View Single Post
      05-06-2021, 10:58 PM  
-Eidos
@lbb_kev
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 (LBB)

An update today for everyone!

Up to a couple of weeks ago my car was down as we encountered some hardware design limitations on the stage 3 HPFP set-up. After four to five weeks of redesigning and development we got our hands on a revised set-up and went back to dialing in the calibration. It's now rock solid and capable of flowing full Ignite Red (E90) at power levels above what the BW 7670 EFR is capable of.

Attached is a dyno graph on a mobile dyno on full E85 with 95+F degree ambient temperatures with only two fans blowing hot air at the cooling system - my poor turbo was struggling to breathe. Note that I have since switched to NGK SILZKBR8F8S's gapped at .018'' to avoid misfires that were encountered above 600whp last time on high e-content.

You will notice that compared to the dyno graph posted on post #13 that the torque curve in the mid-range is much flatter/cleaner now. This is because with the help of SD Garage, one of the best shops for turbocharged BMWs in Southern California, we were able to take advantage of the downtime to partner with a well renowned Australian clutch company to create a twin-disc clutch for our cars (And 6MT S55s) to hold the extra torque.

This won't be a review of the clutch so I will keep it short to avoid going on a tangent. It holds around 900 ft/lbs of torque, clutch pedal pressure is lighter than other currently available aftermarket equivalents, has light clutch chatter, and is daily-able. This paired with the Autosolutions SSK and Ultimate Clutch Pedal have been a pleasure to drive with.

The fueling, clutch, tune from BendCalibration, and SD Garage's workmanship were all put to the test this past weekend at my first half mile event at NoFlyZone California. There I did over 13 runs (about 8 back-to-back) with IATs between 120F to 140F and a slight headwind. The car and clutch took it like a champ and enabled me to reach my goal of a 160mph trap speed on 3/4ths tank of E82 on the last run before closing time, which felt amazing.

All in all, I think my goal has been reached for a fast DI-only / flex fuel capable daily that can be beat on at events. I may post updates with vendor news on the fueling solution or clutch in the near future. Maybe a new dyno graph as well since cookiesowns thinks we might be closer to 650whp (SAE)/ 663whp (STD) on the road on the current calibration since the mobile dyno conditions were so gnarly (We were desperate to get the calibration done since the event was happening on the day after).

I want to give a shoutout, again, to BendCalibration and their awesome flex-fuel set-up and tune - no hesitations about e-content mixtures and whether or not I can beat on the car in the heat

Also want to thank SD Garage again. The team there was extremely accommodating and diligent during the R&D process for the stage 3 HPFP set-up and the clutch. SD Garage is the shop that customers go to to fix other shops' mistakes and I will leave it at that
Attached Images

Speedtech Stage 3 (8474) | Remus Exhaust | Wagner EVO 3 | XClutch | Dorch Stage 3 HPFP | Nostrum S2 Injectors | Walbro 535 | EOS EKP | BendCalibration Flex Fuel Kit | Intrax 1K2 | SPL | Drexler GT Race Light LSD by limitedslip.de | Schirmer Diff Lift Kit

Full E85 DI-Only 717WHP Flex Fuel tuned by BendCalibration (ECUTek) | Built by SD Garage

Last edited by -Eidos; 05-06-2021 at 11:07 PM..
Appreciate 5
F87source7239.50
tenkies147.00
6speed_M23633.50