Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i Blue/Cognac

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstbmwyxe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechX3M40i View Post
Just want to confirm - So, are you saying that, if the replacement part also fails, BMW won't replace it again even if your car is still under warranty?

Or, are you saying that, BMW replaced the part for you and there is no additional action from them, despite that you are expecting more?

I'm confused... :
Wow! I didn't expect the how active this forum is! It was my first post, and didn't expect such a quick response. Sorry, I should've been more clear.
I am currently at around 4000km mark, and now both of the mufflers are flaking. So, I took it in the BMW wondering if it's a manufacture defect from the parts, and asked them if I can have both replaced. They told me that they will not replace them, because it doesn't make sense for them to replace it every few thousand kms. Which it is understandable, which they told me to reach out to BMW Canada to see what they would be able to do.
The BMW customer service responded kindly saying that they will cover any manufacturer's defects during the 4yr/80,000km, but that this specific issue (interior muffler flaking) is not consistent with a manufacturing defect and that there is no further assistance they are able to provide me.
From the responses that I got from the dealership and BMW Canada, I want to safely assume that they won't replace it anymore.

I understand that this is such a small problem that does not affect the drive at all, but I am one of those that like to keep the vehicle's appearance all clean and spoiled at all times. Small chips and flakes bother me. Maybe I just need to let that honey moon phase pass.
Thank you for the clarification, and sorry that the replacement part also failed (flaking of paint). I am wondering if the replacement part was also manufactured with the defective batch of paint???

I'm not satisfied with their response on this, since I expect this should not have happened in the first place, and they should continue to replace the replacement part since your car is still under warranty. :

Are there any other forum members whom had the flaking part replaced and continued to have issues?
Appreciate 0