F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Need Help Creating a online store...
Studio RSR

01-25-2008, 01:25 PM   #1
Dleo
Brigadier General
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5

Arrow Need Help Creating a online store...

Alright, the time has come for me to go on the web, but i need all the smart people out there to help me out and chime in with some advice.

I want to create a online store, but really have no idea where to start.

Just to get basic things out of the way:

Web address: have a great one in mind and available

my HTML knowledge: basic

merchant account: have a credit card machine already, looking into some of the pricing out there for having an online merchant account looks to be to pricey. My idea would be having customers place orders entering in credit card information, I then do 2 things, making sure product is in stock, and then I can charge the credit card with my credit card machine.

inventory: sky's basically the limit, i have a lot of supplier's and different product's to list. I am thinking starting off with 100-200 products and then adding more as time goes on.

My questions:

Where should I have the site hosted?

Where can I get a format for an online store/tutorial to help me along the way?

Where can I get format for a online store/website?

Can anyone help me create a logo?

Would it be possible to add a forum to the site?

All input and comments will be greatly appreciated.
      01-25-2008, 02:16 PM   #2
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Mantis is a dev. He'll prob chime in later.

What type of store is this?

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 04:06 PM   #3
Dleo
Brigadier General
Cyprus
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Mantis is a dev. He'll prob chime in later.

What type of store is this?
Selling high end, and hard to get wine and liquor.
      01-25-2008, 04:52 PM   #4
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
I can help you out fully with this. I mean everything, domain, hosting, ecommerce software, design, logo etc.

It really is smarter to get help, it makes your site better and efficient and helps you in the long run. To get full help i'm willing to offer will cost quite a bit at design firms or webmasters etc.

If interested let me know and I can let you know more details and how much.

www.iphoneblab.com just a quick site to show you. I made that with a friend from the ground up. We get thousands of uniqe visitors a month already and its only a few months old.
      01-25-2008, 04:59 PM   #5
Dleo
Brigadier General
Cyprus
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
I can help you out fully with this. I mean everything, domain, hosting, ecommerce software, design, logo etc.

It really is smarter to get help, it makes your site better and efficient and helps you in the long run. To get full help i'm willing to offer will cost quite a bit at design firms or webmasters etc.

If interested let me know and I can let you know more details and how much.

www.iphoneblab.com just a quick site to show you. I made that with a friend from the ground up. We get thousands of uniqe visitors a month already and its only a few months old.
Sounds good man, PM SENT
      01-25-2008, 05:14 PM   #6
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Dmitri.. I'll send you a pm..

Josh

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 05:37 PM   #7
timn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

My friends and I have had success with yahoo stores. You pay some extra %'s to use their system, but they are really good at getting your site into their search. Check em out.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2008, 12:43 AM   #8
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
There's a whole bunch of options.

I usually recommend you go with GoDaddy.com for a hosting company, they also have a shopping cart module that you can use with a database.

You might need a bit more than HTML if you have a database-driven website where the database contains your products, images, description, prices, sizes, etc.

billspreston owns a company that does that kind of development btw, or i can hook you up with a friend of mine. He's pro and cheap. Make sure you always see their profile, and it shouldnt cost yah more than 1000-1500 for a good nice one.

There are other options, where you buy the software as is with the hosting service. There's a lot of software like that and it'll cost you 500-1000 like storefront (storefront.net).

Best to use google check out or Yahoo check out too, those are good options.

Logo I can get someone to do it for you for cheap and it'll be alright. You can get a super nice one for 400-1500 (i wouldnt do it that expensive)

Yes, you can attach a forum. There's a software you need to buy called vBulletin (what E90Post uses) that you can buy. it will be registered as another site, i believe. I do not have too much info on it.

let me know if u need further help man
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2008, 05:51 AM   #9
m0n0x!de
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2003 E46 M3

A friend of mine does this things! He created this site for me. And i'm very pleased, only if i can populate it!!! Help me out guys and create some profiles!!! PLZZ!! Here's the site: http://www.autofriendship.com