F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Sacrifice
Studio RSR

01-23-2008, 01:18 AM   #1
inabis
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Sacrifice

Ok me and my friend and his gf were arguing after watching Cloverfield (sorry another damn thread about it I know)...would you go back risking the lives of three or more of your friends for another good friend? Would you be willing to sacrifice your brother/sister??

When do you have to take a step back and go "logically this is a bad desicion. More people will die." I know the military has always had a "leave no man behind policy" but I dunno if most people were in the main characters situation I don't really know if they would have gone back. People like to pretend to be heroic and automatically say "yes" but more often than not wouldn't do anything. Yeah your conscience would be eating at you if you didn't do anything but would you go back? Honestly? Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 11:47 AM   #2
jj thumper
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335is

I would go back but I wouldnt risk others lives.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 01:32 PM   #3
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by inabis View Post
Ok me and my friend and his gf were arguing after watching Cloverfield (sorry another damn thread about it I know)...would you go back risking the lives of three or more of your friends for another good friend? Would you be willing to sacrifice your brother/sister??

When do you have to take a step back and go "logically this is a bad desicion. More people will die." I know the military has always had a "leave no man behind policy" but I dunno if most people were in the main characters situation I don't really know if they would have gone back. People like to pretend to be heroic and automatically say "yes" but more often than not wouldn't do anything. Yeah your conscience would be eating at you if you didn't do anything but would you go back? Honestly? Thoughts?
He didn't risk the others lives, they risked their own.
They wanted to go a long with him. (How many posts am I going to have to make about this movie, which hardly anyone has a clue about..)

He loved the girl, so yes, I can justify going back to save her.. Even if I knew we were going to probably only get to spend another 10 minutes together.

-Nathan
      01-23-2008, 01:37 PM   #4
Scottz71
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F25 X3 - Space Grey

Garage List
i say let the stupid bitch die...

there could be the best damn BJ on earth for me at the end of that rescue mission, and I'm still letting her rot...especially if some really pissed off monster, dropping nasty little monsters is walking down my block...

Chuck Norris and Mr. T could offer to go with me, and I'm still saying "f*ck NO!"....

that movie was just as stupid as I thought it'd be...and I'm pissed they'd waste everyone's time thinking about ways to spin a sequel...
'07 E92 335i - Space Gray (Brock) retired
'15 i3 REx Giga World - Capparis White (Randy) retired
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 01:51 PM   #5
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottz71 View Post
i say let the stupid bitch die...

there could be the best damn BJ on earth for me at the end of that rescue mission, and I'm still letting her rot...especially if some really pissed off monster, dropping nasty little monsters is walking down my block...

Chuck Norris and Mr. T could offer to go with me, and I'm still saying "f*ck NO!"....

that movie was just as stupid as I thought it'd be...and I'm pissed they'd waste everyone's time thinking about ways to spin a sequel...
If it's about getting a blow job afterwards, then it isn't love..
L2P life.

-Nathan
      01-23-2008, 01:56 PM   #6
Scottz71
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F25 X3 - Space Grey

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expired View Post
If it's about getting a blow job afterwards, then it isn't love..
L2P life.

-Nathan

cloverfield is not a love story....it is an exercise in capitalism...and we're all just willing suckers.
'07 E92 335i - Space Gray (Brock) retired
'15 i3 REx Giga World - Capparis White (Randy) retired
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 02:13 PM   #7
335i4u2nv
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i e9O sL0w

call me Hiro!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 02:55 PM   #8
inabis
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expired View Post
He didn't risk the others lives, they risked their own.
They wanted to go a long with him. (How many posts am I going to have to make about this movie, which hardly anyone has a clue about..)
-Nathan
yea yea I know they volunteered but that's not what I was asking. Would you/could you justify letting 3 of your friends die in order to be with your girl?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 10:59 PM   #9
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep

If you are asking, would I let 3 of my friends die so that the girl I loved could live, nah.
I wouldn't be able to sacrifice someone else for my own wants, especially not my friends.
Same thing goes if 3 my friends are dying, and I could save them by sacrificing the love of my life. I wouldn't do it. I'm not going to choose the fate of someone else.

-Nathan