BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > DIY Guides/ Discussions

10-02-2010, 06:24 PM   #1
BimmerRob08
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray

Install BBk/SS-lines, change fluid, bleed brakes...Help!

Fella's, I'm a bit confused on the process. I guess I have to see it done in order to fully grasp the steps without screwing it up. I'm the hands on kinda learner grease monkey.

Ok, so to bleed I think I got it. Keep the brake reservor topped off and never let it drop below the min line. Push brake in, release caliper valve. Let it squirt, close the valve, then release the brake pedal. Do this for each brake (R/R, L/R, F/R, F/L) in that order until you see the bubbles disapear.

So I'm confused on a few things when it comes to brake fluid change. Since I have to disconnect the lines, replace the OEM calipers with BBK, new SS-lines. Do I keep the cap on the reservor? So the fluid don't run out? How much will bleed out while I'm replacing lines & calipers? Or will it stop?

Durring installation of the calipers & SS-lines, how do I keep air from getting in?

Also, once everything is installed, how do I exactly change the OEM fluid with the racing fluid I will use?

I orderd a brake bleeder kit, but do I fill that with the new fluid, pressurize it and as I bleed the brake lines at each caliper, the new fluid will flow into the system? How do i know when it's replaced all the old fluid?

Thanks all, your inputs are valued!

Cheers,
Appreciate 0