M3 March 2011 Production Changes:
* M3 continues as 2011 model
* All M3 models receive new BMW Apps (6NR) as an option
* M3 convertible will offer new BMW Individual Composition Package in the Spring (info coming later)
* Special edition BMW Individual M3 coupe will be offered in limited numbers in late Spring (info coming later)
Beginning with March production, the following changes take place for X5 M and X6M:
* X5M and X6M each become 2012 models
* Each receives as standard equipment iPod/USB Adapter (6FL)
* X5M receives power tailgate as standard equipment
* Each receives BMW Apps (6NR) as an option with April production
Beginning with March production, the following changes take place for 1-series Coupes and Convertibles:
128i models feature new front bumper with Air Curtain System design
All 1-series receive updated headlight and tail light assemblies, and models with xenon lights receive new LED lighting components in front and rear (xenon lights remain standard on 135i and optional on 128i)
New colors, wheels, interior applications as follows:
* Alpine White Trim (4DH) will be new option for all 1-series models
* Vermillion Red Metallic … CONTINUED
Beginning with March production, the following changes take place for 3-series:
* New M-sport package (which expands to include additional wheel styles) will be called ZM2, replacing ZMP
* Sport Package (ZSP) no longer available on coupe and convertible (the equipment from this package is already included in M-sport package)
* 328i coupe and convertible M-sport package receives new 18″ wheel style 152
* 328i xDrive coupe M-sport package includes 17″ … CONTINUED
Beginning with March production, the following changes take place for X3:
xDrive35i 19″ wheel style 309 now available with all-season tires (this wheel only available with Sport Activity Package (ZAP))
M-sport Package available as of April production. It includes typical sporty interior M trims along with:
* 2TB Sport automatic transmission (35i only)
* 2VG Performance Control
* 3MC High-gloss Roof Rails
* 481 Sport Seats
* 715 Aerodynamic … CONTINUED
Beginning with March production, certain changes take place for the 7-series.
740i/Li, 750i/xDrive and 750Li/xDrive receive new standard equipment:
* iPod/USB Adapter (6FL)
* Rear-view Camera (3AG)
* Sport Steering Wheel (255)
750i/xDrive and 750Li/xDrive receive 19″ wheels with all-season tires (2H1) and Premium H-Fi (677) as standard
ALPINA B7 adds Rear-view Camera (3AG) as standard
Driver Assistance Package now includes side and top-view cameras (5DL) and Heads Up Display (610). ALPINA B7 models also add … CONTINUED
When the police series “Isar 12” launched the hunt for criminals on German TV in January 1961, Bayerische Motorenwerke had already gained several years of experience in providing specially produced patrol cars. The baroque styling of the BMW 501, now a frequent and welcome visitor at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, is an excellent example of this aspect of the business, in operation since 1955.
Since 1 February 2011, BMW M GmbH has had overall responsibility for the “Security, Service and Special Vehicles” business area, as well … CONTINUED
Gorgeous new 1-series LCI (facelift) coupe and convertible wallpaper photos in magazine quality have been posted to our Official 1-series LCI Info Thread. Check out the new media inside.
Not many details have been confirmed yet on the upcoming F10 M5, but in a recent interview with the head of M division, Dr. Kay Segler has confirmed that ceramic brakes for the F10 M5 is in the works! When posed with the question whether future M cars will be available with a ceramic brakes option, he responded that it’s being worked on, for the M5.
This would represent the first time that ceramic brakes are offered as an option on a production BMW. Ceramic brakes provide … CONTINUED
alpineweiss’ just delivered X3 shows how great and aggressive a black X3 looks with an X-line delete (no chrome window trim and no titanium bumper trims and door sills).
Jlevi SW provides a never before seen look into Vorsteiner’s new facilities in Southern California. Including some insight into their warehouse and manufacturing process.
We bring you the most revealing photos yet of the upcoming 2012 3-series (F30)! Until now, the F30 has been fully cladded with little showing other than its general lines, shape, stance, and proportions. The strip tease has now commenced with part of the headlights now visible – showing beautiful LED angel eyes. The tail lights have now also been partially unveiled, showing a wrap around design featuring upsweeping light bars, LED indicators, and regular brake lights.
The production rear bumper has now also been installed … CONTINUED