Please visit one of the specific Bimmerpost sites above  

Go Back   BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

01-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
Gamoto
Private First Class

Drives: 08 E93 M3 6MT/13 335ix/ 13 X3/

US Airforce Contract

"Any president whose actions so consistently refute his own words must have deep contempt for the intelligence of the American public."

The obama administration told U.S. owned Hawker Beechcraft earlier this week they are being excluded from bidding on the US Air Force contract for a light attack aircraft. That leaves Brazilian owned Embraer as the likely recipient of the lucrative deal. I found this one hard to believe so I did a little research. It was tough because this was completely ignored by the main stream media. The information is out there on several conservative sites. Please see the two articles linked below.

This is a double slap in the face of the United States . At a time when jobs, the economy, and security are the most critical priorities for our country, the Obama administration decides to send a defense contract to a foreign owned company.

This has to be the stupidest thing this administration has done to date. This is not just a dumb decision, it is a perfect example of why this president is such a poor leader. He talks about wanting jobs. He says we need to force companies to repatriate billions of dollars that Americans keep overseas. He wants to raise taxes so he can spend billions on stimulus that does nothing to stimulate anything.

And when itís time to act, he sends our tax dollars overseas at the expense of American jobs and income for an American company. This is nothing more than a Chicago-style political pay back; but this time it is at the expense of our national security.

How much more damage will obama be allowed to do in the next 14 months? One of the lead stories in the media this week blasted congress for insider trading. If this contract goes to Embraer it will be a huge pay off to another George Soros company.

When will the 4th estate do itís constitutionally protected job and expose the real obama to the American people?

Article from REDSTATE Posted by Ben Howe Monday, November 21st at 6:00AM EST:

Obama Administration Sends Weapons Contract to Foreign Company with Ties to Iran

Article from WORLDPRESS By Gary P Jackson| NOVEMBER 22, 2011 ∑ 4:17 PM

Hawker-Beechcraft Denied Big Air Force Contract in Favor of Brazilian Company With Soros Connections

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...exclusion.html

Article from A Time For Choosing ∑ Just another WordPress.com

http://www.kansas.com/2011/11/23/211...review-of.html

We can no longer depend on the media to pass on any news that might be construed as negative towards the democrats.

Please pass these articles to your friends to insure they get the information lacking from so much of todayís liberal press.

How much more damage will obama be allowed to do in the next 14 months? One of the lead stories in the media this week blasted congress for insider trading. If this contract goes to Embraer it will be a huge pay off to another George Soros company.

When will the 4th estate do itís constitutionally protected job and expose the real obama to the American people?

Article from REDSTATE Posted by Ben Howe Monday, November 21st at 6:00AM EST:

Obama Administration Sends Weapons Contract to Foreign Company with Ties to Iran

Article from WORLDPRESS By Gary P Jackson| NOVEMBER 22, 2011 ∑ 4:17 PM

Hawker-Beechcraft Denied Big Air Force Contract in Favor of Brazilian Company With Soros Connections

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...exclusion.html

Article from A Time For Choosing ∑ Just another WordPress.com

http://www.kansas.com/2011/11/23/211...review-of.html

We can no longer depend on the media to pass on any news that might be construed as negative towards the democrats.

Please pass these articles to your friends to insure they get the information lacking from so much of todayís liberal press.
      01-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

Knowing a bit about government solicitations and contracting I can guess what happened. They were non-compliant which means they didn't address the government RFP which probably asked for certain capabilities, etc. When you are non-compliant it means you never got to the competition, therefore you were never considered, therefore no debriefing is warranted. The government has the right to get what it's after, what it actually wants and asked for. It's a tough world out there but I'd bet a beer they screwed up on their proposal and now are trying to pull in the politicos to rig the result. And BTW, they absolutely didn't spend $100M on this bid, maybe a couple hundred thousand at the outside in B&P money.
OldArmy is offline   United_States
      01-09-2012, 10:08 AM   #3
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Gamoto, how stupid do you think we are? After all, we're capable of financing BMWs, so it's a pretty good bet we can also use google.

You reprinted the propaganda piece word-for-word; next time, try to actually post your own words in this forum - it makes for better conversation. Oh, and you may want to mention the parts of the article which have already been determined to be bullshit:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/hawker.asp

Lastly, like OldArmy, I also know something about this process, and in-fact the US Air Force is not directly controlled by the Obama Administration.

But nevermind all that, just keep on reading that right-wing bullshit!
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
      02-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
cmk227
Major

Drives: ED on 2014 M6GC this summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar
Gamoto, how stupid do you think we are? After all, we're capable of financing BMWs, so it's a pretty good bet we can also use google.

You reprinted the propaganda piece word-for-word; next time, try to actually post your own words in this forum - it makes for better conversation. Oh, and you may want to mention the parts of the article which have already been determined to be bullshit:

Lastly, like OldArmy, I also know something about this process, and in-fact the US Air Force is not directly controlled by the Obama Administration.

You such a liberal. If you believe Obama is for troops you are sadly mistaken.

As a former US soldier I can tell you that our wonderful president has just announce changes to combat pay so instead of making an extra $269 in combat pay a month it will now be prorated by another gov't bureaucrat. This same president that claims to care about troops but my god he is pushing for more union pay and benefits for gov't employees but screw the military.

08 BMW X5 3.0si Space Grey
14 Lexus GX460
Previous M's: 11 BMW M3 JZB ZCP 6MT, 02 BMW M3 Conv 6MT & 02 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT
cmk227 is offline   United_States
      02-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #5
CamelBiscuit
Banned

Drives: 11 E92 335i

Garage List
2011 E92 335i  [5.00]
Nothing will ever replace the A-10!
CamelBiscuit is offline   United_States
      02-09-2012, 02:14 PM   #6
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk227 View Post
You such a liberal. If you believe Obama is for troops you are sadly mistaken.
We know, you hate Obama, got it...

Let's see: Bush & Cheney - started two wars, one of which had no purpose, with no plans or exit strategies. They were perfectly happy to let thousands of troops die, tens of thousands get maimed, all while running out the clock on their administration, with no sign of ever intending to end the wars. And all that time, places like Walter Reed were in despicable condition. Boy, that's really supporting the troops! And they never got Bin Laden, just gave up.

On to Obama - Is bringing all the troops home from Iraq, and has a plan to conclude Afghanistan. And he got Bin Laden.

One of these Presidents wants US troops to live, while the other caused thousands to die. Oh and by the way, one of them was so incompetent, he allowed 3,000 US civilians to be killed in the worst terrorist attack on US soil. Can you figure out which is which?
      02-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #7
bolinp78
G35 convertee

Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
One of these Presidents wants US troops to live, while the other caused thousands to die. Oh and by the way, one of them was so incompetent, he allowed 3,000 US civilians to be killed in the worst terrorist attack on US soil. Can you figure out which is which?
Are you so warped that you actually believe what you are typing? What a disgrace..
      02-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #8
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
Are you so warped that you actually believe what you are typing? What a disgrace..
Good point...... Oh wait, you don't have one; you just like making aimless insults.

So which one of my factual statements are you going to try to discredit with your right-wing logic, champ?
      02-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #9
bolinp78
G35 convertee

Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
Good point...... Oh wait, you don't have one; you just like making aimless insults.

So which one of my factual statements are you going to try to discredit with your right-wing logic, champ?
The fact that you actually had the audacity to proclaim that any one person was responsible for "allowing" what happened on 9/11. Not that I really care what you think, and vice versa, we'll never meet or know each other. But even coming from a robot, that is an insulting and completely ignorant statement.
      02-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #10
ghosthi32
Banned

Drives: Water camel

Quote:
this has to be the most ignorant thing i have ever heard. just stop posting in this section. You have forever lost the little creditability you had left...

no im not a ring wing nut. (i know you are gonna call me since you call everyone that if they disagree with you).
      02-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #11
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
this has to be the most ignorant thing i have ever heard. just stop posting in this section. You have forever lost the little creditability you had left...

no im not a ring wing nut. (i know you are gonna call me since you call everyone that if they disagree with you).
Gotta admit I'm pretty shocked too... Quite a statement to hold Bush personally responsible for 9/11 only eight months into his first term.
      02-13-2012, 01:14 PM   #12
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Well, there's this:
The August 6, 2001 PDB Entitled "bin Ladin Determined to Strike in US". Bush's oversight was unintentional, but reflective of his incompetence.

Then there's the fact that Bush/Cheney had no intent to ever end the wars. But you don't want to hear from me, so bye bye.
      02-13-2012, 01:51 PM   #13
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Well, there's this:
The August 6, 2001 PDB Entitled "bin Ladin Determined to Strike in US". Bush's oversight was unintentional, but reflective of his incompetence.

Then there's the fact that Bush/Cheney had no intent to ever end the wars. But you don't want to hear from me, so bye bye.
      02-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #14
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer

Drives: 2011 Cashmere Silver 528i

Clinton

Quote:

Incompetent........? Incompetent was Bill Clinton for letting Bin Laden live when he had a chance to kill him years before Bush was in office. So I would say to you that the responsibility for the Twin Towers should be laid at Clinton's door and not his successor. BTW: A raid of that magnitude took more than 8 months to create

1957 - Chevrolet Bel Air 2dr Coupe' Drag Car (2nd Owner since 1964)
1947 - Chevrolet Sport Master Coupe' Street Rod (2nd Owner since 1974)

Last edited by mspeasl; 02-13-2012 at 05:42 PM.
mspeasl is offline   United_States
      02-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #15
ghosthi32
Banned

In hindsight...
      02-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #16
CamelBiscuit
Banned

Garage List
2011 E92 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
In hindsight...
I thought this post was about an airplane?
      02-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #17
ghosthi32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveQuick View Post
I thought this post was about an airplane?
Me too...
      02-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #18
CamelBiscuit
Banned

Garage List
2011 E92 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Me too...
So I guess they are not going to build the F-35's backup engine in Ma. after all. Since it is supposed to take over the role of the next CAS aircraft. How was my transition back to airplanes?
      02-14-2012, 03:20 AM   #19
cmk227
Major

Drives: ED on 2014 M6GC this summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeasl View Post
Incompetent........? Incompetent was Bill Clinton for letting Bin Laden live when he had a chance to kill him years before Bush was in office. So I would say to you that the responsibility for the Twin Towers should be laid at Clinton's door and not his successor. BTW: A raid of that magnitude took more than 8 months to create

Well Said.

08 BMW X5 3.0si Space Grey
14 Lexus GX460
Previous M's: 11 BMW M3 JZB ZCP 6MT, 02 BMW M3 Conv 6MT & 02 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT
cmk227 is offline   United_States
      02-14-2012, 03:52 AM   #20
stimpy
Colonel

Drives: E92 335i

Quote:

Good post.

Quote:
We know, you hate Obama, got it...

Let's see: Bush & Cheney - started two wars, one of which had no purpose, with no plans or exit strategies. They were perfectly happy to let thousands of troops die, tens of thousands get maimed, all while running out the clock on their administration, with no sign of ever intending to end the wars. And all that time, places like Walter Reed were in despicable condition. Boy, that's really supporting the troops! And they never got Bin Laden, just gave up.

On to Obama - Is bringing all the troops home from Iraq, and has a plan to conclude Afghanistan. And he got Bin Laden.

lolz retard post.