10mm socket
Jack stands (optional)

Supplies needed:

1/2" OD clear tubing
Vacuum port plug
1 or 2 hose clamps
2 Liters power steering fluid http://www.ecstuning.com/ES2550608/
OEM reservoir (optional) http://www.ecstuning.com/ES2194319/

I would recommend jacking the front of the car up on jack stands before starting. It only needs to be high enough to remove the tire contact from the ground. This is optional but will make things much easier later.

The first step is to drain the reservoir with a syringe and unbolt it from the car. There are two 10mm bolts holding the bracket onto the car and one 10mm bolt holding the bracket onto the reservoir.

Use a flat head screwdriver and remove the one time use clamp from the bottom, smaller hose and remove the hose from the reservoir.

*Optional* The reservoir has a built in filter. I chose to change the entire thing out because my car is seven years old. If you choose to do this you need to remove the one time use clamp from the larger hose also, remove the reservoir and replace it with a new one. **

Use a vacuum port plug and cover the nipple left open when you removed the small hose from the reservoir.

Push a length of clear tubing into the small open hose. The tube needs to be long enough to reach into a catch can of some sort.

Refill the reservoir with new fluid and turn the ignition on. Do NOT start the car. It is unnecessary and the job is much safer with the car off. Turn the wheel from lock to lock and the new fluid will push out the old. This is easier to do with a partner but can be done alone as long as you keep checking the reservoir. This is tiring if you did not use the jack stands but it will still work. If your fluid is dirty it will be coming out brown. When you see green fluid in the clear tube you are done. It took me a whole liter before I started to see new fluid. Add fluid slowly while you are doing this and try to time it so there is little to no fluid in the reservoir when you finish. If there is fluid just syringe it out before the last step. Do not ignore this part or you will have a mess.

Pull out the clear tubing, remove the vacuum plug from the bottom of the reservoir, and hook the smaller line back up to the reservoir. Make sure you add new hose clamps before you finish. Fill the reservoir back up, start the car and check for leaks. This method will clear 100% of the fluid out of the system with no mixing and no diluting clean fluid with dirty fluid. There is no need to mess with banjo bolts and crush washers which I find can be finicky.

Last edited by Bushum; 08-15-2015 at 11:17 PM..
Appreciate 13