Please visit one of the specific Bimmerpost sites above  

Go Back   BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

09-25-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
The Romney "Stench"

Not my words. Those are the words of Craig Robinson, a former political director of the Republican Party of Iowa. Apparently Paul Ryan is realizing he made a bad mistake by hitching his wagon to "The Stench".

POLITICAL COLUMN / POLITICO
Paul Ryan vs. The Stench

By ROGER SIMON | 9/25/12 4:38 AM EDT

Paul Ryan has gone rogue. He is unleashed, unchained, off the hook.

I hate to say this, but if Ryan wants to run for national office again, hell probably have to wash the stench of Romney off of him, Craig Robinson, a former political director of the Republican Party of Iowa, told The New York Times on Sunday.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz27XV6nctU

More evidence the wheels are coming off the Romney Ryan wagon...
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
      09-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
48Laws
Captain

Drives: '11 M3

This is great.

From article:

"Who boos a guy in front of his 78-year-old mother? Other 78-year-old mothers."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz27Xa8AE91
      09-27-2012, 07:47 AM   #3
cssnms
Brigadier General

Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

A liberal publication that focuses on a speech in front of a liberal organization -- AARP. And that is your measure? Good one guys!
cssnms is offline   United_States
      09-27-2012, 07:59 AM   #4
F1-fanatic
Banned

Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
a liberal organization -- AARP.
Shouldn't there be some sort of IQ test required to post in this forum? Yeah, those retirees are a mighty progressive bunch!
F1-fanatic is offline   United_States
      09-27-2012, 08:01 AM   #5
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

"a former political director of the Republican Party of Iowa,...."

Now there's a source that means a lot! Here's one that's equally valid:

"..a former military senior officer thinks nobama is incompetent when it comes to defense matters".

This quote would be from, well....me! Why hasn't the news come to write my story?
OldArmy is offline   United_States
      09-27-2012, 09:09 AM   #6
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 335d

Oh snap:

Quote:
Here's the latest example of lazy journalism leading to blatant inaccuracies and falsehoods in the blogosphere, compliments of our friends at Gawker

Here's how Jefferson came to his conclusion that Ryan calls Romney "the stench": someone at Buzzfeed read the New York Times this weekend and noticed an article that quoted Craig Robinson, the former political director for the Republican Party of Iowa, as saying, "I hate to say this, but if Ryan wants to run for national office again, he'll probably have to wash the stench of Romney off of him."

Now, according to Gawker, "Rather than decry Robinson's comments or reaffirm his commitment to the Romney ticket since the Times story broke, Ryan has been running with it."

Jefferson based this claim on a Politico blog post by Roger Simon, in which he writes the following: "Though Ryan had already decided to distance himself from the floundering Romney campaign, he now feels totally uninhibited. Reportedly, he has been marching around his campaign bus, saying things like, 'If Stench calls, take a message' and 'Tell Stench I'm having finger sandwiches with Peggy Noonan and will text him later.'"

There's a reason Simon's claim comes across as absurd and satirical, and that's because it is -- in a clarification to Buzzfeed (not Gawker, which indicates that Jefferson didn't even bother to get the clarification first-hand) Simon writes that "Some people always don't get something, but I figured describing PowerPoint as having been invented to euthanize cattle would make the satire clear. I guess people hate PowerPoint more than I thought."

Just to break this down, this misinformation is the result of a Gawker writer reading Buzzfeed, where a writer read Politico, where a writer read the New York Times.
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...ryan_calls.php

That's the Roger Simon referenced in the OP.

Oh snap.