View Single Post
      12-14-2015, 07:02 AM  
MrTookies
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i, 2015 F15 35D

DIY (How to) Interior - Ambient Light - Color change.

Bimmer Friends, since I could not really find any detailed instructions about changing the interior Ambient Lighting I thought I'd post this here since I went trough it all yesterday/today. "Share it with everybody that cares "

Sorry the pictures are not the best quality, more some of the worse .

Here is how I did it with one example changing the solid color orange to green (gruen).

BDC_Body -> CAFD_.... -> 3070 LciMaster, A5 -> Function -> GROUP_0_FARBE_ENSEMBLE_1 -> weiss (was orange) -> AMBIENTE_FARBE_ENSEMBLE_1_LAYER_1 -> gruen (was orange) -> AMBIENTE_FARBE_ENSEMBLE_1_LAYER_2 -> gruen (was orange)

This really all you need to do. There are several LAYERS, if you open up the folder "Ausgelesen" you will find the color matching to your current setup (idrive screen -> settings -> lighting ...).

The section _GROUP_ separates the color schemes.
GROUP_#_FARBE_ENSEMBLE_# is the "dome" sector where you only have 2 color options; orange and white (weiss).
AMBIENTE_FARBE_ENSEMBLE_#_LAYER_# is the "dashboard" color and below.

There are 8 LAYERS but not all of them are active (inakitv), I tried selecting them but could not notice any changes, just FYI.

Colors available:

Dome or _GROUP_ (Top Ceiling) White (weiss) or orange.
Rest of the _LAYER'S : Green (gruen), Pink, Purple (lila), violett, ivory_dynamic_blue (elfenbein_dynamisches_blau or eff_dyn_blau), light/bright blue (hellblau), yellow (gelb), ice blue (eisblau), turquoise (tuerkis) light/bright green (hellgruen), orange, light/bright red (hellrot) and white (weiss).

If you go down past the 8 Layers the next color group from idrive will start just like the one above starts with GROUP and so on. Remember that you will not see a change in the name on idrive, it will not be adding names either. In my case for the example the selection orange on idrive is my green, hope that makes sense. If not, let me know (PM).
Another FYI is that after coding the first time (color) the Interior ambient lighting will turn off and not back on until the car goes into "sleep"; this can be 30min after leaving and locking the car. It might even take longer if you leave a computer turned on inside the vehicle (no joke). Just like other parts when coded, the driver mirror will move when data is transferred. Hope I covered everything is not shoot me a PM and I'll do a edit.

EDIT: 12/16/2015

I shot some super horrible phone photos last night after coding all 9 Ambient Light settings , but it just to show the color anyway ...so I hope you all forgive me for not pulling out my good camera again

Either way, some comments to the pictures (additional). First of all I changed all stock blue (eisblau) to eff_dyn_blue, its an intense blue with a little more saturated touch. I changed all white's to green's since I don't like the look at all of the white light... and think green goes good with blue and orange/red (hey its my taste ). Not sure if you can see it but in the first picture I changed layer 2 (was orange) into hellrot (bright red) kinda goes under with the camera light intake but the "hellrot" is pretty much an intense version of orange. I changed the dome light from white to orange on all settings that have one or more layers set in orange. The last setting point is my wife's (Violett, Pink, Pink). Maybe this gives you all a little more "what's possible" even though I did not show all colors. Let me know if you all have any questions!
Attached Images

Last edited by MrTookies; 12-16-2015 at 07:01 AM.. Reason: Completing Post + Missing Color added
Appreciate 7