Please visit one of the specific Bimmerpost sites above  

Go Back   BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-21-2007, 07:55 AM   #221
hks786
Major General
 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 5,350
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal335i View Post
Maybe because Israel is the only strong allie that the USA has in the middle east.
Thats true...Israel, Britain and America and strong allies. I cannot say that is a good thing. In my opinion, what is happening in the world is just not fair on a lot of people. I hate the way terrorists target innocent people, but I ask myself, are terrorists any different from Bush or Blair or Israel? Hell NO ! They are terrorists too. Everyone knew the war in Iraq was a war for oil. Innocent people die while UK/USA benefit from oil. I dunno how Bush and Blair sleep at night. I find them to be the worst people on the planet. Why is Iran not allowed nuclear weapons when UK/USA are allowed them ? I mean, there is the non-proliferation treaty which states Iran has rights to develop nuclear power for peaceful purposes. Do we have any evidence that they are using their nuclear power for weapons ? NO ! but we still accuse them anyway. And can someone tell me why Israel is allowed nuclear weapons ? or Pakistan and India ? of course Pakistan only developed weapons because India did, but that is not the point. And look at how cruel Israel is to the Palestinian people, and look at last summer's war with Lebanon - They are animals ! What I'm really trying to say is that this world is not a fair place, people only care about power. Most people blame terrorists and muslims for all the corruption in the world, but ask yourself - are muslims really the terrorists ? most muslims are peaceful people. I acknowledge that some are very extreme but so are people like Bush and Blair...
__________________
hks786 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-21-2007, 05:44 PM   #222
FirstClass
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Posts: 3,199
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
Everyone knew the war in Iraq was a war for oil. Innocent people die while UK/USA benefit from oil.
At least know what you're talking about before spouting such comments. Attached is a graph showing gas prices since the war started, I made it in excel using numbers from the DOT. If the war was for oil wouldn't gas prices be going down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
And look at how cruel Israel is to the Palestinian people, and look at last summer's war with Lebanon - They are animals !
And all the suicide bombings and rocket attacks against Israel are totally legit and not bad at all
Attached Images
 
__________________
328xi Coupe, Montego Blue on Black with Alum, Step, Sport, Premium, CA, PDC, Cold Weather (Damn Pennsylvania winters)
Current Mods: Heavy right foot - Planned Mods: Lightweight right foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
FirstClass is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-21-2007, 07:29 PM   #223
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
At least know what you're talking about before spouting such comments. Attached is a graph showing gas prices since the war started, I made it in excel using numbers from the DOT. If the war was for oil wouldn't gas prices be going down?


And all the suicide bombings and rocket attacks against Israel are totally legit and not bad at all
Since you're such an expert on all this, can you please explain me one thing -- why did our gas prices go up by ~350% since 2000 (I remember then the gas price was ~$1), and in Europe it went up by marely tens of %, in China (the biggest demand growth part of the world) about ~20%, and so on...

Why the largest oil companies in the USA consistantly report the record sales figures (naturally the highest profits) EVER since then??? Do not tell me that the amount of cars and demand in the USA jumped 300% in last 6 years?! Yes, a jump of 10%, 20% in profits/sales is OK in today's world with the economy growing, however, this is unreal...

Someone is profitting huge off all this and it is obvious that the government (including the two crooks in the WH) are doing nothing about it and allowing all this. They don't give a sh*t, $100 or $300 for gas per month is a joke for them, but for someone who's on a min wage trying to get to work or get the kids to a daycare -- this is a disaster...

As for the reasons going to Iraq, in my opinion there are 4 possible reasons:
1) Oil
2) Rule and Presence in the area
3) WMD
4) To liberate people of Iraq

#3 is out of question and I trully believe Bush and his companions knew about this all along...
#4 is absurd because we (Gov't) don't give a shit about them and I am pretty sure that it would never pass the Senate to have our kids killed just to liberate some other country.

So, it is #1 or #2. Actually, those two co-exist. Both are dirty and someone should be responsible and tried for sacrifising 3500 US lives (so far), xxx UK lives, and hundreds of thousands of Iraqi lives to achieve these gains...
dr335is is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-21-2007, 08:28 PM   #224
FirstClass
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Posts: 3,199
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Since you're such an expert on all this, can you please explain me one thing -- why did our gas prices go up by ~350% since 2000 (I remember then the gas price was ~$1), and in Europe it went up by marely tens of %, in China (the biggest demand growth part of the world) about ~20%, and so on...

Why the largest oil companies in the USA consistantly report the record sales figures (naturally the highest profits) EVER since then??? Do not tell me that the amount of cars and demand in the USA jumped 300% in last 6 years?! Yes, a jump of 10%, 20% in profits/sales is OK in today's world with the economy growing, however, this is unreal...

Someone is profitting huge off all this and it is obvious that the government (including the two crooks in the WH) are doing nothing about it and allowing all this. They don't give a sh*t, $100 or $300 for gas per month is a joke for them, but for someone who's on a min wage trying to get to work or get the kids to a daycare -- this is a disaster...
I agree, the oil/gas price increase needs to be addressed, but that doesn't make it the reason we went to war.
__________________
328xi Coupe, Montego Blue on Black with Alum, Step, Sport, Premium, CA, PDC, Cold Weather (Damn Pennsylvania winters)
Current Mods: Heavy right foot - Planned Mods: Lightweight right foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
FirstClass is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2007, 07:14 PM   #225
bmwbenz0101
Private First Class
 
bmwbenz0101's Avatar
 
Drives: 328i coupe
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: South Florida

Posts: 199
iTrader: (0)

After reading through this entire thread I have to raise the question....What happened to the centrist, moderate american, that just wanted to live. I supported Bush for a while, and even voted for him in 2004 despite the fact that I am pro-choice, pro-gun control, pro-stemcell research, pro-gay marraige. I really would vote for a liberal, but unfortunately the democrats in the country have become so radical its unbelievable. If Hilary were to be President and Iran nuked the United States, would you really trust her to guide the nation. I think not. Everyone blames Bush's Administration for the economy and for the global situation, but in reality although he is somewhat at blame, the vast majority of blame goes to the presidents before him. Jimmy Carter had the chance to straighten out Iran after the Hostage Crisis, but did nothing. Clinton had a chance to take Osama from Sudan, but did nothing. Bush had a chance to defeat Sadaam in the 90's but didn't. The United States has long ingored the growing problem of Radical Islam, and unfortunately we are now starting to pay the price. Bush hasn't done a great job, but I give him credit for one thing, preventing another terrorist attack so far in the United States. To me, every single issue comes after that. The economy is dependent upon it guys.

The thing that drives me nuts is how easily everyone forgets. 3,000 completely innocent people with absolutely no attack motive whatsover were killed, and yet it seems that everyone has forgotten. Airport security, what happened to that. Remember when the checked everyones cars. I am not communist or socialist, but I trully believe in the Patriot Act. I think the government should know everything about every person. I think we should have a wall on the border. DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO PREVENT INNOCENT AMERICANS FROM DYING! National pride, what happened to all of those American flags you used to see on everyones cars. What about those Sept 11. films. Where have those gone. With regards to this issue I must give this Adminstration an F. Sept 11 should be a day of memorial of its own. I personally believe that every single year that every single person should be required to watch a documentary on Sept 11 and answer a quiz or test of somesort. We cannot let our nation forget.


This is not a fight we can win, at least not quickly. It is like no other fight the nation has had to face. It is a battle of ideologies with no definable enemy. As much as hate to say it, WW3 is comming soon guys.



People speak about how Israel is at fault for the problems of the world. Give me a break!!! Israel has given the Palestinians far too much in my opinion. Even if I had no military resources, I could never justify walking onto a bus staring at a young innocent 5 y.o and a few seconds later blowing up that little innocent child along with his mother and her little baby in her arms. Come on guys! For someone to rationalize this is crazy, and unfortunately a great deal of democrats and radical islamists do.

After reading this you might think that I'm a crazy republican, but I'm really not. Tax cuts for the rich, they are bogus. Global Warming, WAKE UP Republicans its happening.

SO where do I fit in. Unfortunately nowhere. I'm a rare breed. The ideological person who just wants to lead a normal middle class life. I just want to lead a life where my children don't have to worry about these issues.

So I beg you please, think about whats trully important in our nation at this time and most importantly DONT FORGET!!
bmwbenz0101 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2007, 07:57 PM   #226
scottwww
Brigadier General
 
scottwww's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

Posts: 4,759
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbenz0101 View Post
I really would vote for a liberal, but unfortunately the democrats in the country have become so radical its unbelievable. If Hilary were to be President and Iran nuked the United States, would you really trust her to guide the nation. I think not.
Would you vote for Hillary if you knew she would appoint Billy Boy to be Ambassador to the World? That is what she said she would do. He'd fix everything.
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
scottwww is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2007, 10:13 PM   #227
SoCalS2k
Private First Class
 
SoCalS2k's Avatar
 
Drives: S2K!
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: LA

Posts: 174
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbenz0101 View Post
After reading through this entire thread I have to raise the question....What happened to the centrist, moderate american, that just wanted to live. I supported Bush for a while, and even voted for him in 2004 despite the fact that I am pro-choice, pro-gun control, pro-stemcell research, pro-gay marraige. I really would vote for a liberal, but unfortunately the democrats in the country have become so radical its unbelievable. If Hilary were to be President and Iran nuked the United States, would you really trust her to guide the nation. I think not. Everyone blames Bush's Administration for the economy and for the global situation, but in reality although he is somewhat at blame, the vast majority of blame goes to the presidents before him. Jimmy Carter had the chance to straighten out Iran after the Hostage Crisis, but did nothing. Clinton had a chance to take Osama from Sudan, but did nothing. Bush had a chance to defeat Sadaam in the 90's but didn't. The United States has long ingored the growing problem of Radical Islam, and unfortunately we are now starting to pay the price. Bush hasn't done a great job, but I give him credit for one thing, preventing another terrorist attack so far in the United States. To me, every single issue comes after that. The economy is dependent upon it guys.

The thing that drives me nuts is how easily everyone forgets. 3,000 completely innocent people with absolutely no attack motive whatsover were killed, and yet it seems that everyone has forgotten. Airport security, what happened to that. Remember when the checked everyones cars. I am not communist or socialist, but I trully believe in the Patriot Act. I think the government should know everything about every person. I think we should have a wall on the border. DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO PREVENT INNOCENT AMERICANS FROM DYING! National pride, what happened to all of those American flags you used to see on everyones cars. What about those Sept 11. films. Where have those gone. With regards to this issue I must give this Adminstration an F. Sept 11 should be a day of memorial of its own. I personally believe that every single year that every single person should be required to watch a documentary on Sept 11 and answer a quiz or test of somesort. We cannot let our nation forget.


This is not a fight we can win, at least not quickly. It is like no other fight the nation has had to face. It is a battle of ideologies with no definable enemy. As much as hate to say it, WW3 is comming soon guys.



People speak about how Israel is at fault for the problems of the world. Give me a break!!! Israel has given the Palestinians far too much in my opinion. Even if I had no military resources, I could never justify walking onto a bus staring at a young innocent 5 y.o and a few seconds later blowing up that little innocent child along with his mother and her little baby in her arms. Come on guys! For someone to rationalize this is crazy, and unfortunately a great deal of democrats and radical islamists do.

After reading this you might think that I'm a crazy republican, but I'm really not. Tax cuts for the rich, they are bogus. Global Warming, WAKE UP Republicans its happening.

SO where do I fit in. Unfortunately nowhere. I'm a rare breed. The ideological person who just wants to lead a normal middle class life. I just want to lead a life where my children don't have to worry about these issues.

So I beg you please, think about whats trully important in our nation at this time and most importantly DONT FORGET!!

No offense, but you are completly out of your mind! You know every thing you are FOR is the exact opposite of what kind of government and society the founding fathers created for us. This is EXTREMLY scary that americans (probably most these days) think like this, I think you belong in sparta, stalinistic russia or part of some clone army

There is a reason the founding fathers tried to put a separation between the government and the people, to stem off some of the ugly parts of a populist government, heres the prime example of that.
SoCalS2k is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2007, 11:24 PM   #228
pawarrant
SECDEF
 
pawarrant's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Melbourne Red 328xi Sport
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Posts: 759
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 328xi  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to pawarrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbenz0101 View Post
Everyone blames Bush's Administration for the economy and for the global situation, but in reality although he is somewhat at blame, the vast majority of blame goes to the presidents before him...
The economy? You mean the economy that has almost no unemployment and sets records on Wall Street?
__________________
2013 328xi Melbourne Red Metallic/Black Dakota Leather/Red Highlights Anthracite Wood Trim
Retired:2009 328ixi Sedan Montego Blue Metallic/Saddle Brown Dakota Leather Aluminum Trim
Retired: 2006 325xi Monaco Blue Metallic/Gray Dakota Leather Dark Burl Walnut Wood Trim
Retired: 2003 325xi Steel Grey Metallic/Black Leather Wood Trim


Last edited by pawarrant; 04-22-2007 at 11:48 PM.
pawarrant is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2007, 05:17 AM   #229
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbenz0101 View Post
The thing that drives me nuts is how easily everyone forgets. 3,000 completely innocent people with absolutely no attack motive whatsover were killed, and yet it seems that everyone has forgotten. Airport security, what happened to that. Remember when the checked everyones cars. I am not communist or socialist, but I trully believe in the Patriot Act. I think the government should know everything about every person. I think we should have a wall on the border. DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO PREVENT INNOCENT AMERICANS FROM DYING! National pride, what happened to all of those American flags you used to see on everyones cars. What about those Sept 11. films. Where have those gone. With regards to this issue I must give this Adminstration an F. Sept 11 should be a day of memorial of its own. I personally believe that every single year that every single person should be required to watch a documentary on Sept 11 and answer a quiz or test of somesort. We cannot let our nation forget.
I agree with a lot of things you said here and in the paragraph above. However, what about 1/2 million of innocent Iraqi lives, or other innocent lives called colleteral damage. 9-11 and 3000+ people should never be forgotten, however, more importanly is that that horrible event should have never been used for things that followed after that -- "if you're not with me, you're our enely", "Axis of Evil", and so on...



Quote:
Originally Posted by pawarrant View Post
The economy? You mean the economy that has almost no unemployment and sets records on Wall Street?
Almost no unemployment... That is a relative thing. How many of (great) pre-2001 jobs have been recovered. Replacing a 6-digit job with a min wage one should not count as "employed" really. So, figures are deceiving. What shows the state of economy is how stable it is and I don't think that the world's economy is really stable.
Record numbers are just for the media...
dr335is is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2007, 07:58 AM   #230
ganeil
Colonel
 
ganeil's Avatar
 
Drives: 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Georgia

Posts: 2,050
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
I agree with a lot of things you said here and in the paragraph above. However, what about 1/2 million of innocent Iraqi lives, or other innocent lives called colleteral damage. 9-11 and 3000+ people should never be forgotten, however, more importanly is that that horrible event should have never been used for things that followed after that -- "if you're not with me, you're our enely", "Axis of Evil", and so on...





Almost no unemployment... That is a relative thing. How many of (great) pre-2001 jobs have been recovered. Replacing a 6-digit job with a min wage one should not count as "employed" really. So, figures are deceiving. What shows the state of economy is how stable it is and I don't think that the world's economy is really stable.
Record numbers are just for the media...
Please don't confuse the good doctor with facts. He ignores those that don't conform to his preconceived biases and makes up others as he goes along.

The current economy is by any objective standard, doing very well. There are sectors that could be doing better but that is true of any economy at any point in time.

The idea that we went to war for oil is absurd. If we wanted oil, wouldn't invading Mexico or Venezuela be easier? If we wanted their oil, why did we leave southern Iraq in 1991? Why did we not take Kuwait's oil?

If you want to know why this country went to war against Iraq, read this.
__________________
_____________

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2007, 10:58 AM   #231
pawarrant
SECDEF
 
pawarrant's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Melbourne Red 328xi Sport
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Posts: 759
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 328xi  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to pawarrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Almost no unemployment... That is a relative thing. How many of (great) pre-2001 jobs have been recovered. Replacing a 6-digit job with a min wage one should not count as "employed" really. So, figures are deceiving. What shows the state of economy is how stable it is and I don't think that the world's economy is really stable.
Record numbers are just for the media...

The media? LOL Our media does not report these things now. When your boy Clinton was in charge these figures led the news each night. The media are the people saying what you did verbatim. I think both of you get the Democrat talking points.
__________________
2013 328xi Melbourne Red Metallic/Black Dakota Leather/Red Highlights Anthracite Wood Trim
Retired:2009 328ixi Sedan Montego Blue Metallic/Saddle Brown Dakota Leather Aluminum Trim
Retired: 2006 325xi Monaco Blue Metallic/Gray Dakota Leather Dark Burl Walnut Wood Trim
Retired: 2003 325xi Steel Grey Metallic/Black Leather Wood Trim

pawarrant is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2007, 05:52 PM   #232
bmwbenz0101
Private First Class
 
bmwbenz0101's Avatar
 
Drives: 328i coupe
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: South Florida

Posts: 199
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalS2k View Post
No offense, but you are completly out of your mind! You know every thing you are FOR is the exact opposite of what kind of government and society the founding fathers created for us. This is EXTREMLY scary that americans (probably most these days) think like this, I think you belong in sparta, stalinistic russia or part of some clone army

There is a reason the founding fathers tried to put a separation between the government and the people, to stem off some of the ugly parts of a populist government, heres the prime example of that.
If you think that the democratic system in the United States is a true democracy, then you are fooled. We do the best we can, but it is not a true democracy. I believe that until we can all learn to leave in peace with eachother that we should everything in our capability to protect ourselves. Until the crazy radical islamists can learn to love their children more than they hate israel and the United States, then their will never be peace. I truly wish that our first ammendment rights could exist, but unforunately hate exists. As long as that exists, there will be death of innocent people, and there will be a need for better security.

I really am looking foward to the 2008 election. There are some really great moderates, especially Guiliani. I really hope he wins. Look at what he did for New York, its one of the safest cities in the US, and its economy is better than ever, even after 9-11!!I admire Guiliani for his leadership in 9-11, and I feel that what the US needs right now is a true leader, not some political party puppet such as Bush and Clinton. Obama seems like a great guy too, but he might be a little to radical for my liking.

Also, you are calling me crazy as an American because I won't go into a bus and kill an innocent child. If that makes me crazy then I guess I'm guilty.
bmwbenz0101 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2007, 06:43 PM   #233
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post

If you want to know why this country went to war against Iraq, read this.
Oh, thanks Neil, now I know exactly why we went to Iraq. What a load of crap. I can give you 100000000000 links that show opposite...so don't even try with that media crap...
dr335is is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2007, 07:11 PM   #234
FirstClass
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Posts: 3,199
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbenz0101 View Post
I really am looking foward to the 2008 election. There are some really great moderates, especially Guiliani. I really hope he wins. Look at what he did for New York, its one of the safest cities in the US, and its economy is better than ever, even after 9-11!!I admire Guiliani for his leadership in 9-11, and I feel that what the US needs right now is a true leader, not some political party puppet such as Bush and Clinton. Obama seems like a great guy too, but he might be a little to radical for my liking.
Obama has less than no experience and very little in the way of policy that I've seen. If you want a great candidate look at Newt. He's got it all together and has coherent and excellent ideas. Guiliani won't ever get the nomination due to how socially liberal he is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Oh, thanks Neil, now I know exactly why we went to Iraq. What a load of crap. I can give you 100000000000 links that show opposite...so don't even try with that media crap...
Funny, that link looks like a link to a US Statute passed by a joint session of congress, not some media article. Could be my eyes are going though.
__________________
328xi Coupe, Montego Blue on Black with Alum, Step, Sport, Premium, CA, PDC, Cold Weather (Damn Pennsylvania winters)
Current Mods: Heavy right foot - Planned Mods: Lightweight right foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
FirstClass is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2007, 08:52 PM   #235
ganeil
Colonel
 
ganeil's Avatar
 
Drives: 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Georgia

Posts: 2,050
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Oh, thanks Neil, now I know exactly why we went to Iraq. What a load of crap. I can give you 100000000000 links that show opposite...so don't even try with that media crap...
I think a resolution passed by overwhelming majorities in both Houses and signed by the President is the best indication available on why we went to war. Unless you believe John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, Tom Daschle, Harry Reid, Steny Hoyer, Patrick Kennedy, et al joined with Bush, Cheney, Armey, and Lott in your grand conspiracy.

Get a grip, the reasons are well explained in the resolution.
__________________
_____________

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2007, 09:24 PM   #236
FirstClass
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Posts: 3,199
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
I think a resolution passed by overwhelming majorities in both Houses and signed by the President is the best indication available on why we went to war. Unless you believe John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, Tom Daschle, Harry Reid, Steny Hoyer, Patrick Kennedy, et al joined with Bush, Cheney, Armey, and Lott in your grand conspiracy.

Get a grip, the reasons are well explained in the resolution.
Conveniently enough all of the people you mentioned voted for the use of military force against Iraq. (Kerry, Clinton, Reid, Hoyer, Kennedy)
__________________
328xi Coupe, Montego Blue on Black with Alum, Step, Sport, Premium, CA, PDC, Cold Weather (Damn Pennsylvania winters)
Current Mods: Heavy right foot - Planned Mods: Lightweight right foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
FirstClass is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2007, 10:40 PM   #237
SoCalS2k
Private First Class
 
SoCalS2k's Avatar
 
Drives: S2K!
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: LA

Posts: 174
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbenz0101 View Post
If you think that the democratic system in the United States is a true democracy, then you are fooled. We do the best we can, but it is not a true democracy. I believe that until we can all learn to leave in peace with eachother that we should everything in our capability to protect ourselves. Until the crazy radical islamists can learn to love their children more than they hate israel and the United States, then their will never be peace. I truly wish that our first ammendment rights could exist, but unforunately hate exists. As long as that exists, there will be death of innocent people, and there will be a need for better security.
I think everyone's definition of a democracy is different, but the whole point of my post was that this isn't a populist government which is a good thing and the very intention of the founding fathers. The reason its not is because attitudes of the uneducated mass (yours) are very fickle and in most cases baseless. Have you ever seen a mob do anything reasonable? Today its a fight against islamofacists (coined by whom? lol) Tommorow its a fight against the XYZ people, the mob is easily moved in one direction or another and to have a government that actually listens to a mob would be the end of a nation real fast. In this case its very obvious, somehow you define your very existance based on the defeat of 'islamofacists'. Where is the connection between them? It just doesnt make any sense, but the retarded mob never knows its actions don't make sense. And so the mantra of security continues on. Or maybee you believe 9/11 was the first day of relations between the US and the middle east, and thats why your existence is somehow rooted in security against islam. Lol let the mantra continue for the mob.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbenz0101 View Post
I really am looking foward to the 2008 election. There are some really great moderates, especially Guiliani. I really hope he wins. Look at what he did for New York, its one of the safest cities in the US, and its economy is better than ever, even after 9-11!!I admire Guiliani for his leadership in 9-11, and I feel that what the US needs right now is a true leader, not some political party puppet such as Bush and Clinton. Obama seems like a great guy too, but he might be a little to radical for my liking.
I guess you actualy believe a single leader can actually CONTROL the economy. If that were the case, Clinton and Giuliani should be rulers of the USA forever, since it was under their regin of power that the economy boomed. < EXTREME SARCASM HERE !!! >. In my opinion, the reason NYC did so well post 9/11 is because you have a generally well educated (comapred to most human beings globally), experienced and tough population that are generally well adjusted to coping with problems. I give credit to the city of new york (meaning its people), not to Guiliani for how well NY has done. Its a shame that 9/11 has been so politiczed that somehow Giuliani is the hero of 9/11 that saved the USA that day, ironic that hes also running for political office (and also tried to break the rules of NY constitution to 'extend' his stay as mayor post 9/11). If he wasnt running for office do you think he would as honored as he is now..? We dont hear much about the brave firefighters, policement or average joe from that day now do we?

Sorry, the modern market economy functions independant of the leaders in most cases. Maybee you think the now booming economy in China is a result of the great economic minds in the chinese leadership? lol they are communists forget not. I think you ignore that there were massive improvements in communication and technology and the service sector of the economy which led to the boom, and oh yea, the commercialisation of that silly thing called the internet.

Overall, I really don't think you're very educated and i'm sorry to say probably 50-60% of americans share your opinions in general

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbenz0101 View Post
Also, you are calling me crazy as an American because I won't go into a bus and kill an innocent child. If that makes me crazy then I guess I'm guilty.
I didn't call you crazy because you don't go into busses to kill children, I challenge you to find those words in literal or figurative sense in my post. Your an idiot. I called you crazy because you want to restrict the very rights guaranteed by the little piece of paper that created this great nation. You are truly stupid, re-read my post.

Last edited by SoCalS2k; 04-23-2007 at 11:00 PM.
SoCalS2k is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2007, 03:57 AM   #238
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
Conveniently enough all of the people you mentioned voted for the use of military force against Iraq. (Kerry, Clinton, Reid, Hoyer, Kennedy)
I really don't give shit what and who Kerry and Hilary voted for. What is disturbing and what that resolution is based on is that Bush used the events of the 9-11 for his gains and used his power and people's fears to control them. Do you really think that anyone could have voted against Bush at that time??? Every day we had elevated threat levels (nothing came out of it), every week we had his little speaches that if you're not with me you're traitor, every week we had documentaries about Saddam's WMD and 2 lbs of mustard gas he once used...

Whatever these people signed this resolution...who cares. It is very obvious today that we're NOT in Iraq for the reasons we were told in 2002!
dr335is is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2007, 09:07 AM   #239
hks786
Major General
 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 5,350
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
I really don't give shit what and who Kerry and Hilary voted for. What is disturbing and what that resolution is based on is that Bush used the events of the 9-11 for his gains and used his power and people's fears to control them. Do you really think that anyone could have voted against Bush at that time??? Every day we had elevated threat levels (nothing came out of it), every week we had his little speaches that if you're not with me you're traitor, every week we had documentaries about Saddam's WMD and 2 lbs of mustard gas he once used...

Whatever these people signed this resolution...who cares. It is very obvious today that we're NOT in Iraq for the reasons we were told in 2002!
I totally agree with what you just said there !

I know it will disturb people, and even upset them, but now that you mention 9/11, you people should see some of the stuff on the net about it. There is a lot of hard evidence that cannot be argued with, and it shows that 9/11 was faked. I know a lot of people wont like to hear that, but please check this evidence BEFORE commenting on it being a load of bulls***

Edit: for anyone that might be interested then here's a video...



I know its slightly off-topic, but Iran and Iraq and related in the same way a lot of the stuff happening in the Middle East is connected. It's very obvious that Bush is lying about a lot of things. So far, he lied about 9/11 and he has presence in Afghanistan, then he lied about Saddam's weapons and now there is US presence in Iraq. Hmm, now he's saying a lot of things about Iran...
__________________

Last edited by hks786; 04-24-2007 at 09:28 AM.
hks786 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2007, 09:24 AM   #240
ganeil
Colonel
 
ganeil's Avatar
 
Drives: 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Georgia

Posts: 2,050
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
I really don't give shit what and who Kerry and Hilary voted for. What is disturbing and what that resolution is based on is that Bush used the events of the 9-11 for his gains and used his power and people's fears to control them. Do you really think that anyone could have voted against Bush at that time??? Every day we had elevated threat levels (nothing came out of it), every week we had his little speaches that if you're not with me you're traitor, every week we had documentaries about Saddam's WMD and 2 lbs of mustard gas he once used...

Whatever these people signed this resolution...who cares. It is very obvious today that we're NOT in Iraq for the reasons we were told in 2002!
You do not care because reality is not a great concern for you. The people we elected to make decisions of war and peace soberly and carefully considered the situation and determined that the removal of Saddam's regime from power in Iraq was in our national interest and that military force was necessary to bring that about. For the record, regime change in Iraq was our national policy prior to 9/11 or George W. Bush's presidency.

I also defy you to show me one speech given by the President or any member of the administration where it was stated that if you do not support or position, you are a traitor.

I look at the resolution passed in 2002 and most of the reasons are still valid. We have plenty of valid reasons to remain in Iraq until the elected government is stable and strong enough to support and secure itself. The best being that our enemy has decided that it is the central front in their war on us.
__________________
_____________

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2007, 09:26 AM   #241
ganeil
Colonel
 
ganeil's Avatar
 
Drives: 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Georgia

Posts: 2,050
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
I totally agree with what you just said there !

I know it will disturb people, and even upset them, but now that you mention 9/11, you people should see some of the stuff on the net about it. There is a lot of hard evidence that cannot be argued with, and it shows that 9/11 was faked. I know a lot of people wont like to hear that, but please check this evidence BEFORE commenting on it being a load of bulls***
All you show has been thoroughly debunked. Read here.
__________________
_____________

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2007, 09:51 AM   #242
hks786
Major General
 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 5,350
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
All you show has been thoroughly debunked. Read here.
Not every point has been explained, if you watch the full 90 minutes of the video you will see unanswered questions...
__________________
hks786 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST