We just attended the US media launch for the 2014 M6 Gran Coupe at the beautiful Circuit of the Americas Formula 1 Track in Austin, Texas. Testing the M6 Gran Coupe was the highlight of the event, but we were also given a first look and demo of the exciting upcoming BMW M Power App (which we share with you in the video below).
Note: this app is *NOT* yet available in the iOS app store. It is *NOT* the same as the M Power Meter … CONTINUED
BMW has released an update to the BMW Connected app for iPhones and vehicles that support BMW Apps.
This is a run down the new changes:
ECO PRO Analyser (only in conjunction with the new Professional generation of navigation systems, available in selected models from July 2012):
This driving style analyser evaluates the efficiency of acceleration, braking, and gear shifting for the maximum range. Driving style efficiency is enhanced in addition with helpful ECO tips
Wiki Local (now also available outside of the vehicle):
Wiki Local is the ideal … CONTINUED
A new video demo by the Senior Engineer of the BMW Technology Group demonstrating the newest ConnectedDrive feature – BMW Apps (6NR option). Rob Passaro runs through the main features – integrated Web Radio, Facebook, Twitter, iPod, and Pandora functions. Video inside.
Autoblog’s Damon Lavrinc recently had a chance to play with BMW’s newest ConnectedDrive tech – BMW Apps (option code 6NR). This video shows off some of BMW Apps coolest features, such as Pandora integration and Web Radio.
For the first time following the launch of MINI Connected, the BMW Group is now also offering select iPhone applications for integrated use in a BMW. This capability sees the already extensive range of BMW ConnectedDrive features enhanced by a function hitherto unmatched by the competition. With this offer, BMW is once again underlining its leadership role in the field of in-car integration technology. The new option is designed to improve the integration of the Apple iPhone in the car and will be available from March … CONTINUED
M3 March 2011 Production Changes:
* M3 continues as 2011 model
* All M3 models receive new BMW Apps (6NR) as an option
* M3 convertible will offer new BMW Individual Composition Package in the Spring (info coming later)
* Special edition BMW Individual M3 coupe will be offered in limited numbers in late Spring (info coming later)
Beginning with March production, the following changes take place for X5 M and X6M:
* X5M and X6M each become 2012 models
* Each receives as standard equipment iPod/USB Adapter (6FL)
* X5M receives power tailgate as standard equipment
* Each receives BMW Apps (6NR) as an option with April production
Beginning with March production, the following changes take place for 1-series Coupes and Convertibles:
128i models feature new front bumper with Air Curtain System design
All 1-series receive updated headlight and tail light assemblies, and models with xenon lights receive new LED lighting components in front and rear (xenon lights remain standard on 135i and optional on 128i)
New colors, wheels, interior applications as follows:
* Alpine White Trim (4DH) will be new option for all 1-series models
* Vermillion Red Metallic … CONTINUED
Beginning with March production, the following changes take place for 3-series:
* New M-sport package (which expands to include additional wheel styles) will be called ZM2, replacing ZMP
* Sport Package (ZSP) no longer available on coupe and convertible (the equipment from this package is already included in M-sport package)
* 328i coupe and convertible M-sport package receives new 18″ wheel style 152
* 328i xDrive coupe M-sport package includes 17″ … CONTINUED