BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
kennethhhhd
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 MT 135i

Double Din Upgrade, Which HU?

I finally decided to go ahead and start modding. I'm going to start with audio and the HU is on the top of my list. I'm looking for a good Double Din unit with navi (my phone has good navi but its annoying), back- up camera ready, Bluetooth audio and hands free calling. These are the units that I have found so far. If anyone has any experience with any of these or has a better suggestion let me know, thanks!
JVC KWNT800HDT $809.77
Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD $1329.99
Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH $859.99
Prices are from amazon.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #2
Zeros and ones
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i MT6 M Sport, Dinan 5

Garage List
2011 128i  [5.66]
2000 Dinan 5  [0.00]
what about Alpine?

My first choice would always be Alpine. My second would bee the Kenwood, than JVC, and than Pioneer.
      08-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #3
kennethhhhd
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeros and ones View Post
what about Alpine?

My first choice would always be Alpine. My second would bee the Kenwood, than JVC, and than Pioneer.
Alpine INA-W910? I found it on Amazon for $1124.99. What do you think about that one or is there another one that I should consider?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #4
Zeros and ones
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i MT6 M Sport, Dinan 5

Garage List
2011 128i  [5.66]
2000 Dinan 5  [0.00]
I have that one in my e39 5 series and I love it. But you got to get the add on if you want the fill experience. The kenwood one pretty much is loaded with everything but at a cheaper price. Plus not to mention Garmin Navigation which is considered the best.

But you can not beat Alpine quality. With Alpine it just works. I have done countless updated to my ipod and every time I plug that into my alpine it works. My buddy has a Pioneer double din and I can not say the same about him.

Kenwood though is amazing bang for value. I do not think I have seen any other head unit come packed with so much stuff as such a great price. You really can not go wrong with this head unit.

My buddy has a JVC unit in his e30 318i and man is that thing rock solid too. What I like about JVC is that you can load up and play Lossless music files and if you are a audio-file you will enjoy that option very much.

I can go on and on, but you have to choose which one is best for your needs and budget.
      08-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #5
kennethhhhd
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeros and ones View Post
I have that one in my e39 5 series and I love it. But you got to get the add on if you want the fill experience. The kenwood one pretty much is loaded with everything but at a cheaper price. Plus not to mention Garmin Navigation which is considered the best.

But you can not beat Alpine quality. With Alpine it just works. I have done countless updated to my ipod and every time I plug that into my alpine it works. My buddy has a Pioneer double din and I can not say the same about him.

Kenwood though is amazing bang for value. I do not think I have seen any other head unit come packed with so much stuff as such a great price. You really can not go wrong with this head unit.

My buddy has a JVC unit in his e30 318i and man is that thing rock solid too. What I like about JVC is that you can load up and play Lossless music files and if you are a audio-file you will enjoy that option very much.

I can go on and on, but you have to choose which one is best for your needs and budget.
I'll look at a few reviews and videos to see if the Kenwood or Alpine are worth the extra cash or not.
Appreciate 0