F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Christmas present for 11 y/o girl?
GetBMWParts

12-13-2008, 09:23 AM   #1
MastaMind
I like beer
Rep
Drives: AW 135

Christmas present for 11 y/o girl?

Alright fellas, my daughter (7 y/o) wanted to sponsor a couple kids for Christmas. We've already taken care of the 2 y/o girl, but we have absolutely no clue what to get the 11 y/o girl.

Anyone have any ideas as to what's good for pre-teens these days? I don't have any experience with children of that age, and I'd feel bad if she was disappointed.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 09:25 AM   #2
Addict...Nah Im A Junkie!
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 135i, 98 M rdstr

Buy her a 135i......sorry, 128i

just kidding.

How bout clothing, it seems all girls love clothing.
      12-13-2008, 09:33 AM   #3
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2006 MINI Cooper S GP  [0.00]
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
2008 E82  [0.00]
      12-13-2008, 10:25 AM   #4
Citizen Z
Alpine Master
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i AW Sport

A cute article of winter clothing might be appropriate for an 11 y/o girl, if she lives somewhere cold. You could also get her a stylish organizer or purse to make her feel grown-up.

Fastness: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252727
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 10:33 AM   #5
torresfe
torresfe
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135I

I do have a 11 y/o daugter. At that age they start to worry
about how they look. Clothing is always a good idea. If not sure what to buy a childrens place gift card will take care of it.

At that age they also start to love music. An I-pod nano is a good choice. If she already have an ipod; a pink I-home radio for her room is a plus.

Hope this help!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 11:11 AM   #6
Cooldaddygroove
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

A Wii
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 11:25 AM   #7
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

i'm sponsoring 2 kids myself, but they are younger. i'm assuming that the kids you are sponsoring come from at-risk or disadvantaged families, so there's really no need to buy them designer clothing or luxury items. it's kind of asinine actually given how many 'basic' things they need.

of course, if your sponsored kid comes from a household above the poverty line then ignore that last comment.

if your budget will allow you to get her an iPod, personal digicam or some other piece of personal electronics, you just might be the best thing that's happened to her this year.

otherwise a complete outfit of clothes, including shoes (the most important part because she can use shoes everyday) would be most useful.

the children i sponsored (7yo and 5 yo girls) got clothes and rollerblades/a bike and they were absolutely ecstatic. best feeling i've had this christmas
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 11:37 AM   #8
MastaMind
I like beer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict...Nah Im A Junkie! View Post
Buy her a 135i......sorry, 128i

just kidding.

How bout clothing, it seems all girls love clothing.
I LOL'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
MINE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Z View Post
A cute article of winter clothing might be appropriate for an 11 y/o girl, if she lives somewhere cold. You could also get her a stylish organizer or purse to make her feel grown-up.
Good call on the purse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by torresfe View Post
I do have a 11 y/o daugter. At that age they start to worry
about how they look. Clothing is always a good idea. If not sure what to buy a childrens place gift card will take care of it.

At that age they also start to love music. An I-pod nano is a good choice. If she already have an ipod; a pink I-home radio for her room is a plus.

Hope this help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
i'm sponsoring 2 kids myself, but they are younger. i'm assuming that the kids you are sponsoring come from at-risk or disadvantaged families, so there's really no need to buy them designer clothing or luxury items. it's kind of asinine actually given how many 'basic' things they need.

of course, if your sponsored kid comes from a household above the poverty line then ignore that last comment.

if your budget will allow you to get her an iPod, personal digicam or some other piece of personal electronics, you just might be the best thing that's happened to her this year.

otherwise a complete outfit of clothes, including shoes (the most important part because she can use shoes everyday) would be most useful.

the children i sponsored (7yo and 5 yo girls) got clothes and rollerblades/a bike and they were absolutely ecstatic. best feeling i've had this christmas
It seems like clothing is also a good choice. I haven't met the girls (we just pulled the tags off a Christmas tree), so I'll try and see if I can obtain her size. I would just get her a gift card to a clothing store, but I'd be concerned that she wouldn't end up with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooldaddygroove View Post
A Wii
She'd have a better Christmas than my daughter! j/k

Thanks for the responses, guys! I'm leaning towards a purse and some winter clothes.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 01:26 PM   #9
Italteen3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i JB

I bought my 11yo sister for Christmas some toesy socks & a bunch of stuff having to do with horses. She LOVES horses and will love what I got her. She is a clothes freak as well. Only thing is she is VERY picky, not brand wise just how it looks. Which is why a gift card is a great idea because she can pick out whatever she likes most. +1 for whoever said the Children's place.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 02:43 PM   #10
atr_hugo
No longer moderate
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Pulled the tags off an Angel Tree? Bear in mind you'll want something useful for the girl and something that her parents/siblings won't want to hock, because a lot of those families are dealing with problems we don't even have a clue about. For that reason don't get a gift card - it generally won't end up in the child's hands.

If you pulled the tag off a Salvation Army Angel Tree it'll go to someone who actually needs it. (I played majordomo for a Salvation Army adopt-a-family distribution for about ten years until the local corps officers changed - and not for the better. ; -)
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 03:50 PM   #11
MastaMind
I like beer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atr_hugo View Post
Pulled the tags off an Angel Tree? Bear in mind you'll want something useful for the girl and something that her parents/siblings won't want to hock, because a lot of those families are dealing with problems we don't even have a clue about. For that reason don't get a gift card - it generally won't end up in the child's hands.

If you pulled the tag off a Salvation Army Angel Tree it'll go to someone who actually needs it. (I played majordomo for a Salvation Army adopt-a-family distribution for about ten years until the local corps officers changed - and not for the better. ; -)
This tree was actually at my daughter's daycare--same concept though.

The gift card sounds great in theory, but as you stated, it's questionable if she would even get it. Sad, really...
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 07:42 PM   #12
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Nintendo DS (great for kids at that age because it's portable...just don't let them take it to school because they'll get in trouble, or another kid will steal it)
Appreciate 0