View Single Post
      07-18-2019, 02:09 PM  
BMW Playground
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08’ BMW 335xi, 95’ Eagle Talon

The New VMR V802 Wheels

Hi All,

I wanted to take the time to share a very open and clear perspective of VMR, it's wheels and my most recent experience being one of the only customers to have their new-to-come V802 wheels and the first and possibly the only e90 BMW currently in the world to have the VMR V802s fitted to my car.

First, I'll share the story of how I came across these wheels and then I will lead into my impressions and personal opinion about VMR as a company as well as what it has been like living with these wheel for the past month or so. Skip ahead if you only care about my experience with VMR, driving with the wheel or some photos.

Storytime:
I ended up rolling rolling out to day two of Bimmerfest 2019 with a few n54 friends of mine. We were about 4 cars. This is where I have stumbled up on a rack of clean wheels presented glistening in the daylight. I scanned the racks having flash backs if my basic bitch looking e90 335xi. Wheel-gap central and that weird gray heavy weight of metallic bmw stock wheel haunting my mind. Wheel after wheel I started to recognize them. I remember thinking oh, these are VMR wheels cool.... then I laid eyes on these V802s. I did a double and triple take and was like "wtf are these?! Are these VMRs??" Wow! I look up and surely enough it was VMRs booth. I remember thinking It would be great to have these on my car, how come I didn't see these in the website? I walked up to the guy sitting behind the desk who was speaking to a lady who was also inquiring about these same wheels. I overheard, "yes these aren't out yet for another month or two, but if you'd like we can maybe get you a set, here's my card." I interrupted as well and asked for a business card and also asked questions, mostly relating to these being able to fit on an e90. I felt that they would finally have a wheel out there that helped make my car feel and look modern again, close to as modern as an F80/F82. Baller on a budget style if you know what I mean *. There was no way and if they were available they had to cost an arm and a leg right? I was wrong again..... I got a card from Brandon over at VMR that day and was waiting until the day that I could reach out and get a set of these insanely good looking wheels!

Dealing with VMR:
After all of that, I still was in disbelief that I would or could have these wheels on my car, but soon after I called and spoke to Brandon at VMR, the process had already begun. I was worried about runnigna staggered set up on my e90 335xi due to the 1% rotation diameter rule but Brandon was very knowledgeable and direct about easing those concerns. He took the time to give me multiple different options and scenarios of running a squared setup, staggered setup, set ups with 18s, setups with 19s, weight differences, manufacturing process and durability. He even went as far as providing me with the exact specs I needed to safely run these in my car. The whole nine yards. To add the cherry on top after sending Brandon what I had decided on, the 18s, the wheels were ready in days. I was concerned about the cost of shipping but if you live in the Southern California area or decide you'd want to come out to California to pick up your wheels, you have that option. Then very same I was told they were ready for pick up I had these wheels in my car. I couldn't believe it. My stock saddle bags were off the car and replace with a modern day cutting edge gorgeous wheel in Crystal Black! When I got to VMR I was greeted welcomely and Brandon came right out to help bring out and load the V802s into my car. They were perfectly cool to chat with and not pushy at all. Now to add the sprinkles on top I had no idea that they had not distributed these wheels to an e90 owner at all. I was to be the first e90 to have these wheels and to my knowledge still currently the only e90 to have these wheels. I was very happy and very impressed with how smoothly everything went getting these wheels for those guys.

My Experience So Far:
It's been about a month with these wheels and I have not one complaint. I have the occasion regret over not getting the 19s to even further show of the glory of these wheels. They feel light weight and solid and have certainly improved the driving experience of owning an n54 powered car and e90. The other great thing about these wheels is that they look great all the time. Even if they aren't clean they still have this unique and amazing shimmer. Crystal Black. I love that name as well. They have absorbed bumps just fine, I have yet to introduce them into a curb, nor do I plan on it but I feel as if they would be fairly forgiving for a while if it were so to happen. I'd recommend these wheels to anyone looking to upgrade their current wheels that will help your car look and feel more modern.

Now some pics!
Attached Images

Log Dyno - 450.4whp 503.1 lb-ft @20psi
1 of a Kind Wheels
1/4 mile - TBD
Instagram: @bmwplayground
YouTube: BmwPlayground
Appreciate 0