Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Joe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer28312 View Post
So after all this time looks like I'll be back into an M2. Long story short I've recently gotten an allocation with build starting in May. Lucky enough I found one at MSRP w/$1k for returning customer at the same dealer I purchased my 17 M2. But... This time my deposit to lock my allocation in says non-refundable?? Legally if for whatever reason I completely change my mind and don't see this happening can a dealer keep my money?? Haven't signed anything as of yet because the document states that at the bottom and it just bothered me.
What do you think guys anyone have this become an issue for them? Coming from California by the way.
28312, I'd be careful of accepting legal advice on a car forum. Your safest bet is to get legal advice from an attorney in California versed in this area. Here's an article from Cosumer Reports which may be of help.

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...osit/index.htm
I am a California barred attorney who has actually dealt with this exact issue with a California dealer.

To put this to bed:

Quote:
It is unlawful for any dealer licensed under this article to do any of the following when brokering a retail sale:....

(c) Fail to refund any purchase money, including purchase deposits, upon demand by a consumer at any time prior to the consumer's signing of a vehicle purchase agreement with a selling dealer and taking delivery of the vehicle described in the brokering agreement.
Source: California Code, Vehicle Code - VEH § 11736 https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/vehicle...ect-11736.html
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 1
TemjinX2520.50