F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Anyone Do/Know Import/Export Cars?
Studio RSR

12-11-2008, 02:51 AM   #1
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Question Anyone Do/Know Import/Export Cars?

anyone do/know import/export cars? when you import a car to a different country and sell it there, do we pay any business taxes or anything? i don't know how to explain it (3.49am) .

the shipping company takes care of all the paperwork to make the car go from the US to a different country and all we have to do is pick it up at the port (so the shipping company does all the hard stuff with paperwork, customs, etc).

now if i go there and sell the car, is that considered a business? do i need a business registration in the US or the other country? can something like this just be done at a home office and fly under taxes? what if you have a family member that can pick up the car in the other country. can you label it as a gift or something have the family member pick it up and complete the sale for you?

i searched and i couldn't find these answers. any help appreciated. thanks.