Please visit one of the specific Bimmerpost sites above  

Go Back   BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

10-15-2014, 09:59 PM   #1
yearningirish

Drives: audi

Personality Tests

Is the Myers Briggs test a valid basis of whether or not to hire an applicant for a job? My best friend wants to apply for a job but one of its requirements is the taking of the said test. Are personality tests even accurate? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 10:11 PM   #2
BMW F22
Major General
United_States

Drives: ///M235i

I would say it's pretty close. Those tests aren't about whether one personality is good or bad. It's more about being aware of how you are so you can adapt or change if necessary. Emotional intelligence is about being aware of yourself as well as others.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 10:28 PM   #3
David 12
Captain

Drives: 2014 M5 BSM

Businesses are looking for more than technical expertise but also want to know if an applicant will be a good fit in the culture of the company or a fit with a team of potential coworkers. I believe it should not be used as a pass or fail test but just one component when selecting a new employee.

Yes, the company can legally require the test. As the other poster said, the company can also use the test for development purposes post-hire for success factors/competencies such as emotional intelligence, etc.

I use the DISC profile, which is a behavioral tendency assessment that is easy to interpret.

Gallup is an example of a company that requires the completion of an online assessment for every applicant.

Dave
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 11:20 AM   #4
yearningirish

Drives: audi

She takes it tomorrow and last night we went through some websites and found the one she thinks was on the company's site CPP they actually pay for the test and can get like detailed explanations of each type. If it were free for the company I could understand it better but these companies actually spend money on this stuff...I'd be trying to get the most out of it if it were me so that's probably why they make every single applicant take it.
Appreciate 0