F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Formula 1 Thread
Studio RSR

08-22-2008, 08:33 AM   #1
jrc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Formula 1 Thread

So, F1 fans. Can BMW's Robert Kubica regain his early season form with a good showing at Valencia? He looks pretty good in first practice and the track should suit him if his second place at similar Monaco this year is anything to go by. I'd also like to see Raikonnen do well to tighten things up at the top a little.
      08-22-2008, 08:48 AM   #2
amurph182
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

new track, no data. Any of the top 3 teams could take it, IMO. BMW has been slipping, but they've already proven that they can hang up at the top and win when the circumstances are right. Absent any problems, Kubica should podium. Kimi could continue to falter, but I think he's pretty tired of not being up front. Hamilton and Massa will probably fight it out like normal, but which one of them will have an easier time adjusting to the new track? I don't know. My money is on Hammie but that's just because I don't like Massa very much.

I'm really anxious to see how the mid-tier teams handle things. Toyota could seriously contend for a win, I think. Glock seriously impressed me in Germany, and Trulli has always had the talent to make the car perform a bit better than it is. If they can hang near the front, a lucky break could put them on the podium or give them a win. Same thing with Alonso and Renault...I don't think that Piquet will do much but Fred will be fired up to be racing at home. The car sucks, but he's gotten a lot out of it. A good break and he could score a 3rd or 4th. I'm hoping that Williams gets their stuff together. The Toyota lump clearly has the power, and I can't believe that the Williams chassis is THAT bad, so I'm hoping that when the new circuit evens things out for these teams that Williams can make some good come of it. DC could get points, too. That would be great. It's sad to see him and Webber doing so poorly.

STR....who knows. We should have a pool on which one of the Sebastians will be out of the race first. Bourdais is obviously talented, but the car is crap. same thing with Force India. Jesus. What a stinker! And I'm not even going to waste time thinking about Honda. That team has been nothing but a career killer even back in the BAR days.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2008, 09:12 AM   #3
jrc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Ferrari and McLaren seem pretty well matched at this track. Major kudos to Vettel and Bourdais--hope their free practice is indicative of race pace (altho unlikely). I agree about Alonso BTW -- should be super motivated and despite all his haters, he's a master at getting the best out of a second wrung car.

On board lap with Kubica.

08-22-2008, 10:45 AM   #4
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Nice vid. Decent flow. Seems to be a single racing line but with perhaps 1 or 2 overtaking possibilities.

Kimi is due and Massa is owed. Go reds!
      08-22-2008, 11:00 AM   #5
VFX
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe

Garage List
Nice Vid. & interesting track. (view it before Bernie removes it from Youtube!)

I didn't notice the swing bridge section on the vid though?

Apparently there's issues with a 15mm height discrepancy between the edge of the bridge & edge of the road. Hope nobody damages their tires on that.

Being a Brit, I hope Button at least gets some points & hope that Lewis finishes above Kimi, Massa & Kubica.

Also, would be nice to see Heidfeld win for a change!

Appreciate 0
      08-22-2008, 11:03 AM   #6
jrc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

^^ For a change? LOL -- it would be nice to see Heidfeld win just once. I seriously wonder if he's got it in him tho.
      08-22-2008, 11:07 AM   #7
VFX
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe

Garage List
I'm sure he's got it in him.

If he solves his qualifying/cold tires issues that boy can be fast!

Problem is that Kubica is probably faster.

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 09:40 AM   #8
jrc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

And so onto Spa. Got to be my favorite track. Any euro 1ers going? Don't think the BMW's will factor in this time. My moneys on Hammy or Kimi (altho can't discount Massa).
      09-05-2008, 03:57 PM   #9
jrc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Where are you BMW F1 fans!?!

Actually, both BMW's ran like crap at Spa free-practice today, and Kubica did not sound/look like a happy camper.

<<sigh, talking to self>>
      09-05-2008, 10:55 PM   #10
1erich
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 135i

If I could go to any race of the season it would be Spa. I love that track. So many great moments, like Montoya passing Schumacher at the bus stop. I still can't figure out how he stuck with him on the outside. Don't forget the pass Hakkinen pulled on Schumi around lapped traffic. The old tracks always feel special but I must admit I'm excited about Singapore this year too! We're in for 3 great races back to back! Better go set my alarm clock for qualifying tomorrow...
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 03:42 PM   #11
jrc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Span -- then Monza -- two of my favs.

Best qualifying session ever at Monza today. BMW's looking pretty good for tomorrow. Promises to be one of the best races of the season. Fantastic performances by the Sebs.
      09-26-2008, 03:50 PM   #12
jrc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

interesting goings on at Singapore -- caption anyone?

09-26-2008, 11:46 PM   #13
Oregon
NRA Life Member, BMW CCA 30 year member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04' M3

Garage List
1971 2002  [0.00]
2004 M3  [0.00]
2008 135i  [0.00]
He's thinking, "In about three nanoseconds this photo will be on the Internet as the subject of some caption contest. Why me...?":biggrin:

“To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them.” – George Mason
Appreciate 0