View Single Post
      01-02-2019, 10:11 PM  
Barrique91
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi Touring 6MT

Garage List
2006 BMW 325xi  [0.00]
After the subwoofer install I was extremely happy with the sound in my wagon.

I got my recall notice in the mail a few weeks ago. I was reluctant to deal with the dealer, but it had to be done. The dealer was surprisingly a great experience, the employees there liked my car and even let me sit in a brand new M5. I left with a new airbag and part of the blower motor wiring replaced. Peace of mind.

This last week I bought some vinyl to cover up the wood trim. I never hated my lighter wood trim, but I would like something "sportier". I purchased vivvid dry carbon fiber and 3m anthracite. I also decided to buy a red Start Stop button. I covered up the old, scratched, steering wheel trim with carbon, along with the center console. The vivvid vinyl was pretty stubborn and unforgiving to work with. I did a decent job, it was also my first time working with any type of vinyl. The 3m anthracite came in and it was a dream to work with. Because I was used to the vivvid carbon, it made the 3m vinyl especially easy to use. I wrapped the rest of the trim in 3m anthracite and did a pretty good job. There are only one or two spots that sometimes catch my eye. I personally love the way everything looks together, especially the nice flakes in the anthracite. Will get better photos when I get the chance. Just finished this up tonight and it was dark.
Attached Images