In the latest episode of Fifth Gear, Jason Plato has a go in BMW’s flagship convertible – the F12 M6 Convertible, boasting 560hp / 501 lb-ft torque from its twin turbo V8 S63Tu motor, but weighting in at 4,530 pounds.
Plato praises the power delivery and sound from the new S63Tu based powertrain. He achieves 0-62mph in 4.3 seconds for the M6 convertible in his test.
Although the car weighs in at 4,530 pounds, it never feels like it to according to Plato. There’s a bit of understeer in high speed cornering, but that can be somewhat alleviated by more aggressive throttle application, albeit resulting in a harsh transition from understeer to oversteer. Overall, Plato feels the M6 is a great driver’s car which delivers really good … CONTINUED
Velos Designwerks presents its revised X5 M. In beautiful factory Monte Carlo Blue with Black Solo V Wheels, this X5 M not only features the looks, but also a Stage 2 Performance Software yielding an additional 120 lb ft of torque and 90 HP.
A statement of heritage – IND works on a BMW Individual F10 M5 in Imola Red, a classic BMW M exclusive color.
2012 video highlights featuring the 2014 F80 M3, from the amazing Nurburgring Nordschleife touristenfahrten, testing and track days.
F80 M3 news @ http://www.bimmerpost.com/m3/f80m3/
We have spied the F82 M4 coupe again and here is the most revealing look yet. With the great look that we have here, here’s a list of notable elements that we see.
• Double slatted kidney grilles
• M4 badge on kidney grilles (a la M6) (currently covered)
• LED headlights
• LED tail lights
• Carbon ceramic brakes (optional) being tested in signature gold color (just as on F80 M3 prototype)
• Hood power dome/bulge
• Sculpted double-bubble carbon fiber roof (like M6 Coupe)
• Production side mirrors (still under camouflage)
• Integrated trunk spoiler
• Wide fenders
• Slanted exhaust tips
• Production sideskirts
• Wearing Continental ContiSportContact tires – 275/35 rear (like F80 M3)
• Gap in front fender for air breather vent? Location is too high to be the same ‘boomerang’ vent seen … CONTINUED
G-POWER has now released the full specs and images on its M6 F13 “Bi-Tronik III” upgrade program, featuring:
• G-POWER Bi-Tronik III with 640HP (+80hp increase) and 573 lb-ft (777 Nm) torque (+73 lb-ft increase).
• New ASA Series supercharger with Bi-Tronik III tune which ups boost while managing fuel and ignition parameters, as well as managing torque figures during the shifting process for reduced stress on transmission.
• 0-100 kmh (0-62 mph) covered in 3.8 seconds and new top speed of 315 kmh
• G-POWER coilover suspension RS
• G-POWER SILVERSTONE RS wheels 21″
• (optional) G-POWER Carbon braking system for front axle (likely up to … CONTINUED
We’ve updated our official thread for the BMW M6 Gran Coupe with a new set of wallpapers, guaranteed to cause drooling.
There’s been no indication from BMW nor any F81 M3 Touring prototypes spied, but we can always dream and imagine.
We’ll likely never see this car in real life, but here’s a glimpse at what such a unique machine might look like, taking cues from the spied F80 M3 Sedan prototypes.
For the latest F80 M3 and F82 M4 news and updates, follow along @ http://www.bimmerpost.com/m3/f30m3/
Also making its debut at the 2013 Geneva show is the Geneva 2013: AC Schnitzer 6 Series Gran Coupe M Sport
The 6 Series Gran Coupe M Sport gets a center bumper metal grille, carbon fiber front lip, carbon fiber rear diffuser, and exhaust tail pipes.
Interior bits include painted trim, ACS iDrive knob, hand brake handle, shift knob, and aluminum pedals.
Follow our full 2013 Geneva show coverage updates at BIMMERPOST.com