F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > F30 M Performance Brakes Detailed. Coming in Red, Orange, Yellow
proTUNING Freaks

03-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #45
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbow64 View Post
I'm with Ja///mes on this one. A regular 3 series should not have better performing or looking brakes than an actual ///M. BMW should get onboard and offer performance upgrades for their real ///M cars before they offer ///M parts to the rest of the fleet. Where's the exclusivity?
They are no better than those coming on the M3
And the M3 may get a Carbon brake option like the M5 and M6

Development for older models was stopped some time ago.

03-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #46
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut View Post
They make all their money on the 3er, so just hold tight, those changes are yet to come... Give it time.
Yes they do make bread and butter money from the 3 series, but which 3 series are we talking about? They already did what they could from the E9X, it is over, the last year or so for the coupe and cabriolet just doesn't matter anymore and they are not going to bother (as BMW or any other car maker never did) for the retiring generation, commercial logic dictates here. Whatever going to appear, it will be for the F30 and almost all of these new goodies will be exclusive for the F30. That's how they convince people to go and buy a "new" model car, remember? This is how I see the things and of course I would love to have some orange calipers for my 1M but I doubt that any E9X M or 1M will be able to get them, hopefully I am wrong and someone will tell us that we can. It would be a nice and big surprise for me.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #47
TheVoiceOfReason
Rep
Drives: BMW(s)

Quote:
I'm with Ja///mes on this one. A regular 3 series should not have better performing or looking brakes than an actual ///M. BMW should get onboard and offer performance upgrades for their real ///M cars before they offer ///M parts to the rest of the fleet. Where's the exclusivity?

Why exactly do you assume that the regular 3 series has better performing and better looking brakes than "an actual ///M".

You don't know what the F80 brakes will look like. So you've made an assumption. Last time I checked BMW's M division has always produced cars that perform better than their non-M counterparts. The F80 has not been released, so you are speculating.

Last time I checked the new M6 has carbon ceramic rotors. There. Now you have exclusivity, better performance, and better looks. In an M.

I swear people do not pay attention to their comments.

Lastly, HOW do you expect BMW to offer ///M upgrades before the non-m when the M models are released AFTER the non-m.

Some people are clueless. Here is a summary for those who are playing along in the real world; BMW has just released a nice, upgraded braking upgrade for non-M cars. Be grateful.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #48
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

I think its great for all this new stuff..

and fyi i ordered a set of the backing plates #12 in the second pic of the first post too see if they will fit on my 1er for added brake cooling...

I made a set similar to this last year but needed a way to get them stamped out of 1 piece of metal.... thanks BMW for the retrofit
      03-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #49
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
No, they haven't (afaik).

Best regards,
south
Or retrofit ECU tunes, for that matter. BMW seems on the forefront of factory-developed and marketed retrofit performance parts in Europe.

NISMO, Mugen, and TRD have been doing this for a while in Japan, however.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #50
Frosty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M240i - 2021 - 6MT -

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
Or retrofit ECU tunes, for that matter. BMW seems on the forefront of factory-developed and marketed retrofit performance parts in Europe.

NISMO, Mugen, and TRD have been doing this for a while in Japan, however.
Prelude (5MT) (1995)
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #51
WMAC6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Go brembo
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #52
Th3xf4ctor
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Mazda6

What I don't understand are why even the e90 LCI doesn't even have a BMW Performance Brake option. They have more performance parts for this new model which is barely released they do for the e90's.
2011 335i Sedan M Sport/Le Mans Blue Metallic/Glacier Aluminum Trim/Heated Seats/Premium Package/Black Leather/Ipod Adapter/Paddles/FormulaOne Tint/Matte Black Grilles/AA Signature Exhaust/AA Chargepipe/ Cobb Stage 1 Aggressive [SOLD]

2007 328i Coupe Sport/Matte Black Kidney's/3M Tint----Lemon'ed
[SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #53
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

No problem, please write the check!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMAC6 View Post
Go brembo
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #54
Longbow64
_______
Rep
Drives: 15 M3, 13 X3 35i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVoiceOfReason View Post

Why exactly do you assume that the regular 3 series has better performing and better looking brakes than "an actual ///M".

You don't know what the F80 brakes will look like. So you've made an assumption. Last time I checked BMW's M division has always produced cars that perform better than their non-M counterparts. The F80 has not been released, so you are speculating.

Last time I checked the new M6 has carbon ceramic rotors. There. Now you have exclusivity, better performance, and better looks. In an M.

Lastly, HOW do you expect BMW to offer ///M upgrades before the non-m when the M models are released AFTER the non-m.

Some people are clueless. Here is a summary for those who are playing along in the real world; BMW has just released a nice, upgraded braking upgrade for non-M cars. Be grateful.
Okay, so let's clear this up. I don't really care what is going to be released. In the real world, I own an E90 M3. The F80 M3 won't be released for a while. BMW never released a brake upgrade option on the E9X M3. So, for me, it still discredits the brand and leaves those with a model that is in actual circulation, as the E92 and E93 are, with a subpar product. Hope that clears up your confusion. Next time read the signature and you'll see what I actually own.
      03-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #55
MassBimmer
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 M50

Garage List
2009 BMW  [9.24]
Quote:
Originally Posted by okolisr View Post
What is different about xDrive that would cause BMW not to offer M Sport Brakes and this upgrade kit for xDrive models?
The current BMW Performance brakes for the E9x don't fit xDrive models...same with the Performance suspension.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #56
JA///MES
PLZRACE
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVoiceOfReason
Quote:

You should name yourself the voice to stupidity! I didn't pay 75k for the 328 or 330 or 335 to have better looking calipers than the ones on my 2011 E90 M3! I think its the 6th place trophy generation trying to take over and make everyone feel like they own an M because they slap a letter on an after market part! We're not assuming anything! I know the new M3 will have better brakes but BMW could at least make it an option for the guy who spent 25-30k more than the noob who just bought a 328i and has the M logo all over it!
2011 E90 JBM ///M3 DCT l Gintani Catless X-Pipe w/ Hybrid Exhaust l Vishnu Procede V5 with Meth l l RE Pulleys l Tecnocraft Envy l Arkym CF Diffuser l CF BMW Spoiler l Arkym CF Front Bumper l GB ///M Badge l GB Side Markers l GB Kidney Grills l PSS 275/255/35/19s l VMR VB3s in Hyper Black l CF Steering Wheel Trim l ///M Pedals l Black Tow Hooks l Eibach Springs l GP Thunder Bulbs l IND Key Hole Cover l BMW PSW l Verstrabe Paddles
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #57
JA///MES
PLZRACE
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbow64
Quote:

Okay, so let's clear this up. I don't really care what is going to be released. In the real world, I own an E90 M3. The F80 M3 won't be released for a while. BMW never released a brake upgrade option on the E9X M3. So, for me, it still discredits the brand and leaves those with a model that is in actual circulation, as the E92 and E93 are, with a subpar product. Hope that clears up your confusion. Next time read the signature and you'll see what I actually own.
Longbow hit the nail on the head!!!!! Let's take care of the people who want the exclusivity of having an M first and then worry about the people who decided to be cheap and get the 328i with M everything! Everyone seems to do this and it's annoying because the people who actually own M's don't want to spend 9k on brakes that come on a Hyundai. Gonna change my screen name to TheVoiceOfTheReal//Ms! Lmao!
2011 E90 JBM ///M3 DCT l Gintani Catless X-Pipe w/ Hybrid Exhaust l Vishnu Procede V5 with Meth l l RE Pulleys l Tecnocraft Envy l Arkym CF Diffuser l CF BMW Spoiler l Arkym CF Front Bumper l GB ///M Badge l GB Side Markers l GB Kidney Grills l PSS 275/255/35/19s l VMR VB3s in Hyper Black l CF Steering Wheel Trim l ///M Pedals l Black Tow Hooks l Eibach Springs l GP Thunder Bulbs l IND Key Hole Cover l BMW PSW l Verstrabe Paddles
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #58
JA///MES
PLZRACE
United_States
Rep

Last thing. How does one create the screen name like TheVoiceOfReason and then only have 9 posts under your belt and no signature clarifying what you actually drive? Just a thought! Nice going noob!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #59
kawchkjf
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw m3

Why wouldnt this brake kit work on other bimmer models? Its just a 5x120 bolt pattern?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #60
nofuture
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 335i sport

Sounds like people started to talk about the size of their dicks and not the breaks for F30
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 07:48 PM   #61
M5007
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Competition Package

Nice.
      03-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #62
TheVoiceOfReason
Rep

Quote:
Yes, of course they did not release a brake upgrade option on the E9X M3. They have just begun this trend of offering factory performance upgrades on all their models. This entire process is new. You never saw this option on E30's, E34's, E38's, etc, etc. This is all being started with the outgoing of the E9X models and is just now coming into it's own.

It's a little unfair for you to discredit BMW for not doing something 10 years ago that they just started. Is it unfortunate? Yes. But until now they must not have seen a market for it. How is that hard to understand? It's just how they had never offered an M SUV before.

Also, to clear something up...Unfortunately you do now own a "subpar" product. The F30 is better in every way. I'm not sure why you expect your one generation old 3 series to be better than the new. You should be happy for the progress of the brand.

You own an E9X M3...why are you complaining? You won't have any trouble fending off F30's on the track.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #63
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3xf4ctor View Post
What I don't understand are why even the e90 LCI doesn't even have a BMW Performance Brake option. They have more performance parts for this new model which is barely released they do for the e90's.
BMW Performance makes drilled rotors for the E90, and I'm fairly certain they also make calipers as well (they're yellow, I believe).
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #64
TheVoiceOfReason
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA///MES View Post
You should name yourself the voice to stupidity! I didn't pay 75k for the 328 or 330 or 335 to have better looking calipers than the ones on my 2011 E90 M3! I think its the 6th place trophy generation trying to take over and make everyone feel like they own an M because they slap a letter on an after market part! We're not assuming anything! I know the new M3 will have better brakes but BMW could at least make it an option for the guy who spent 25-30k more than the noob who just bought a 328i and has the M logo all over it!
I'm not sure how to even address this conglomeration of illogical thought.

1. 75k? Ouch.

2. I think you are misguided as you are placing more value on the form of the brakes rather than the function. I guess some people have different priorities then myself. You keep saying "better looking", yet we have no idea how these perform compared to your E9X's brakes....Frankly I'd rather they paint them black and kick ass then be shiny gold and hardly stop the car.

3. I agree about this trend of BMW to expand the letter "M" to seemingly everything they make. But, at the end of the day, they are a business. And the bottom line is I feel that their products are still better than their competitors. So I trust that they will continue making great cars.

4. "I think its the 6th place trophy generation trying to take over and make everyone feel like they own an M because they slap a letter on an after market part!"- Frankly this is a little disrespectful to all F30 owners....The car was just released to market. It's a little early to be generalizing the owners of this car.

5. You come off as bit of an elitist...Please do not try to give us actual enthusiasts a bad name.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 08:19 PM   #65
TheVoiceOfReason
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA///MES View Post
Longbow hit the nail on the head!!!!! Let's take care of the people who want the exclusivity of having an M first and then worry about the people who decided to be cheap and get the 328i with M everything! Everyone seems to do this and it's annoying because the people who actually own M's don't want to spend 9k on brakes that come on a Hyundai. Gonna change my screen name to TheVoiceOfTheReal//Ms! Lmao!

Exclusivity of having an M? I'm not sure what this means. The last M car to be truly exclusive was the 1M. After that in the U.S. I believe it would be the E36 M3 CSL IIRC. Frankly I do not consider any of the other M cars to be exclusive. They are mass production cars that anyone can own. Just because they cost more and don't sell quite in the volumes of the non-M does not make them exclusive.

I'm sorry but you are soon going to have to accept that the M badge is going to be appearing in a lot of places it shouldn't. I'm no more a fan of it than you are. It's also unfair to say "People decided to be 'cheap'" by buying a 328. Not everyone decides to track their car (quite unfortunate...they should). For many people the 328 is a perfectly acceptable car.

Your 9k Hyundai brake comment also doesn't seem to make much sense...Last I knew there has been no collaboration between Hyundai and BMW on their braking systems.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 08:37 PM   #66
Longbow64
_______
Rep
Drives: 15 M3, 13 X3 35i MSport

Quote:
Yes, of course they did not release a brake upgrade option on the E9X M3. They have just begun this trend of offering factory performance upgrades on all their models. This entire process is new. You never saw this option on E30's, E34's, E38's, etc, etc. This is all being started with the outgoing of the E9X models and is just now coming into it's own.

It's a little unfair for you to discredit BMW for not doing something 10 years ago that they just started. Is it unfortunate? Yes. But until now they must not have seen a market for it. How is that hard to understand? It's just how they had never offered an M SUV before.

Also, to clear something up...Unfortunately you do now own a "subpar" product. The F30 is better in every way. I'm not sure why you expect your one generation old 3 series to be better than the new. You should be happy for the progress of the brand.

You own an E9X M3...why are you complaining? You won't have any trouble fending off F30's on the track.
I think the growth of the brand is great and yes my 335i is essentially "subpar". The M3, not even close. It's yet to be proven that the F80 M3 with the projected V6 turbo is any good. I'm sure it will be, otherwise BMW would catch a bunch of crap about it sucking. I was just making a point that there's a gap in the release of the F80, so why not market some M upgrades to keep people interested in the meanwhile.

As for saving money, these brakes are probably going to cost almost as much as buying an aftermarket BBK. Like most other BMW upgrades, the price is high, the performance gains low, but you get the reassurance of your warranty.

I'm actually excited about the M Performance vehicle line. It's a nice compromise, and if released, I'll probably buy an X3 M Performance to replace my "subpar" 335i.