Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason0510 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwlc1983 View Post
I'm having the same experience. I changed the brake force display to aktiv and also on the 5km/h (weak braking) setting on the Bimmercode face module and tested with no flashing. Tried on my friend's g20 as well, also with no results. Interested to know what people did differently to get it to work.
Same thing for me. Canadian model and changed the GefahrenBremseLichht_Typ to bremselicht_blinkend and changed to 5m/s^2 and 10km/h break speed something like that and coded nothing happened after several test run. Not sure if north american model is not allowed? also my connector is OBDLink MX+
Don't quote me but I believe they might of removed it from the US/Canada spec models.

Some might notice that in just the last generation of vehicles, US-spec vehicles used to be fitted with a feature called "Brake Force Display" in the US; where when you stomp hard on the brakes, an additional area in brake light illuminates.

If you notice, that feature has been removed from the G-Generation of BMWs.

I guess the assumption is that brake lights being LEDs now, they are much brighter than halogen for the past, so BFD is not necessary or no longer implemented in some cars.

This might be the possible reason the feature is not longer available for coding, regardless if it's flashing or an enhancing brake light surface area.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0