DW_x3m40i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg2step View Post
update - i started this thread 4 months ago when this happened - After the software update I had no issues for 3 months. It happened once on a road trip in October, cleared after a few stops and a few miles later that day. And again in November once after a car wash, it also cleared later that day. If it stayed on longer I was going to drop by my service center, but it cleared and didn't happen again since November 8.

Today I went in for routine service (Oil change, tires rotated). I mentioned it to the service advisor, they pulled the codes and report:

CUSTOMER STATES CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS COMING ON
C/S THE LIGHT COMES ON RANDOMLY.
UPPER RADIATOR SHUTTER INOP.

My CA said this is a moving part in the grille - part of the Active Louver system I guess.

and:
PART BACK ORDER,AVAILABLE END OF JAN,30,2019.

fortunately it hasn't been a major issue, only happened 3 times and hasn't caused a bigger issue so I picked the X3 up and will bring it back when they get the part in next month.

Greg
I just had the same issue come up. Also an early 2018 build with badges on top. Have you got your car fixed or anyone else have this problem come up?

I got my car back today after a night in the shop. They say it's a defect with the radiator flap not opening and closing properly. Part is backordered in Germany and I'd be contacted when it becomes available for repair. Issue doesn't impact drivability so they cleared the error code and return the car back to me. Wondering how long it's gonna take for the part now....

On the plus side, I did get the new 330i as a loaner with all the m performance parts. Pretty nice car overall. I definitely missed out on the m performance steering wheel with my 2018 build. Also liking the new iDrive - lots of information on the screen with better graphics that takes some getting use to but can appreciate the details and upgrade. Performance is not bad so I'd be curious to see how that m340i drives when it comes out.

All that said though, I still prefer the x3m40i. It's the best of both worlds in terms of utility and performance. Can't wait to drive the x3M. Could be trouble...
Appreciate 0