View Single Post
      04-17-2021, 06:21 AM  
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Ok, after some playing and experimenting, here's the consolidated and updated list I'm seeing of changes for the new My BMW app:

THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN LOST:
- ability to beep car horn remotely (Why removed? This can be useful when trying to find your car in a big parking lot where you can't see the headlight flash)
- Apple Watch functionality
- Graphical map representation of current fuel range from vehicle location
- Ability to set an arrival time for your selected destination
- Activity section, where you could link your calendar with an appointment and location and send it to your car.
- "Gallery" section of Remote 3D view where previous 3D views can be seen

FEATURES THAT HAVE CHANGED:
- Instead of separately specifying the status of sunroof, trunk, hood, doors, and windows opened or closed, everything is consolidated into one "all doors and windows closed" statement. If anything is open, it's listed separately. (See picture below. I prefer it this way. Better presentation to the user)
- Instead of being able to just remote start vehicle, now you can "start climatization". If the car needs to run to accomplish that, it will run up to 15 minutes.

NEW FEATURES THAT HAVE BEEN ADDED:
- New GUI appearance
- New "All Good" appearance
- Ability to set a custom avatar, not just choose from the 6-ish preset BMW options. (see new startup screen below. This is pretty cool)

Both apps, I have some difficulties updating the vehicle status. If BMW can improve this new My BMW app, and add in the rest of the old features like horn beep and Apple Watch functionality, I'm all for it.

And as we've talked about,
ADD THE ABILITY IN-APP TO REMOTELY LOWER THE HEIGHT SUSPENSION ON THE G05/G07

And road trip journal to Denali and the Arctic Circle here in this thread!

Last edited by Wild Blue; 04-18-2021 at 03:39 AM..
Appreciate 3
paquet629.50
xbook130.50