E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Tri-State Stealership Experiences

06-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #133
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Was this all at BMW of Greenwich?? Cause if it was I'd be all over their service dept's ass to pay for the damage they had done to the car & have a different dealer replace the cowl & actually repair the brakes (would cite a lack of confidence & trust in the dealer after all the damage they've done to the car). Obviously you're better off taking a loss on the JB4 cables since that's not "supposed" to be on there anyhow. Sorry dude.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #134
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
Was this all at BMW of Greenwich?? Cause if it was I'd be all over their service dept's ass to pay for the damage they had done to the car & have a different dealer replace the cowl & actually repair the brakes (would cite a lack of confidence & trust in the dealer after all the damage they've done to the car). Obviously you're better off taking a loss on the JB4 cables since that's not "supposed" to be on there anyhow. Sorry dude.
Everything was BMW of Greenwich except the JB4 cable. The JB4 cable was taken out by the shop i use to install most of my stuff. I really should've done it to myself. I sent Terry an email just to confirm 100% that the cable shouldn't be cut although i'm 99% sure then i'm going to either email my shop tonight or call tomorrow.
More Pictures: Build Thread /// 683AWHP/675AWTQ
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #135
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
The JB4 cable was taken out by the shop i use to install most of my stuff.
Time for a new shop! Hope this wasn't EFI (since you're in CT)
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #136
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep
Drives: E90 N54

Garage List
Quote:
Yep, if that's my car I'd be going 0 to the minute I found out all that shit was broken. I actually need to replace the clips for my battery rail too (the clips are on the lower cowl, mine was self inflicted damage), so if you need the number for it let me know. But YEAAAA, the broken clips + cut cable would NOT fly.
Dealers can be f-cking animals. I helped a member on here put in his procede the other day and I was aghast that a dealer had busted all the clips on his fuel rail, was missing like 3 screws in the cabin filter, and the tabs that hold the filter housing to the cowl cover were also broken. He didn't know because he had Cobb before. So he's not sure which dealer did it. I'd sh-t a cupcake if I saw that on my car.
      06-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #137
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Time for a new shop! Hope this wasn't EFI (since you're in CT)
Yea only problem is there's no shops as close to me and they are supposed to be really good. They literally work on tons of high end cars, so i just don't get it... I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and have a long talk. Tomorrow i'm going to get my windows tinted at a place 45 minutes away and i'm cruising up there and back down with a bunch of cars. I really wanted my cars tuned but now it looks like i'll be one of the slowest cars there... There's a modded S4 coming, JBD 335D, C63, and a few others that are probably coming.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #138
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
This Was EFI!?!?!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #139
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This Was EFI!?!?!
No, i've never been to EFI
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #140
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
No, i've never been to EFI
Oh, okay -- EFI is supposed to be the best place in CT (they're a forum sponsor). Not sure where you're from but assuming you're close to BMW Greenwich, they're like an hour from you. Might want to consider them if you decide to keep your car modded.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 09:14 PM   #141
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh, okay -- EFI is supposed to be the best place in CT (they're a forum sponsor). Not sure where you're from but assuming you're close to BMW Greenwich, they're like an hour from you. Might want to consider them if you decide to keep your car modded
Yea i might consider them or autocouture. I am in Greenwich so i think both EFI and autocouture are around the same distance away
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #142
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Just went to Morristown BMW to see if they would price match on same OEM parts I need to order -- Keep everyone updated if they match or hold true to the BMW Luxury Tax.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #143
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
SO I needed to order some replacement OEM bits (lower cowl cause I cracked one of the clips like a jackass, 2 VANOS solenoids + a valve cover gasket). Contacted Tischer & PRS, both gave me great prices. Well BMW Morristown (ask for Mike in Internet Parts Sales) really wants to make a sale because they undercut both of them, there won't be a shipping cost AND anything not in stock would get 2-day mailed to the dealer.

So for anyone close to BMW Morristown, I'd say get estimates for w/e you need & then see if you can get them to price match/undercut. Now I'm strongly considering the M3 suspension components now since they'd offer a good deal on those bits too
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 10:19 AM   #144
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
SO I needed to order some replacement OEM bits (lower cowl cause I cracked one of the clips like a jackass, 2 VANOS solenoids + a valve cover gasket). Contacted Tischer & PRS, both gave me great prices. Well BMW Morristown (ask for Mike in Internet Parts Sales) really wants to make a sale because they undercut both of them, there won't be a shipping cost AND anything not in stock would get 2-day mailed to the dealer.

So for anyone close to BMW Morristown, I'd say get estimates for w/e you need & then see if you can get them to price match/undercut. Now I'm strongly considering the M3 suspension components now since they'd offer a good deal on those bits too
That's great to know, thanks. They are a short jaunt up 24 from me.
      06-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #145
hemi to e90
dat boost doe
Poland
Rep
Drives: 10 335i 21 740li

Quote:

bmw morristown is an open road dealer right?

im a little shocked over here.
      06-18-2012, 10:49 AM   #146
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi to e90 View Post
bmw morristown is an open road dealer right?

im a little shocked over here.
Yea they are -- I was shocked too since I heard they're usually difficult peoples. All I did was call up, explained I was looking to order some parts & if they could price match to what I was quoted at, I'd buy through them. Specifically asked to speak with Mike, gave him the parts #s and the price I was quoted at & he just slashed money right off.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #147
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
they are part of the open road group but there must be different mgmt or something because I've been treated like a king when I've gone there and heard nothing but complaints about edison. Hemi I know you said you have an "in" there, but for the rest of us they're d-bags.
      06-21-2012, 11:32 PM   #148
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Morristown BMW is prob gonna be my new BMW Dealer go-to. Picked up the parts that I needed today, which were incredibly priced (lower than what Tischer, ECS or even Autohausz had quoted everything at). Mike was the guy that helped me out and I would HIGHLY asking for him specifically if anyone needs BMW parts. I even asked him about upgrading my 335i with the M3 parts and he said there'd be no problem (I'll prob have to bother him about it, but he said he'd look into what would be required to get E9x M3 brakes onto my 335).

After I got the parts, we talked about our cars (he's got an E90 M3) and aftermarket mods. He said that if I ever need to go to a dealer, just to come back to Morristown BMW and give him the heads up. He explained that the dealer is mod-friendly and will do what they can unless your mods are responsible for the damage.

Nothing against any other dealers, but this was by far the best "Stealership Experience" I've ever had.

P.S. -- Fuck Park Ave BMW. They've got an incredible Service Facility (it's not on-site at the dealership), but the people are the "by-the-book" kind and if there's anything on your car that isn't BMW-made, expect them to void your warranty.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #149
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Update to my situation:

Wire for the JB4 was repaired and while it was at BMS they did the 15ohm mod for free!

In regards to all the BMW of Greenwich stuff they emailed us a survey last week. I left very honest responses and almost immediately after submitting it i had an email from someone named Audley with a phone number to call. Called and explained the situation and yesterday they came to my house with a loaner and picked up the car. The front brakes have been replaced, they gave me a new cowl, and they said they couldn't replicate the long cranks. Luckily i recorded a video a few weeks ago so i emailed a video and they said it's the HPFP. They're also replacing that tomorrow then dropping the car back off here. This time around it's been a good experience so far although we'll see when i get the car back. Hopefully no gum on the pedals this time around... Service Advisor this time around is Fabian Bonici (i think that's his name).
Appreciate 0