F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW 3 Series Long Wheelbase Sedan Revealed Ahead Auto China 2012 Debut
proTUNING Freaks

04-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #67
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Ok, let me be the one to say it then... They're just getting the Li since they have to compensate for something elsewhere

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #68
ubbii
Rep
Drives: Ford Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
Ok, let me be the one to say it then... They're just getting the Li since they have to compensate for something elsewhere
You got it, but in the opposite way. The normal 3 is just too short for us to be entirely in.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #69
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubbii View Post
You got it, but in the opposite way. The normal 3 is just too short for us to be entirely in.
Hahaha yeah right lol, that's not what I hear from my Chinese friends haha

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #70
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You heard or you felt?
lol thankfully never felt.. I heard and.. well.. saw once.. not exactly proud of that, though lol

But ehh.. topic is getting off-topic haha

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 09:40 PM   #71
ubbii
Rep

Quote:
Hahaha yeah right lol, that's not what I hear from my Chinese friends haha
You call them friends but we call them losers.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #72
Autumn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGScuba View Post
Seriously? Monthly salary of 4k or 6k RMB? That's way lower than I expected. My quote of salaries between RMB 20-40 k per month are for in-house lawyers of between 5-8 years experience (yep I've seen their pay slips).

What sort of qualifications/professional status/years of work experience are you talking about, kqian? Cos I'm thinking that BMW's target audience in China is graduate PMEBs (Professionals, Managerial, Executive & Businessmen) who've worked for a few years.
SGScuba, I believe you're right, and he's right as well. The general rule for professional positions in China is that the salary is the same number-wise as US salary, only instead of USD its in RMB.

So they make about 1/6th the actual wage. It would be fair to say most professionals with a degree make about 5k RMB per month. It would also be fair to say experienced lawyers make about 20-40k per month, because lawyers make more than most other workers.

For comparison, the average worker makes about 5k per month in the US, but American lawyers can easily make 30k per month, about 360k/year.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 12:11 AM   #73
ubbii
Rep

Quote:
BTW, talking about the love for fat and long cars, you Americans second to no one on this planet. So if above is what you are saying..... I got you. Thanks for sharing.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 01:48 AM   #74
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
BTW, talking about the love for fat and long cars, you Americans second to no one on this planet. So if above is what you are saying..... I got you. Thanks for sharing.
It's ok, I'm not American

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 01:48 AM   #75
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You call them friends but we call them losers.
What car are you currently driving? A Focus?

edit: btw, it's almost as I personally offended you with that joke.. I wonder why

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 03:03 AM   #76
ubbii
Rep

Quote:
What car are you currently driving? A Focus?

edit: btw, it's almost as I personally offended you with that joke.. I wonder why
Then you clearly don't know Chinese. In Shanghai we don't compare the cars we drive. We compare the number of apartments we own. Because the price of a shabby apartment in Shanghai equals to a Ferrari 458. I am not selling my 5 apartments because they are still appreciating 20% every year for me. You can do the math, can't you?

Also, I drive a focus because my boss is driving a BMW 3. The reason he is driving a 3 because the big boss is driving 5. Now I am going to buy a 335 (that's why I am here) because I heard my boss just ordered a new 530. He is doing that because the big boss just bought a Merc S. And I am just a very normal young man in this city. Hope my story explains to you why Chinese consumes the most luxuries in the world.

Oh, almost forget to talk about my car. Focus is just a name but what it didn't tell you is its 405 bph and 520 torqe. It is hard to control I have to admit but in a 0 - 100 kph it still does 4.1 sec for me. You might say your M3 can smoke it (tho I am not entirely convinced) but who cares. It's just a focus, my first car.

PS. I am not gonna continue on this topic, no matter what you reply. I am not a fan of Li either. But I wouldn't laugh on someone who has more choices, choice is always good.

Last edited by ubbii; 04-07-2012 at 03:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 04:32 AM   #77
///AV_330i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiangyuTide View Post
As a Chinese, the only thing I want to comment on this post is "you are really funny". Yeah GM manufactures really nice Buicks in Shanghai, but it is just too far to be considered as a luxury in China. The LaCrosse is the most expensive Buick model made by Shanghai GM with a top price of RMB 320K which is about $50K. And let me tell you what, Chinese purchased more than 1000 Rolls last year, more than Americans did, plus, the cheapest model in China costs RMB 4 million, which is about $635K and the MSRP for the same model is $ 250K in the US. My family have a Mercedes ML 350 which is RMB 900K and same as $143K. But it can only be considered as an entry level car if you are talking about luxury cars in China since there are tons of Range Rovers ($200K-$350K+), Mercedes S ($220K-$400K+) and BMW 7s even on the street of my city (a typical suburb of Beijing). So, if you tell a Chinese that driving a Buick in China is like a Bentley in America, he will probably think that Bentley is just too cheap in America lol.
sweet.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 05:25 AM   #78
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Then you clearly don't know Chinese. In Shanghai we don't compare the cars we drive. We compare the number of apartments we own. Because the price of a shabby apartment in Shanghai equals to a Ferrari 458. I am not selling my 5 apartments because they are still appreciating 20% every year for me. You can do the math, can't you?

Also, I drive a focus because my boss is driving a BMW 3. The reason he is driving a 3 because the big boss is driving 5. Now I am going to buy a 335 (that's why I am here) because I heard my boss just ordered a new 530. He is doing that because the big boss just bought a Merc S. And I am just a very normal young man in this city. Hope my story explains to you why Chinese consumes the most luxuries in the world.

Oh, almost forget to talk about my car. Focus is just a name but what it didn't tell you is its 405 bph and 520 torqe. It is hard to control I have to admit but in a 0 - 100 kph it still does 4.1 sec for me. You might say your M3 can smoke it (tho I am not entirely convinced) but who cares. It's just a focus, my first car.

PS. I am not gonna continue on this topic, no matter what you reply. I am not a fan of Li either. But I wouldn't laugh on someone who has more choices, choice is always good.
It's ok you're not going to continue, I know there's a chance you might still read what I'm going to say so I'm going to throw it out there regardless.

When I made my initial post, the one on which you first replied, I made a joke. A simple joke my friends (all Chinese, mostly western-born Chinese so there might be a difference between them and you) commonly make among themselves.

I miss a bit the point about me not knowing Chinese.. Funny fact is that I have several, quite successful, friends living in Shanghai. I know the story about the apartments and what they cost, I've lived there myself for a short while. And, please, don't try to act all 'successful' with your lousy 5 apartments, it kind of makes you an even smaller person.

You don't have to explain the hierarchy to me, I know it all too well. What I said, I only said because, out of nothing, you said that they are not friends but losers. In other words: you started name calling for no reason and regardless of how fast and powerful you think your car may be, it is and remains a Focus which I personally think is, no offence, a butt ugly car. Either way, I would never have mentioned any of that if you did not called them names.

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 08:52 AM   #79
SGScuba
Private First Class
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
SGScuba, I believe you're right, and he's right as well. The general rule for professional positions in China is that the salary is the same number-wise as US salary, only instead of USD its in RMB.

So they make about 1/6th the actual wage. It would be fair to say most professionals with a degree make about 5k RMB per month. It would also be fair to say experienced lawyers make about 20-40k per month, because lawyers make more than most other workers.

For comparison, the average worker makes about 5k per month in the US, but American lawyers can easily make 30k per month, about 360k/year.
<whistle> wow huge difference!
Sport AT, Mineral Grey, Black interior, Alum w/ high-gloss black interior trim, Sports seats + Lumbar support, Harman Kardon sound, Nav system Prof, PDC (f+r), Rear view camera, comfort access, Xenon lights.
Appreciate 0