View Single Post
      04-11-2019, 11:02 AM  
fernisatree
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 S4 Avant, F80 M3, F31 328d

Having both sets of lights on hand you can see the differences in the circuitry. Also the EU spec does not have that knob on the adjustment mechanism. I guess this is the lock that was previously discussed about. The first picture is the drivers side lower outer circuit board for the EU spec lights. the second picture is the drivers side lower outer circuit board for the US spec lights. You can see the EU spec has more circuits on the circuit board. The next two pictures are the EU spec first and US spec second for the right hand side. These also have a slight difference but not as noticeable as the left hand side. I have also included in the pictures the part number of the headlights that you will need for EU spec left hand drive headlights. I got these remote coded and everything worked fine. Now a word of caution i live in Germany with a US spec car so my connected drive does not work. I can not assure you they will not be geo-fenced with connected drive active in the states. Just to remphasize these headlights are actual glare free and you can see the tunnel clearly unlike the US spec. The whole time driving into work this morning i did not get one flash and you can clearly see the light tunnel avoiding the other cars. Also another thing to note some states require inspections and will fail you for not having amber running lights. I know this to be true in Maryland.

TLDR: The circuits are different on the outer lower boards inside the headlight, and these are the part numbers for EU spec headlights.

Appreciate 2
arashir164.00