Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonnblack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonnblack View Post
Mine is coming shortly. It works in the manual cars.

mine is a 2013, 6mt 3.23 gears. 3.15 lsd from the automatics is acceptable. this has confirmed with my shop and bimmerworld.

worst case i wasted a grand.
Just as long as you realize that no one on this forum believes it will work as intended on a manual besides you.
Why do we think that is? The ratio isn't significant enough to cause issues. Especially since the ratio is changing with a manual trans. If i had an automatic i could see the TCU giving issues. Are the splines different? I haven't seen evidence that half shafts between auto and manual are different. I see part numbers are different, but diameter is the same. I can't imagine they make different shafts for auto and manual 335.

Very slight speed and rpm difference. not enough for me to worry about.

I could maaaybe see DSC having an issue but with the wheel speed sensor around the bearing, the diff wouldn't affect that, actually.

Also, I'm not trying to be argumentative either, just good discussion on why this may or may not work. i just don't see it not working out, and other opinions backing it.
I'm pretty sure they didn't specifically make a LSD for the auto or manual because they were bored and had extra time and money to kill; but some logical rhyme and reason behind the decision and exactly why they have individual part numbers for each type of vehicle.

If you want to play guinea pig, even with all the facts available, go for it! I'm 2/3rds sure it won't properly work but I don't mine confirming it on someone else's dime.

As someone probably said; You can lead a man to water but you can't make him buy the correct LSD.

Attached Images

Appreciate 1