F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Does anyone have experience with nationwide PPI?
Extreme Powerhouse

08-07-2014, 11:48 PM   #1
ycho45
Rep
Drives: 328i

Does anyone have experience with nationwide PPI?

Last edited by ycho45; 11-23-2017 at 11:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 11:57 PM   #2
Meeni
Gateropode
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i 06

Not to hijack your thread, but do you really need a PPI for a car that is still under warranty and less than a year old ?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 08:10 AM   #3
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycho45 View Post
I'm trying to purchase a used '14 428i located out-of-state.

Have anyone of you tried PPI from lemonsquad, carchex, or aim?

Can't really find a local who can do PPI for me..
There's no BMW dealers in Atlanta or is the car somewhere else? I'd be helpful to post where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeni View Post
Not to hijack your thread, but do you really need a PPI for a car that is still under warranty and less than a year old ?
Absolutely, I wouldn't buy a used car without a PPI. You have no idea what the previous owner did/didn't do. Just because its under warranty doesn't mean the owner actually followed the maintenance schedule or took care of any issues. They could have not done the break-in service, coded out any error messages on the dashboard, etc

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 06:18 AM   #4
ycho45
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseto View Post
There's no BMW dealers in Atlanta or is the car somewhere else? I'd be helpful to post where.

Absolutely, I wouldn't buy a used car without a PPI. You have no idea what the previous owner did/didn't do. Just because its under warranty doesn't mean the owner actually followed the maintenance schedule or took care of any issues. They could have not done the break-in service, coded out any error messages on the dashboard, etc
The car is located at Norfolk. Could you help me find one? I suck at Web surfing.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 08:53 PM   #5
emthree4me
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 e92

BMW club have chapters all over the country. I'm sure our NCC Rep here can find some contacts for you. You can PM him directly for more personal service. He is pretty good at support
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2014, 08:24 AM   #6
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycho45 View Post
The car is located at Norfolk. Could you help me find one? I suck at Web surfing.
Googling 'BMW Norfolk' got me 2 answers: Checkered Flag BMW (Norfolk area) and Casey BMW (Newport News area)

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2014, 09:46 AM   #7
intoflatlines
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MR, E34, E30

Even though I bought my car locally, I had a PPI done "remotely" without any issues.

- Confirm with sales/dealership that they will allow a PPI to be done, and that they will drop off and pick up the car at the 3rd party dealership (it's good to get it done at a dealership because they can/will pull a record of all work that was done under warranty).
- Call 3rd party dealership and make an appointment for PPI, pay via credit card over the phone.

I did it for two cars with two different dealerships and it worked out just fine. The first car/PPI was well worth it because the car had its entire front end replaced/repainted, and had overheating issues previously (warrantied). Clean Carfax and the car looked fine in person.
Appreciate 0