F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > new car has been in for service for 14 days now...waived lease payment
proTUNING Freaks

08-17-2010, 11:06 PM   #1
T-MC-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 325i

new car has been in for service for 14 days now...waived lease payment

Question...has anyone leasing a car ever had it stay in service for 2+ weeks for non-scheduled maintenance repair? I'm not in lemon law territory yet but I'm a little mad at the SA i got b/c i have to call him up and bug him for info/status. Can I complain to the financial guys and get a months lease payment waived? Normally i wouldn't care but I really think my car goes days at a time sitting in the service bays not getting touched, but still unfixed and not starting...

Any advice? Thanks!

"tell me what you don't like about yourself..."
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2010, 11:15 PM   #2
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

You're driving a loaner, right?

Trust me, the dealership wants to get your car back ASAP. By having you driving their loaner, they are losing out because: A. you're not putting miles on your own car and B. one of their loaners, the one that you have, is out of rotation to the other customers.

2 weeks seem like it may be a tough battle. I remember when the fuel pump issue first started and the part had to be ordered in, on a case by case basis, and it would take months for everything to get resolved. In those cases, members stated that the monthly payments were taken care of. Some even got free accessories thrown on the car.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2010, 11:22 PM   #3
T-MC-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
You're driving a loaner, right?

Trust me, the dealership wants to get your car back ASAP. By having you driving their loaner, they are losing out because: A. you're not putting miles on your own car and B. one of their loaners, the one that you have, is out of rotation to the other customers.

2 weeks seem like it may be a tough battle. I remember when the fuel pump issue first started and the part had to be ordered in, on a case by case basis, and it would take months for everything to get resolved. In those cases, members stated that the monthly payments were taken care of. Some even got free accessories thrown on the car.
thanks for the info, did they go through the dealers or just call BMW NA?

"tell me what you don't like about yourself..."
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2010, 11:33 PM   #4
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
I've had my car serviced more than 2 weeks before.
I never complained cuz I got a better car as a loaner and I had unlimited mileage I could use, plus I needed those back seats for my visiting sister in law when I had Z4

But I ended up bring that up to BMWNA and got the car processed as a lemon.
Of course, I had my car in service many more times...
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2010, 11:50 PM   #5
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-MC-G View Post
thanks for the info, did they go through the dealers or just call BMW NA?
I don't recall all the details as it's been years since. The threads are probably still buried on here somewhere.
Appreciate 0