Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPrime View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
The only reason they receive that error is because when they updated the software, the vehicle defaulted to US mapping, which is not written to no recognize the European switch..

The whole point of coding is so the vehicle's CANBus system can dictate instructions to the parts for which the software is written for..

Since the US software is not written to work with the European switch, the vehicle is rejecting it. You need to recode the FEM module to accept the new Euro switch and then the CANBus will recognize the new part, remove the error and then work with the new switch.

Your vehicle is engineered in a modular form to accept both the US & Euro switch, so you are not compromising the vehicle in any way by changing the factory mapping. Coding nonissue unless the software is updated again, which defaults it back to factory settings.

In that case, just rinse and repeat the coding.
Have any ideas what might need to be changed in the FEM though?
I need to pull out my Windows laptop again and start digging through ESYS, just was hoping maybe someone else had run into this before and knew where to start.

Note that I already have the coding changes made to make the fog lights work / etc. I can push the button, the cluster "telltale" for the rear fog comes on, the lights work. The only "problem" is the error in the FEM that is seen by ISTA+.
According to my research, there is an additional parameter that needs to be coded in order to eliminate this error:

FEM_BODY> 3064 LCECONFIGURATION>[COLOR="DarkRed"][COLOR="BLACK"]LCE_BEL_LIN_VAR>[/COLOR]BEL_FLC_NSL[/COLOR] if you're using a Euro switch..

This should sync the FEM module with the Euro switch. Good luck.

BEL = beleuchtung = lighting.
FLC = (automatische) fahrlichtsteuerung = (automatic) headlight control.
NSW = nebelscheinwerfer = front fog lights.
NSL = nebelschlussleuchten = rear fog lights.
LWR = leuchtweitenregulierung = headlight range adjustment (not in North America).

Last edited by Poochie; 11-08-2018 at 12:04 PM..
Appreciate 3