F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Get the BMW Performance Wheel for $750 or other items on ebay for 25% off
Studio RSR

08-13-2008, 09:45 PM   #1
timn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Get the BMW Performance Wheel for $750 or other items on ebay for 25% off

have you guys heard about the Microsoft Live & Ebay discount? If not, the summary is that you can get 25% off your ebay purchase if you buy an item that is Buy it Now and pay with paypal. You have to wait 60 days for the 25% to come back to you, but its well worth it for some items that never go on sale. You can do this a maximum of 3 times and $250 max cashback per transaction.

The discount fluctuates daily. It's been 25% for the past couple of days.

So here's what you do:

Go to live.com and search for some product. I searched for "Macbook Pro" and got this:

Click on the "www.ebay.com Live search Cashback" link from the sponsored ads. This will activate 25% off for your next ebay purchase. You know this worked when a header of the ebay page you see a 25% off image. Like this:

Now, search for something you really want.....lik this:

on checkout:

Unfortunately, the performance steering wheel that's left on ebay right now doesn't qualify for the discount. I snagged one from an auction that did a couple days ago, but you get the idea. To maximize the discount, you'll want to spend about $1000 each time.

More info on the deal here: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/838081/

If you get anything good, let us know!

Apple products are a good buy here, too.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2008, 10:00 PM   #2
vachss
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 Coupe

Unfortunately a great many regular Ebay sellers have recognized the Live.com gravy train and raised their Buy it Now prices accordingly. While some deals can still be found it's pretty slim pickins. As far as BMW rims are concerned what I've seen for Buy it Now is the usual combo of crappy replicas for a reasonably low price and ridiculously overpriced OEMs from dealers.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2008, 10:04 PM   #3
timn
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachss View Post
Unfortunately a great many regular Ebay sellers have recognized the Live.com gravy train and raised their Buy it Now prices accordingly. While some deals can still be found it's pretty slim pickins. As far as BMW rims are concerned what I've seen for Buy it Now is the usual combo of crappy replicas for a reasonably low price and ridiculously overpriced OEMs from dealers.
If you lean more towards products that don't normally go on sale, you'll be fine. OEM parts (any manufacturer), Apple products, etc. Most items are cheaper on ebay anyway, so the discount only adds to it, IMO.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2008, 12:13 AM   #4
BMW_TT
Colonel
Rep

did you make the transaction for the steering wheel already?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2008, 07:54 AM   #5
iatacs19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M4

awesome!

I just got the M3 steering wheel for 25% off.