is the necessary course to fix my car, is my warranty company sleezing big time here? Is there anything I can do to fight this claim? Dont they have some obligation to honor repairig my car so that it doesn't give me any more problems? If my car is going to continue to misfire, then 1 fuel injector is not enough!

Thanks for all your help

James

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
Orion4
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sport Line Sedan

See the Injector Recall Campaign. This Emissions Recall involves E60, E61, E71, E82, E88, E90, E92, and E93 vehicles with N54 engines which were produced from 04/02/2007 through 10/31/2008.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #3
jmilber
Enlisted Member
Rep

I was told that I am not part of the recall, unfortunately =-\ I'll look into this though again to be sure
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #4
TonyDangH
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Sport Package

I had the same thing happen to me last week but mine was cover through CPO. Apparently they updated the injector. It is not compatible with the previous injector and will require for all of them to be changed. That is what happen in my case. Best of luck with your situation.
2008 E90 335i, Cobb Ap, ETS CP with TiAL Q BOV, Cyba Air Scoops, BMS OCC, M3 Rep. Front, V-Lip, M-tech Rear, BMW Performance Kidney Grill, M-Tech trunk Spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, OEM Blacklines, H&R Sports, Koni Yellow Sports And Apec EC-7.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 11:10 PM   #5
jmilber
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for the news---- my mechanic faxed the warranty company proof from BMW that all need to be changed, and appaently found a leaking gasket too.. yippee!! God I was I had BMW factory warranty still... was so nice to sit and drink their capuccinos and pay $0 without hassle....

Hope that warranty company just foots the bill and stops bitching and moaning
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 01:13 AM   #6
bmwdj
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilber
Thanks for the news---- my mechanic faxed the warranty company proof from BMW that all need to be changed, and appaently found a leaking gasket too.. yippee!! God I was I had BMW factory warranty still... was so nice to sit and drink their capuccinos and pay $0 without hassle....

Hope that warranty company just foots the bill and stops bitching and moaning
Why suddenly you get bmw warranty?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 05:38 AM   #7
divisionbell77
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i XDrive Coupe

Sorry to hear this, but you have learned a lesson. No third party warranty is worth anything.

You are actually lucky that they are even willing to do anything and not just blame the operator of the vehicle for continuing to drive with a known issue, which they usually do.

Only buy manufacturer extended warranties if you are extending your warranty.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 11:23 PM   #8
ek99civic
BMW Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by divisionbell77 View Post
Sorry to hear this, but you have learned a lesson. No third party warranty is worth anything.

You are actually lucky that they are even willing to do anything and not just blame the operator of the vehicle for continuing to drive with a known issue, which they usually do.

I have a third party warranty with a $0 deductable and have had absolutely zero problems with them. I take my car to BMW, they tell me whats wrong, and BMW contacts my warranty company. Next time I hear from BMW is when to pick my car up. I've had the warranty for a little over a year and have been through about $7500 worth of repairs.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 01:00 AM   #9
sankohuy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ek99civic
Quote:

I have a third party warranty with a $0 deductable and have had absolutely zero problems with them. I take my car to BMW, they tell me whats wrong, and BMW contacts my warranty company. Next time I hear from BMW is when to pick my car up. I've had the warranty for a little over a year and have been through about $7500 worth of repairs.
And what warranty are you using? Be nice to know the name after you tell your whole story....
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 08:02 AM   #10
divisionbell77
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i XDrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ek99civic View Post
Neat story.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 02:52 PM   #11
ek99civic
BMW Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ek99civic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sankohuy View Post
And what warranty are you using? Be nice to know the name after you tell your whole story....
Continuous customer care vehicle warranty. Got it through Toyota.

Quote:
Neat story.
You mad?
Appreciate 0