The 2014 BMW M6 Gran Coupe is now available for online configuration at BMWUSA.com
Pricing starts at $113,000 ($3800 more than the M6 coupe and $2500 less than the M6 convertible).
Manual transmission is now announced for the M6 Gran Coupe, as a no charge option. The first European Delivery date available has not yet been announced.
For all specs and info on the M6 Gran Coupe, see http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=780486
BMW insider Scott26 shares some details on the current product plans and studies being undertaken at BMW for potential new X models – namely potential X2, X4 M, X7, X8 and a new Sport Activity Sedan niche.
X marks the Sport.
The following relates to ideas under discussion and evaluation. Whereas some concepts show promise to production reality. Some show discussions and conception in regards to market and growth projections.
It is not a question of just product planning but a reaction to growth in the segment. The SUV segment whether in city , compact , entry , mid , large or luxury continue to grow and grow.
BMWs current line of X1 , X3 , X5 and X6 are no doubt huge sellers and contributors to BMWs successful … CONTINUED
On May 11, 2013, BMW Performance Driving Instructor Johan Schwartz will have a go at beating the Guinness Book of World Record for the world’s longest drift, while driving one of the BMW Performance Center’s M school cars – a F10 M5.
The attempt will be made on the BMW Performance Center skid pad – the same one used to teach skid techniques at the BMW driving schools. And the factory M5 is one of the most fitting BMW models for this attempt, as its 560hp and 502 lb-ft torque easily breaks the rear end traction of the RWD sedan loose.
The current world’s longest drift record which Schwartz have to beat is 19,035 feet (nearly 3.6 miles), set Sept. 30, 2011 in China.
Check out the … CONTINUED
In the latest episode of Fifth Gear, Jason Plato has a go in BMW’s flagship convertible – the F12 M6 Convertible, boasting 560hp / 501 lb-ft torque from its twin turbo V8 S63Tu motor, but weighting in at 4,530 pounds.
Plato praises the power delivery and sound from the new S63Tu based powertrain. He achieves 0-62mph in 4.3 seconds for the M6 convertible in his test.
Although the car weighs in at 4,530 pounds, it never feels like it to according to Plato. There’s a bit of understeer in high speed cornering, but that can be somewhat alleviated by more aggressive throttle application, albeit resulting in a harsh transition from understeer to oversteer. Overall, Plato feels the M6 is a great driver’s car which delivers really good … CONTINUED
Velos Designwerks presents its revised X5 M. In beautiful factory Monte Carlo Blue with Black Solo V Wheels, this X5 M not only features the looks, but also a Stage 2 Performance Software yielding an additional 120 lb ft of torque and 90 HP.
A statement of heritage – IND works on a BMW Individual F10 M5 in Imola Red, a classic BMW M exclusive color.
2012 video highlights featuring the 2014 F80 M3, from the amazing Nurburgring Nordschleife touristenfahrten, testing and track days.
F80 M3 news @ http://www.bimmerpost.com/m3/f80m3/
We have spied the F82 M4 coupe again and here is the most revealing look yet. With the great look that we have here, here’s a list of notable elements that we see.
• Double slatted kidney grilles
• M4 badge on kidney grilles (a la M6) (currently covered)
• LED headlights
• LED tail lights
• Carbon ceramic brakes (optional) being tested in signature gold color (just as on F80 M3 prototype)
• Hood power dome/bulge
• Sculpted double-bubble carbon fiber roof (like M6 Coupe)
• Production side mirrors (still under camouflage)
• Integrated trunk spoiler
• Wide fenders
• Slanted exhaust tips
• Production sideskirts
• Wearing Continental ContiSportContact tires – 275/35 rear (like F80 M3)
• Gap in front fender for air breather vent? Location is too high to be the same ‘boomerang’ vent seen … CONTINUED
G-POWER has now released the full specs and images on its M6 F13 “Bi-Tronik III” upgrade program, featuring:
• G-POWER Bi-Tronik III with 640HP (+80hp increase) and 573 lb-ft (777 Nm) torque (+73 lb-ft increase).
• New ASA Series supercharger with Bi-Tronik III tune which ups boost while managing fuel and ignition parameters, as well as managing torque figures during the shifting process for reduced stress on transmission.
• 0-100 kmh (0-62 mph) covered in 3.8 seconds and new top speed of 315 kmh
• G-POWER coilover suspension RS
• G-POWER SILVERSTONE RS wheels 21″
• (optional) G-POWER Carbon braking system for front axle (likely up to … CONTINUED