F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Need help with a trip to NYC!
ARMA SPEED

08-04-2008, 08:25 AM   #1
blue-coupe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1999 Z3 Coupe

Need help with a trip to NYC!

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a little help with a trip to NYC.

A buddy of mine in DC called and said he as an extra ticket for a Yankee game the weekend of Aug 15. This being the last season in Yankee Stadium, I thought it would be fun to go up. Plus, he's a great friend, and being so far away, I never get to see him.

I'm looking for a place to crash for the weekend.

I need to minimize the expense of the trip for two reasons. First, it's just good to minimize expenses, but I normally wouldn't go this far. Second, and far more importantly, my wife is going to Portland OR that weekend, and I asked her to keep the expenses to a minimum. Well, she went above and beyond. She got super-cheap airfare, a free hotel room, and she won't need to rent a car. Obviously I can't spend crazy money on a random trip to NYC if I expect to ever see her naked again.

About me. I'm 33, in non-profit financial management, clean, laid-back, and love to drive fast.

I'm not really expecting this to work, but let me know if you can help! Oh, if anyone has some AA miles they could donate, that would be great!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2008, 10:19 AM   #2
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Try couchsurfing.com
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2008, 10:26 AM   #3
Don-Corleone
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue-coupe View Post
Hi everyone. I'm looking for a little help with a trip to NYC.

A buddy of mine in DC called and said he as an extra ticket for a Yankee game the weekend of Aug 15. This being the last season in Yankee Stadium, I thought it would be fun to go up. Plus, he's a great friend, and being so far away, I never get to see him.

I'm looking for a place to crash for the weekend.

I need to minimize the expense of the trip for two reasons. First, it's just good to minimize expenses, but I normally wouldn't go this far. Second, and far more importantly, my wife is going to Portland OR that weekend, and I asked her to keep the expenses to a minimum. Well, she went above and beyond. She got super-cheap airfare, a free hotel room, and she won't need to rent a car. Obviously I can't spend crazy money on a random trip to NYC if I expect to ever see her naked again.

About me. I'm 33, in non-profit financial management, clean, laid-back, and love to drive fast.

I'm not really expecting this to work, but let me know if you can help! Oh, if anyone has some AA miles they could donate, that would be great!
Local YMCA...or find a nice Yankee's fan to host you.

Otherwise ask your buddy to pay for the hotel :w00t:!

Don-