View Single Post
      01-17-2020, 10:24 AM  
2020M2Competition
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yes

I just had the E90 clutch slave (21526785964) installed at my local performance shop, so I figured I would give some first impressions

The clutch engagement point is now much easier to feel and as a result more predictable which is great

However, the clutch pedal now feels softer throughout the range of travel and requires less effort to press or release

I don't think I like this as much as before, but perhaps I just need to get used to it

My biggest complaint or concern is that the first inch or so or pedal travel (from the top) is a lot softer than before

Because of this when the pedal is released quickly there can be a slight delay from when my foot leaves the pedal to when the pedal actually returns to its' original position which is now sometimes heard

It should be noted that I had a Technic ASD Bypass Harness installed at the same time as the clutch slave so I might just have never noticed this noise before, but I doubt it because I can feel it slightly, as well

The technician who did the swap for me mentioned (before the install) that although the dimensions of the two plastic slave cylinders appear to be more or less identical on the outside, the actual inner diameters of the cylinders are slightly different and could play a role in how the pedal behaves

Anyhow, it is certainly possible that the new slave cylinder wasn't completely bled properly, so I'll look into that first

I will also consider an Ultimate Clutch Pedal to try and make things "perfect"

So, for now, I'm undecided if this mod was right for me
Appreciate 1
Poochie9104.50