F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Ebay advice.
ARMA SPEED

01-26-2008, 10:04 PM   #1
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Ebay advice.

So I sold my Xbox 360 on ebay, it was in perfect condition. The guy who bought it today claims its not working right and the picture out isnt working I sent him instructions how to rest the xbox so his non HD tv would work and he messages me back thanking me and that fixed the issue. Then he sends another message back stating now the color is being loss then the picture goes out but the sound works..

What would you guys do? He has a 95% feedback I have 100% and he left me feedback saying the usual crap A++ seller.. Anyways his history he has a few things he bought but never paid for ect. I just have a felling this guy bought it and now doesnt want it or something along that line or they broke it in the 3 days they owned it. Cuse right before I sent it out I erased my HD and took my xbox live account off and everything was 100% fine.. I told the guy send the unit back to me and if it works fine on my TV then I will only refund him what he paid - ebay+paypal fees + shipping fees, and if the unit is broken like he states then he will get a full refund.. Does that sound fair? I personally think the guy is a retard and doesnt know how to plug in a few cables and set it up.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2008, 10:06 PM   #2
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i Mineral White

That sounds fair to me.
      01-26-2008, 10:24 PM   #3
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuerstBMW View Post
That sounds fair to me.
The guy doesnt seem to think so I think he is retarded especially with his multiple questions that I have answered by providing help documents from Microsoft which describes his issue which is basically the Xbox 360 is in high definition setting and his TV is a low def model and he needs to change the setting... I told him look I have 100% feedback, I have an amazon sellers account along with selling expensive high powered lasers also and I dont go screwing people for $300.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2008, 10:25 PM   #4
JoeClothing
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

very fair on your part. Don't refund the shipping fees if it works because that is a cost to you that you can't be re-embursed for. I personally wouldn't let him return it because you are right, he could have broken it in that time frame.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2008, 10:28 PM   #5
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep

Apparently it worked half an hour the first day he got it but after that wouldn't work and he waited 3 days to send me a message... I think the tard is having buyers remorse which his feedback history seems to show I knew I should of canceled his bid.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2008, 10:33 PM   #6
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep

Ok he just sent me this which really makes me suspicious now since I never suggested that he was trying to pull a fast one.

Look there's nothing suspicious because your 360 will have your serial number and stuff to confirm it is your system. It wouldn't make any sense for me to lose money on shipping. I dont find anything suspicious on my part
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2008, 10:58 PM   #7
leejoobin
help
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Just tell him he'll have to do some search online to figure out how to work it.
But if he is not satisfy, just tell him to send everything back and you'll refund his money.
But you really shouldn't refund the shipping/payal cost.

(might have helped if warranty/refund/exchange was stated in the auction.)
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2008, 11:56 PM   #8
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep

I google the tards screen name and found a post on an online forum he made which contradicts what he was telling me.. So I told him to dispute it with ebay since he was not being honest. AWWW the power of google.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 12:00 AM   #9
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
If you sent the item and it was in good condition and working then your fine.

If he tries any shit with paypal make sure you followed their guidlines. I just got scammed and now owe 300. But if you sent it to the address for his paypal account and eveyrhting then you are good.

Fuck him he left you feedback already.
      01-27-2008, 12:14 AM   #10
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
If you sent the item and it was in good condition and working then your fine.

If he tries any shit with paypal make sure you followed their guidlines. I just got scammed and now owe 300. But if you sent it to the address for his paypal account and eveyrhting then you are good.

Fuck him he left you feedback already.
He got the item claimed it didnt work, then claimed it worked for 30 mins, then claimed it worked twice for 30 mins, then I found a post online which he later linked me to with his problem that in his own words stated that he played it for 2 + hours the first day then it had some issue between the day he got it and today which he then tells me today. He continued to lie telling me what he wrote in the forum was incorrect and he lied in the forum... I told him at first I would of worked with him but after I found out he was being dishonest he needs to use ebay to resolve the issue. Then he went so far as to say "I bet you are white and know how to do a good job scamming minorities, and what nerve you have just because I didnt grow up in the USA" After that I told them that was uncalled for and I would not be contacting them anymore.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 12:53 AM   #11
JoeClothing
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

screw that ass bag! I am a long time powerseller and you can tell when someone is trying to pull something shady. Let it be and let him dispute it. As long as he doesn't contact Paypal for the dispute you are good to go.
When someone disputes it through Paypal, they immediately retrieve the funds from your acct. and hold them while the issue is resolved. Almost all of the time they side with the buyer.

FYI...there's nothing wrong with screwing minorities. J/K
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 11:44 AM   #12
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep

How long do they have to dispute on paypal? And only an idiot would side in favor of this guy especially since he wrote himself into his own lies via messages on ebay vs what I found he wrote on an internet forum.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 05:28 PM   #13
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ View Post
So I sold my Xbox 360 on ebay, it was in perfect condition. The guy who bought it today claims its not working right and the picture out isnt working I sent him instructions how to rest the xbox so his non HD tv would work and he messages me back thanking me and that fixed the issue. Then he sends another message back stating now the color is being loss then the picture goes out but the sound works..

What would you guys do? He has a 95% feedback I have 100% and he left me feedback saying the usual crap A++ seller.. Anyways his history he has a few things he bought but never paid for ect. I just have a felling this guy bought it and now doesnt want it or something along that line or they broke it in the 3 days they owned it. Cuse right before I sent it out I erased my HD and took my xbox live account off and everything was 100% fine.. I told the guy send the unit back to me and if it works fine on my TV then I will only refund him what he paid - ebay+paypal fees + shipping fees, and if the unit is broken like he states then he will get a full refund.. Does that sound fair? I personally think the guy is a retard and doesnt know how to plug in a few cables and set it up.
If you have 100%, take the hit and don't refund him. It is his fault that he broke the system, and/or doesn't know how to work it.

-Nathan