Please visit one of the specific Bimmerpost sites above  

Go Back   BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-23-2011, 10:03 PM   #45
driersheets
Banned
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: in your drier

Posts: 181
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
I'm not the one complaining Junior, you are. I'll gladly take Mitt Romney or Newt Gingrich over the imbecile in there right now.


you are complaining about obama and seem offended by what i said. it is true. they all suck even obama
driersheets is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2011, 10:05 PM   #46
alms211
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MD

Posts: 746
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by driersheets View Post
you are complaining about obama...
Please follow along......I'm giving a solution to increase revenues by repealing Obamacare. Go see my post #34 above.
alms211 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2011, 10:08 PM   #47
driersheets
Banned
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: in your drier

Posts: 181
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
Please follow along......I'm giving a solution to increase revenues by repealing Obamacare. Go see my post #34 above.
you need to pick up a economics book sir. cause that won't increase revenues nor increase jobs nor end this slump. turn off fox news.

Last edited by driersheets; 11-23-2011 at 10:13 PM.
driersheets is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2011, 10:13 PM   #48
driersheets
Banned
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: in your drier

Posts: 181
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
Typical liberal response....bitch about something but don't have a solution. I'll ask you again...who do you feel would be the best person to lead this Country?
liberal? did you really just call me a liberal? so anyone who disagrees with you is a liberal...

im not a liberal nor am i conservative.
driersheets is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2011, 10:20 PM   #49
alms211
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MD

Posts: 746
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by driersheets View Post
you need to pick up a economics book sir. cause that won't increase revenues nor increase jobs. turn off fox news.
You are clueless man. Do you own a TV or read a newspaper? BTW -- an Economics book would be a good start for you

http://www.obamacarewatch.org/primer/employer-mandate

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Pro...t-of-ObamaCare
alms211 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2011, 10:24 PM   #50
alms211
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MD

Posts: 746
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by driersheets View Post
liberal? did you really just call me a liberal? so anyone who disagrees with you is a liberal...

im not a liberal nor am i conservative.
Don't know if you are or not......I'm merely saying that your bitching without a solution is straight out of the liberal playbook.

Why can't you tell me who your ideal leader would be? Certainly anyone that is opinionated as you would have an ideal candidate wouldn't they?
alms211 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2011, 10:31 PM   #51
driersheets
Banned
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: in your drier

Posts: 181
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
You are clueless man. Do you own a TV or read a newspaper? BTW -- an Economics book would be a good start for you

http://www.obamacarewatch.org/primer/employer-mandate

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Pro...t-of-ObamaCare
you base your knowledge on media? ahahahahhahahahahah you are the clueless one. thanks for the biased links.
im an econ major hurp durp.

want this for christmas?
http://www.amazon.com/Labor-Economic...2104967&sr=8-1
driersheets is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2011, 10:35 PM   #52
driersheets
Banned
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: in your drier

Posts: 181
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
Don't know if you are or not......I'm merely saying that your bitching without a solution is straight out of the liberal playbook.

Why can't you tell me who your ideal leader would be? Certainly anyone that is opinionated as you would have an ideal candidate wouldn't they?
well you are right. liberals do bitch without solutions.Try dealing with occupy protesters. makes me want to shoot myself I would like someone who knows what the fuck they are doing. Quit playing party politics and do exactly what will fix the economy. Don't let lobbyists have very little effect on laws and policies passed.
driersheets is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2011, 10:35 PM   #53
alms211
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MD

Posts: 746
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by driersheets View Post
you base your knowledge on media? ahahahahhahahahahah you are the clueless one. thanks for the biased links.
im an econ major hurp durp.

want this for christmas?
http://www.amazon.com/Labor-Economic...2104967&sr=8-1
....seriously, a book? are you just out of college? Have you earned your first paycheck yet? Perhaps you are one of the lifetime academia types?

Heritage Foundation is hardly a media source. Wise up.
alms211 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2011, 10:38 PM   #54
driersheets
Banned
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: in your drier

Posts: 181
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
....seriously, a book? are you just out of college? Have you earned your first paycheck yet? Perhaps you are one of the lifetime academia types?

Heritage Foundation is hardly a media source. Wise up.
a book is something to learn from... i gave you a good one
driersheets is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2011, 10:40 PM   #55
alms211
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MD

Posts: 746
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by driersheets View Post
well you are right. liberals do bitch without solutions.Try dealing with occupy protesters. makes me want to shoot myself I would like someone who knows what the fuck they are doing. Quit playing party politics and do exactly what will fix the economy. Don't let lobbyists have very little effect on laws and policies passed.
Finally a cogent response and a pretty good one. I do not disagree with anything you have posted above.

It's a goddamn shame that these clowns (on both sides of the aisle) can't put together a bill without being backfilled with assloads of pork or pet project bullshit attached to it. They can't help themselves. It's like crack.
alms211 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2011, 10:48 PM   #56
driersheets
Banned
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: in your drier

Posts: 181
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
Finally a cogent response and a pretty good one. I do not disagree with anything you have posted above.

It's a goddamn shame that these clowns (on both sides of the aisle) can't put together a bill without being backfilled with assloads of pork or pet project bullshit attached to it. They can't help themselves. It's like crack.
driersheets is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2011, 12:19 AM   #57
cmk227
Major
 
cmk227's Avatar
 
Drives: ED on 2014 M6GC this summer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Irving, TX

Posts: 1,317
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
Typical liberal response....bitch about something but don't have a solution. I'll ask you again...who do you feel would be the best person to lead this Country?

I'm not the one complaining Junior, you are. I'll gladly take Mitt Romney or Newt Gingrich over the imbecile in there right now.
We really need Newt or Cain. Romney is to much of a moderate . We need a strong conservative leader in the White House Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driersheets View Post
you need to pick up a economics book sir. cause that won't increase revenues nor increase jobs nor end this slump. turn off fox news.
As a business owner and CFO of our company, I can tell you that Obamacare has had a very negative impact on my business. The additional cost can't easily be past to the consumer in this economy and the additional regulation, DOT inspection, IFTA Inspection, IRS filing, Usage tax, Weight requirement permits, individual state DOT requirement, fuel receipt, mileage log reports, driver log reports, driver physical card, driver drug test, state gross requirement, Motor Carrier registration, Apportion plates requirements and to make it worst I need to log in every route and mile travel in each state we operate. This does not include any of the new Obama care regulation going into the books next year. All this reports are similar but I have to work with 5 gov't offices. My family has been in the transportation industry for over 30 years and we have now shrunk from 10 trucks to just under 3 this year to ensure that we will have enough funds to cover and keep up with all this requirements since they all carry heavy fines if not completed on a timely manner.

My main job is working as a financial profession for a Wallstreet firm in which I manage over $200MM in client assets. I can tell you that Obama has created more doubt in investor minds than any one else in my 12 years of working. Most of my clients are small business owners and they have cut back just like we have since so many new regulations keep going on the books. If small business owners doesn't invest than we will never establish a firm footing to get out of this mess.

The reason you liberal do not like fox is because it is one of the few media outlet that criticize the president while the rest just sure as propaganda for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driersheets View Post
you base your knowledge on media? ahahahahhahahahahah you are the clueless one. thanks for the biased links.
im an econ major hurp durp.

want this for christmas?
http://www.amazon.com/Labor-Economic...2104967&sr=8-1
Being an econ major does not qualify you to run anything. The Heritage foundation is a very good source of knowledge. When Bush was in office it did criticize policies that they felt would hurt America not help. Bush is a hero compared to what Obama has done to this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
....seriously, a book? are you just out of college? Have you earned your first paycheck yet? Perhaps you are one of the lifetime academia types?

Heritage Foundation is hardly a media source. Wise up.
__________________

08 BMW X5 3.0si Space Grey
14 Lexus GX460
Previous M's: 11 BMW M3 JZB ZCP 6MT, 02 BMW M3 Conv 6MT & 02 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT
cmk227 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2011, 06:54 AM   #58
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
 
xbook's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

Posts: 1,536
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
Repeal Obamacare and watch unemployment start dropping immediately. Every single Republican (save for lame brains like Susan Collins, Olympia Snowe et al) wants it repealed. Guess what? More workers in the workplace = higher taxes collected i.e. raised revenues. Pretty simple concept really.
The Congressional Budget Office disagrees with your analysis of the Affordable Care Act. As far as their assessment, if the Act is repealed like the GOP currently wants, it will not only give us fewer people in this country with access to health insurance, it will also add $230 Billion to the deficit.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/120xx/doc...ACA_Repeal.pdf
__________________
xbook is offline   Zimbabwe
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2011, 12:01 PM   #59
Echo M3
Major
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NY

Posts: 1,431
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk227 View Post

As a business owner and CFO of our company, I can tell you that Obamacare has had a very negative impact on my business. The additional cost can't easily be past to the consumer in this economy and the additional regulation, DOT inspection, IFTA Inspection, IRS filing, Usage tax, Weight requirement permits, individual state DOT requirement, fuel receipt, mileage log reports, driver log reports, driver physical card, driver drug test, state gross requirement, Motor Carrier registration, Apportion plates requirements and to make it worst I need to log in every route and mile travel in each state we operate. This does not include any of the new Obama care regulation going into the books next year. All this reports are similar but I have to work with 5 gov't offices. My family has been in the transportation industry for over 30 years and we have now shrunk from 10 trucks to just under 3 this year to ensure that we will have enough funds to cover and keep up with all this requirements since they all carry heavy fines if not completed on a timely manner.

My main job is working as a financial profession for a Wallstreet firm in which I manage over $200MM in client assets. I can tell you that Obama has created more doubt in investor minds than any one else in my 12 years of working. Most of my clients are small business owners and they have cut back just like we have since so many new regulations keep going on the books. If small business owners doesn't invest than we will never establish a firm footing to get out of this mess.

The reason you liberal do not like fox is because it is one of the few media outlet that criticize the president while the rest just sure as propaganda for him.



Being an econ major does not qualify you to run anything. The Heritage foundation is a very good source of knowledge. When Bush was in office it did criticize policies that they felt would hurt America not help. Bush is a hero compared to what Obama has done to this country.



Most of these economic costs related to the new healthcare legislation have not yet been realized. The economic effects WILL be large - but the lion's share of them have yet to appear.

That being said, there are some positive aspects to the bill. Excluding people from insurance coverage due to preceding illnesses, eliminating the practice of dropping people from coverage, and introducing a mandate (which will bring down the cost of the average insurance premium), are all positive steps.
Echo M3 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2011, 12:05 PM   #60
Echo M3
Major
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NY

Posts: 1,431
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
The Congressional Budget Office disagrees with your analysis of the Affordable Care Act. As far as their assessment, if the Act is repealed like the GOP currently wants, it will not only give us fewer people in this country with access to health insurance, it will also add $230 Billion to the deficit.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/120xx/doc...ACA_Repeal.pdf
Well, you need to see where that reduction in the deficit is coming from. Notice the increase in payroll taxes and other fees, which is not an intelligent move during a period of incredibly slow economic growth.
Echo M3 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2011, 12:46 PM   #61
txz4
Major
 
txz4's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 M coupe
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: san antonio, texas

Posts: 1,098
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
The Congressional Budget Office disagrees with your analysis of the Affordable Care Act. As far as their assessment, if the Act is repealed like the GOP currently wants, it will not only give us fewer people in this country with access to health insurance, it will also add $230 Billion to the deficit.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/120xx/doc...ACA_Repeal.pdf
bottom line is this. I have said once before earlier in this thread, This bill will put many firms out of business, especially small businesses this isnt speculation, its a fact coming from someone on the board of a small corporation. my company isnt the only one that will have to either go out of business, or split to get under the number of employees that fall under obamacare.

if we have to let employees go, split, or dissolve entirely that will be less jobs, i assure you we arent the only ones. do the math, less tax base=less tax paid, more welfare collected.

Simple, logical concept, and even better a FACT, not speculation.
txz4 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2011, 12:58 PM   #62
cmk227
Major
 
cmk227's Avatar
 
Drives: ED on 2014 M6GC this summer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Irving, TX

Posts: 1,317
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
Most of these economic costs related to the new healthcare legislation have not yet been realized. The economic effects WILL be large - but the lion's share of them have yet to appear.

That being said, there are some positive aspects to the bill. Excluding people from insurance coverage due to preceding illnesses, eliminating the practice of dropping people from coverage, and introducing a mandate (which will bring down the cost of the average insurance premium), are all positive steps.
Pman10, I think you make a great point. The problem is that although I in theory support and agree with you that excluding people from insurance coverage due to preceding illnesses is bad most people buy or pay for health insurance when they think or know that they have a major illness in the near term future. In that case the insurance company will not be able to absorb the cost since normally they would have a collected sample of health individual and they can predict what percentage will become ill. This law allow ill patients from immediately seeking coverage when they need it and not before which is forcing premium to go up and to adjust for the unexpected.

The other problem is that the mandate to lower cost will caused most private insurance to drop more people or exit the business which in turn will give more people to the gov't health care system and establish socialist medicine.

Most doctors don't want to take medicare/medicaid patients and the quality and access to healthcare will drop.

Here in Texas we have been working with several doctors that will accept only 100 VIP patients that will pay him approx. $5,000 or $500K per year and he will be on call 24 hours a day year round since this will be much better than Obama health care law. The price is not bad when my own insurance premium for my family are around $1,400 per month which total over $16,800 per year.

Why do you think that in socialist countries like Canada, Italy and Britain as an example my clients with financial means travel and pay to come and do their operation in the US since the quality and most important access of care in those countries has come done significantly.

My good client has had heart problems and he is an British citizen he went ask to see his doctor they determine that he needed an urgent operation and one month went by and nothing. So he spend over hundred thousand flew to the US and was seen and operated in less than a week.

Could you imagine if people did not have the financial means he would most likely die before being treated. The said part of the story is that it been almost 5 months from the operation and he just received notice that his request had been approved and to schedule the date for his operation.

I would be curious to know how many people from those countries apply for benefit and how many actually receive it. I bet that in cases of cancer and surgery most cancer patients did not receive the treatment in a timely manner which drastically reduce their chances to survive.
__________________

08 BMW X5 3.0si Space Grey
14 Lexus GX460
Previous M's: 11 BMW M3 JZB ZCP 6MT, 02 BMW M3 Conv 6MT & 02 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT
cmk227 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2011, 01:03 PM   #63
txz4
Major
 
txz4's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 M coupe
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: san antonio, texas

Posts: 1,098
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk227 View Post
Pman10, I think you make a great point. The problem is that although I in theory support and agree with you that excluding people from insurance coverage due to preceding illnesses is bad most people buy or pay for health insurance when they think or know that they have a major illness in the near term future. In that case the insurance company will not be able to absorb the cost since normally they would have a collected sample of health individual and they can predict what percentage will become ill. This law allow ill patients from immediately seeking coverage when they need it and not before which is forcing premium to go up and to adjust for the unexpected.

The other problem is that the mandate to lower cost will caused most private insurance to drop more people or exit the business which in turn will give more people to the gov't health care system and establish socialist medicine.

Most doctors don't want to take medicare/medicaid patients and the quality and access to healthcare will drop.

Here in Texas we have been working with several doctors that will accept only 100 VIP patients that will pay him approx. $5,000 or $500K per year and he will be on call 24 hours a day year round since this will be much better than Obama health care law. The price is not bad when my own insurance premium for my family are around $1,400 per month which total over $16,800 per year.

Why do you think that in socialist countries like Canada, Italy and Britain as an example my clients with financial means travel and pay to come and do their operation in the US since the quality and most important access of care in those countries has come done significantly.

My good client has had heart problems and he is an British citizen he went ask to see his doctor they determine that he needed an urgent operation and one month went by and nothing. So he spend over hundred thousand flew to the US and was seen and operated in less than a week.

Could you imagine if people did not have the financial means he would most likely die before being treated. The said part of the story is that it been almost 5 months from the operation and he just received notice that his request had been approved and to schedule the date for his operation.

I would be curious to know how many people from those countries apply for benefit and how many actually receive it. I bet that in cases of cancer and surgery most cancer patients did not receive the treatment in a timely manner which drastically reduce their chances to survive.
i know many families in Canada with young children and have heard very similar stories, when urgent enough they all came to the U.S. minus those that couldn't afford it.

i think that the all cash VIP idea will be the wave of the future for those with enough means and connections.
txz4 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2011, 04:46 PM   #64
driersheets
Banned
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: in your drier

Posts: 181
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk227 View Post
We really need Newt or Cain. Romney is to much of a moderate . We need a strong conservative leader in the White House Period.



As a business owner and CFO of our company, I can tell you that Obamacare has had a very negative impact on my business. The additional cost can't easily be past to the consumer in this economy and the additional regulation, DOT inspection, IFTA Inspection, IRS filing, Usage tax, Weight requirement permits, individual state DOT requirement, fuel receipt, mileage log reports, driver log reports, driver physical card, driver drug test, state gross requirement, Motor Carrier registration, Apportion plates requirements and to make it worst I need to log in every route and mile travel in each state we operate. This does not include any of the new Obama care regulation going into the books next year. All this reports are similar but I have to work with 5 gov't offices. My family has been in the transportation industry for over 30 years and we have now shrunk from 10 trucks to just under 3 this year to ensure that we will have enough funds to cover and keep up with all this requirements since they all carry heavy fines if not completed on a timely manner.

My main job is working as a financial profession for a Wallstreet firm in which I manage over $200MM in client assets. I can tell you that Obama has created more doubt in investor minds than any one else in my 12 years of working. Most of my clients are small business owners and they have cut back just like we have since so many new regulations keep going on the books. If small business owners doesn't invest than we will never establish a firm footing to get out of this mess.

The reason you liberal do not like fox is because it is one of the few media outlet that criticize the president while the rest just sure as propaganda for him.



Being an econ major does not qualify you to run anything. The Heritage foundation is a very good source of knowledge. When Bush was in office it did criticize policies that they felt would hurt America not help. Bush is a hero compared to what Obama has done to this country.



typical texan conservative i said im not a ilberal.

ill leave it at that. happy thanksgiving!
driersheets is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2011, 09:27 PM   #65
E90SoFlo
Banned
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

Posts: 2,675
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by driersheets View Post
typical texan conservative i said im not a ilberal.

ill leave it at that. happy thanksgiving!
I think texas has a lot going for them.
E90SoFlo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2011, 11:03 AM   #66
cmk227
Major
 
cmk227's Avatar
 
Drives: ED on 2014 M6GC this summer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Irving, TX

Posts: 1,317
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
I think texas has a lot going for them.

__________________

08 BMW X5 3.0si Space Grey
14 Lexus GX460
Previous M's: 11 BMW M3 JZB ZCP 6MT, 02 BMW M3 Conv 6MT & 02 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT
cmk227 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST