Please visit one of the specific Bimmerpost sites above  

Go Back   BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-18-2007, 09:54 PM   #1
NoKids
Major
 
NoKids's Avatar
 
Drives: ...
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ottawa

Posts: 1,343
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Exclamation Randy Moss is a freak

4 TD's in the first half?

Are you kidding me????
__________________
NoKids is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2007, 10:02 PM   #2
TurboFan
Ski bum
 
TurboFan's Avatar
 
Drives: sideways
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Knee deep in the pow

Posts: 6,207
iTrader: (8)

Moss in NE, TO in Dallas - just shows these guys have tallent, just needed a good team to play with.

Moss looks invinceable.
__________________

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
TurboFan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2007, 10:04 PM   #3
PAKMAN
Lieutenant General
 
PAKMAN's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NORTHERN CALIFORNIA

Posts: 16,098
iTrader: (34)

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [4.75]
2006 e90 330i  [2.75]
moss is alright.
__________________
stock car
PAKMAN is offline   North Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2007, 10:04 PM   #4
PAKMAN
Lieutenant General
 
PAKMAN's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NORTHERN CALIFORNIA

Posts: 16,098
iTrader: (34)

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [4.75]
2006 e90 330i  [2.75]
im better
__________________
stock car
PAKMAN is offline   North Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2007, 10:07 PM   #5
Ray
Member
 
Ray's Avatar
 
Drives: three series
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: sfCA

Posts: 22,825
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOREAN_BULLET View Post
im better
You taught him everything he knows, huh?
Ray is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2007, 10:13 PM   #6
Ray
Member
 
Ray's Avatar
 
Drives: three series
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: sfCA

Posts: 22,825
iTrader: (0)

287 yards from Brady in the 1st half is not too shabby as well.
Ray is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2007, 10:23 PM   #7
ska///235i
***** noob
 
ska///235i's Avatar
 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston

Posts: 8,573
iTrader: (31)

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
let the flame begin
__________________
" Hey, your m235i is not a true M car"..."No shit, its a M Performance doe"
ska///235i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2007, 10:25 PM   #8
BMWE90
Major
 
BMWE90's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 1,153
iTrader: (1)

NE is giving it to the Bills like there's no tomorrow. It's so boring to watch I actually turned my tv off (waiting for Simpsons and Family Guy).
BMWE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2007, 10:34 PM   #9
ska///235i
***** noob
 
ska///235i's Avatar
 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston

Posts: 8,573
iTrader: (31)

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
montana/rice or brady/moss...which is better???
__________________
" Hey, your m235i is not a true M car"..."No shit, its a M Performance doe"
ska///235i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2007, 10:34 PM   #10
NoKids
Major
 
NoKids's Avatar
 
Drives: ...
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ottawa

Posts: 1,343
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
this is why i think brady is better than manning.
imagine if brady and moss had been together all these years like manning/harrison? brady would hold all the passing records.
instead brady had to deal with troy brown, caldwell, and a bunch of idiots through his career.
__________________
NoKids is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2007, 10:36 PM   #11
NoKids
Major
 
NoKids's Avatar
 
Drives: ...
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ottawa

Posts: 1,343
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ska View Post
montana/rice or brady/moss...which is better???
brady/moss is unstopable. i'll take them over montana/rice.
__________________
NoKids is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2007, 10:44 PM   #12
BMWE90
Major
 
BMWE90's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 1,153
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKids View Post
this is why i think brady is better than manning.
imagine if brady and moss had been together all these years like manning/harrison? brady would hold all the passing records.
instead brady had to deal with troy brown, caldwell, and a bunch of idiots through his career.
yeah okay how about if Manning had Moss, TO, Harrison and Wayne on his team?? I know that's a lot of receivers but it goes to show that you cant say things like "imagine if" or "if this was this way" because they dont make any sense. Unless you can go back in time, coulda's and shoulda's dont mean anything.
BMWE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2007, 10:45 PM   #13
Ray
Member
 
Ray's Avatar
 
Drives: three series
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: sfCA

Posts: 22,825
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska View Post
montana/rice or brady/moss...which is better???
If we are comparing the first 11 weeks of this season against the 11 of the niners best consecutive weeks, I say brady/moss.
Ray is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2007, 10:45 PM   #14
ska///235i
***** noob
 
ska///235i's Avatar
 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston

Posts: 8,573
iTrader: (31)

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKids View Post
this is why i think brady is better than manning.
imagine if brady and moss had been together all these years like manning/harrison? brady would hold all the passing records.
instead brady had to deal with troy brown, caldwell, and a bunch of idiots through his career.

well...Pats already have 3 superbowl rings with Brday, so I wouldn't say those recievers are idiots
__________________
" Hey, your m235i is not a true M car"..."No shit, its a M Performance doe"
ska///235i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2007, 10:45 PM   #15
Jaws
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Jaws's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325i mt
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 1,736
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKids View Post
brady/moss is unstopable. i'll take them over montana/rice.
Time will tell. Longevity is also important. Pats look like they are playing in a different league though and just having a nice evening of pitch and catch.
__________________
2006 325i - Sparkling Graphite
2000 S2000 - New Formula Red
2007 Chev Silverado crew cab Z71
Jaws is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2007, 11:01 PM   #16
NoKids
Major
 
NoKids's Avatar
 
Drives: ...
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ottawa

Posts: 1,343
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 View Post
yeah okay how about if Manning had Moss, TO, Harrison and Wayne on his team?? I know that's a lot of receivers but it goes to show that you cant say things like "imagine if" or "if this was this way" because they dont make any sense. Unless you can go back in time, coulda's and shoulda's dont mean anything.
it's a fact that if brady had a #1 receiver he'd have much better numbers. the more talent you surround brady with, the more his stats would go up. this year proved that.
why is it so hard to imagine?
__________________
NoKids is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2007, 11:02 PM   #17
NoKids
Major
 
NoKids's Avatar
 
Drives: ...
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ottawa

Posts: 1,343
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ska View Post
well...Pats already have 3 superbowl rings with Brday, so I wouldn't say those recievers are idiots
the only reason they didn't beat the colts last year is because those morons dropped 2 sure TD passes. who's the receiver with the big eyes, caldwell?
__________________
NoKids is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2007, 11:12 PM   #18
BMWE90
Major
 
BMWE90's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 1,153
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKids View Post
it's a fact that if brady had a #1 receiver he'd have much better numbers. the more talent you surround brady with, the more his stats would go up. this year proved that.
why is it so hard to imagine?
Dude your argument makes no freaking sense because it didnt happen. It's actually hard to imagine what Brady's stats would be if he had Moss 2 years ago (or however many number of years you wanna put in there). Also, it's not as simple as surrounding a QB with talents. They all must connect with each other.

NE is a very well balanced team with a boatload of veterans, that's why they're good.
BMWE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2007, 11:40 PM   #19
'Cane
Lieutenant
 
'Cane's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Florida

Posts: 474
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKids View Post
the only reason they didn't beat the colts last year is because those morons dropped 2 sure TD passes. who's the receiver with the big eyes, caldwell?
No, defense is why they lost last year. Injuries to Harrison and Seau were to that loss.
'Cane is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2007, 01:05 AM   #20
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
 
djmatty's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 330i; 1999 328i (RIP)
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: somewhere south

Posts: 282
iTrader: (0)

Football season is over. I'm not even sure why they're still playing these games.
__________________
djmatty is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2007, 07:40 AM   #21
m3pyun
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: MD

Posts: 314
iTrader: (7)

I think randy moss makes almost any quarterback look better except in Oakland (they were hopeless and Moss didn't even try). They just have to throw a catchable pass and he'll grab it. Daunte Culpepper's numbers were amazing with moss on the team in Minnesota, then look what happened...he sucks. You can say that it was due to injury, but i think a lot of it has to do with him not having a person like Moss to throw it to. Marvin Harrison is good but I think even Manning's numbers will be amazing if he had Randy Moss. To conclude, I think Randy Moss is just as important to the team as Tom Brady is.
m3pyun is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2007, 08:25 AM   #22
DasBlitz
Major
 
DasBlitz's Avatar
 
Drives: bmw 328i 07
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: new england

Posts: 1,140
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to DasBlitz
Manning who? Oh the QB that nearly lost to the fucking Chiefs? Oh the QB that still gets hyped up by analyzers? After that game they were saying how come playoffs they wont care about this game. Like it was nothing.

Everyone rides mannings dick and gives props to the coach. Yet the best QB in the league would get shit easily thrown at him if he fucked up like Manning has been. And then the Colts coach still talking shit about cheating after they lost. Even though they possibly do some sketchy shit.

But whatever my favorite team is 10-0 and no one can take that away. So hate all you want.

I have finally been watching the games again, to see them going undefeated.

And I am not being biased but it is just so obvious if Brady has good wide receivers like Manning, then Manning wouldn't be known as the Stats guy. Instead Brady would have the rings and Stats.

But it's ok think what you want. I think that's better it went like this. Either way Brady will hopefully beat Mannings TD record. The Patriots will hopefully go undefeated. Moss will hopefully beat Rice's record. The Patriots will hopefully win the Super Bowl.

I say hopefully because I am not jinxing anything.
__________________
DasBlitz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST