Please visit one of the specific Bimmerpost sites above  

Go Back   BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

10-12-2012, 12:25 AM   #1
Day Laborer
SK1(SW)

Drives: 2008 E92 6MT M3 Alpine White

Why isn't the media criticizing Obama for taking credit for all these?

I'm new to politics and may be misinformed, so constructive criticism is welcome.

Saving General Motors- Bush initiated the bail out for GM; Obama reinforced it by throwing more money to GM.

Wiki:"December 19, 2008: President Bush approved a bailout plan and gave General Motors and Chrysler $13.4 billion in financing from TARP (Troubled Assets Relief Program) funds, as well as $4 billion to be "withdrawn later."

Taking credit for Killing Bin Laden-
Wikipedia: "After the death of bin Laden, some officials from the Bush administration, such as Bush Office of Legal Counsel attorney John Yoo and former attorney general under Bush Michael Mukasey, wrote op-eds claiming that enhanced interrogation techniques they authorized yielded the intelligence that later led to locating bin Laden's hideout. Mukasey specifically stated that the waterboarding of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was what brought out the crucial detail of the nickname of bin Laden's courier." (he deserves some credit- but not enough to use it as if he was responsible for it)
NOT TO MENTION THE CLEAR VIOLATION OF OPSEC AND USING OUR ARMED FORCES' VICTORIES FOR HIS OWN POLITICAL ADVANCES.

Pulling out of Iraq- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S.%E2..._Iraqi_Cabinet

The original Status of Forces Agreement between US and Iraq to withdraw from Iraq was signed in November 2008; while Bush was president. So Obama just followed what was already agreed upon.

These highlights are what our President has been recently using during his campaign. Many I believe a majority link back to what our GW initiated.
So why is he getting all the credit for the things that he didn't start?

Discuss:
      10-12-2012, 02:56 AM   #2
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

How dare you challenge the princeling? After all he has a Nobel prize.
OldArmy is offline   United_States
      10-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #3
Fox128i
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2012 E82

Garage List
2012 128i  [4.75]
This could be entertaining.
      10-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #4
Radamez
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 535 XDrive / Imperial Blu

guess it only makes sense for him to take credit for the bad and not the good.
      10-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #5
nailer335
Captain

Drives: alpine '08 e92 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radamez
guess it only makes sense for him to take credit for the bad and not the good.
What the OP is stating is that he shouldn't take credit for what took place before him, just because the outcomes are positive. Especially since he shouldn't but does provide bush with all of the credit for everything negative he doesn't want responsibility for.
nailer335 is offline   United_States
      10-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #6
pgviper
Lieutenant

Drives: X3 xdrive35i

The media is heavily liberal biased and we all know it. I'm not naming any one in particular, all of them are.
pgviper is offline   United_States
      10-17-2012, 01:34 PM   #7
Radamez
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 535 XDrive / Imperial Blu

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer335 View Post
What the OP is stating is that he shouldn't take credit for what took place before him, just because the outcomes are positive. Especially since he shouldn't but does provide bush with all of the credit for everything negative he doesn't want responsibility for.
It's a catch 22 is my point.
      10-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #8
jkrig
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 07' e90 335i (SGM)

So.....if we think Bush initiated GM bailout.......I wonder if those who believe it was a bad idea would still be against it.......
      10-18-2012, 10:51 PM   #9
Day Laborer
SK1(SW)

Drives: 2008 E92 6MT M3 Alpine White

I personally think (regardless of who the president is) that a second term president doesn't really have the incentive to make an impact during their 2nd term.
A second term president doesn't have anything to lose!

Secondly, Obama's administration attacking Romney's comment of saying 15% tax on capital gains is "a good way to encourage the economy to grow" is ridiculous.

Why doesn't the media point out the obvious that lower tax rate (15%) on capital gains DOES ENCOURAGE INVESTMENT; THUS STIMULATING THE ECONOMY?

Who the hell would want to pay 28-35% capital gains on Stocks or when selling their house??