F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Transmission connector sleeve
Studio RSR

06-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #1
kat89
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 530i

Unhappy Transmission connector sleeve

I was wondering if anyone has had the same situation I was told yesterday at a BMW dealership.

For the past six months or so, my 2004 530i has been having a slipping feel in the gears on take off. After taking it to a couple of reputable mechanics I and having spark plugs and coils replaced, approx $900 worth, the car still does the same thing.

I took it to a BMW dealership about two months ago and was told it was the gas I was using. So, I started using premium grade again and have put two injector treatments in the tank, but no change in the car.

So, yesterday, I stopped by the BMW dealership and the service person and another fellow drove the car and I don't know if they actually hooked it up to the machine or not....but I was told that it was most likely the connector sleeve. They told me it was probably cracked and leaking and needed replacing; however, I was told that after they replace/fix the connector sleeve and put the fluid back in the car that there is a chance it will not fix it and that possibly the car would not even work again.

They said it is like I'm letting them replace it and crossing my fingers in hopes it works. This service will cost me $705, and the possibility of a car that won't operate afterwards.

I just find this hard to believe. Can anyone tell me what I should do??

Thanks,
Kat89
Appreciate 0