ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Z4 DIY (Do It Yourself) Articles
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-27-2008, 09:44 PM   #1
GQTony81
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4 Coupe

fog light

I was at a Laker game a few weeks ago and while I was watching the game someone stole my fog light.... it was a really crappy situation cuz they broke half the wheel well along with the clip that connects the bumper to the fender. What sucked was BMW wanted 400 dollars alone for labor charges claiming it was a 4 hour job to take off the bumper lol. Anyways, the ass hole at the dealership gave me totally incorrect part numbers for parts that dont even belong anywhere near the damaged area. Anyways after buying the new parts that I needed I cant find the wiring harness that goes into the fog light. I have the lamp and the bulb but need the part that plugs into the bulb. Assholes didnt even consider unplugging it when they took it... So I really have no idea where to find that part because its not on RealOEM.com or parts.com and so I'd appreciate some help from anyone who knows how I can get that part.... Its an 07 Z4 3.0si if it makes a difference...
Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 03:19 PM   #2
Reach
gone baby gone
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

You need a generic H11 bulb harness, you should be able to order one online somewhere. After that, you'll have to solder it back in yourself if you're intent on doing a total DIY fix. Its very do-able, but I expect you'd have to remove the bumper again to find the cut wires and patch everything up nicely.

Good job on the DIY if thats what you're doing for the fix.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 03:24 PM   #3
S2peed
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 Black Z4MC

Those damn Lakers fans. . .
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 10:57 PM   #4
GQTony81
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4 Coupe

well yeah i plan on doing the work myself. I already took the bumper off the first time when I thought I had the proper replacement parts, and so ive got a fog light in place, and already changed the pain in the ass clip on the fender. ill have to take off the bumper again anyway to make the install of the new wheel well easier and the radiator support on the bottom.
Appreciate 0