F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > ConnectedDrive Issue?
proTUNING Freaks

12-30-2019, 09:41 PM   #1
sspade
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
ConnectedDrive Issue?

Anyone know why the current mileage doesn't show up on my ConnectedDrive app?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 11:00 PM   #2
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

I don't know, but I have the same problem with one of my BMWs. I have all of the info on my 2018 340 on connected drive and it always seems up to date. But I needed a third car for my teen driver and got a great deal on a 2016 X1. For that car it never has given me the mileage and on one of the windows for locate vehicle it will correctly locate the vehicle but always has the same date and time of 12/31/01 18:09 no matter what day or time it really is.
Appreciate 1
sspade2468.50
      12-31-2019, 01:48 AM   #3
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
Anyone know why the current mileage doesn't show up on my ConnectedDrive app?
It's doesn't automatically upload that data wirelessly, you have to connect your phone to the USB and run the ConnectDrive APP for it to populate the mileage and remaining gas..

Sucks but it's what it is..
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 02:18 AM   #4
psyki
E36fiend
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i xDrive

Garage List
2014 435i xDrive  [0.00]
2014 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
It's doesn't automatically upload that data wirelessly, you have to connect your phone to the USB and run the ConnectDrive APP for it to populate the mileage and remaining gas..

This is not true for my car, it updates automatically over the air. I've never once plugged my phone into my car.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 12:36 PM   #5
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
Quote:

This is not true for my car, it updates automatically over the air. I've never once plugged my phone into my car.
I have no reason to lie bro, I'm looking at mines right now and the last update was 12/22/2019 and I used the car several times in-between. It doesn't update unless you plug it in, it's always been like that for going in 4 years and obviously it's evident with all the reported cases.

Maybe there is some difference with the harddrive, mines is a NBT EVO 4.

I guess you call ConnectDrive and confirm.

1-800-831-1117
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 12:39 PM   #6
sspade
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
Thanks for the responses... going to try and plug mine in, load the app and see if it updates...
Appreciate 1
Poochie9107.50
      12-31-2019, 12:41 PM   #7
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
Thanks for the responses... going to try and plug mine in, load the app and see if it updates...
You also have to run the ConnectDrive APP also and sometimes it requires a password.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 01:52 PM   #8
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

I guess it depends on the car. My 2018 does it wirelessly, with no need for USB. But I guess my 2016 might require that. If it works let me know and I can try too. Since I bought the newer (2018) car first, I figured they all updated wirelessly, but now I can check for my 2016. The folks at BMW have not yet solved the issue with the date that always shows up on locate car. That is a strange one.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 02:02 PM   #9
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Quote:

Poochie incorrect again. Say it ain't so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunBMW View Post
I guess it depends on the car. My 2018 does it wirelessly, with no need for USB. But I guess my 2016 might require that. If it works let me know and I can try too. Since I bought the newer (2018) car first, I figured they all updated wirelessly, but now I can check for my 2016. The folks at BMW have not yet solved the issue with the date that always shows up on locate car. That is a strange one.
psyki has 2016 ATM.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 02:06 PM   #10
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:
Quote:

@Poochie incorrect again. Say it ain't so.
Yo, why do feel the need to inject yourself in every single thread, is your life is that pathetic, you don't anything else to do with your time? Just sad.

I'm 100% sure it doesn't update for itself, just I'll wait until someone else confirms it and prove your dumbass wrong.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 02:07 PM   #11
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yo, why do feel the need to inject yourself in every single thread, is your life is that pathetic, you don't anything else to do with your time?

I'm 100% sure it doesn't update for itself, just I'll wait until someone else confirms it and prove your dumbass wrong.
2 others have already stated it does.

You are 100% wrong.

Again.

As noted before, as you continue to ignore facts, your incorrect posts will be corrected.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 02:09 PM   #12
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yo, why do feel the need to inject yourself in every single thread, is your life is that pathetic, you don't anything else to do with your time?

So you think I have nothing else to do but make something up? I'm not you, I'm trying to help, not fuck with people.

Here's mine from last night, I been using my car all day and didn't plug it in.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 02:10 PM   #13
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So you think I have nothing else to do but make something up? I'm not you, I'm trying to help, not fuck with people.

I'm helping as well. By correcting your incorrect posts.

Here's an idea. Actually check for facts before you post. Then again, we've seen from the LSD thread even facts from BMW do not stop you either.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 02:26 PM   #14
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Here's an idea. Actually check for facts before you post. Then again, we've seen from the LSD thread even facts from BMW do not stop you either.
Wow, you keep mentioning an instance from months ago as some kind of "burn," that no one cares. You define a troll.

How about we stick to the subject at hand and stop clogging up the threads with this nonsense.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 02:27 PM   #15
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wow, you keep mentioning an instance from months ago as some kind of "burn," that no one cares. You define a troll.

How about we stick to the subject at hand and stop clogging up the threads with this nonsense.
Right back at you.

Why not start posting correct info instead of incorrect info?

The LSD incident you ignored facts from BMW themselves and you ended up costing MANY a chance for a cheap LSD.

But it's just one of dozens this year.

Don't post bad info and I won't need to always correct you.

The balls in your court.

Rise to the challenge.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 03:37 PM   #16
Poochie
United_States
Rep

I just plugged in my iPhone to the USB confirm it was data updated again, then and only then..

Not wireless but when actively connected to the USB outlet and running the Connect APP.

It seems the early version of iDrive EVO 4 like the 2016 model years doesn't wirelessly update the vehicle's data, it requires a physical connection to the USB.

Later versions of iDrive does update automatically in real time.

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=22573022

https://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewto...3&start=15

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...&t=1645754
Attached Images

Last edited by Poochie; 12-31-2019 at 04:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 04:44 PM   #17
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
Just checked mine. This was how I left it when I got home this morning after work.

And here is is after I sent the lock command

I have never plugged my phone into the usb port.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 05:13 PM   #18
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowser51 View Post
Just checked mine. This was how I left it when I got home this morning after work.

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/ydhHdVb4/230078...08886-D259.png[/img]

And here is is after I sent the lock command

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/fywhS6G3/E07282...72-EC780-F.png[/img]

I have never plugged my phone into the usb port.
Your vehicle is a 2018 MY with iDrive 6, the OP has an iDrive 4 which needs to updated via the USB connection, it's doesn't give the status in real time.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 06:08 PM   #19
psyki
E36fiend
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 435i xDrive  [0.00]
2014 X5  [0.00]
FWIW before I did the EVO retrofit (when I just had the non-EVO (id3) NBT and TCB) the ConnectedDrive app was pretty worthless, it never showed me the fuel level or mileage. Then again I never plugged my phone in, maybe that's required on pre-ATM models.

Whenever I started the car the little ConnectedDrive icon would appear on my phone indicating that it was "connected" but none of the functionality ever worked.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 06:18 PM   #20
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
FWIW before I did the EVO retrofit (when I just had the non-EVO (id3) NBT and TCB) the ConnectedDrive app was pretty worthless, it never showed me the fuel level or mileage. Then again I never plugged my phone in, maybe that's required on pre-ATM models.
He has an ATM. Or at least he claims he does.

Perhaps he's wrong on that too.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 06:23 PM   #21
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Thanks for all the info, it was very helpful. I took out my 2016 X1 to get fire works and plugged in my phone to the USB and bingo, every thing was updated. Even does real time updating while plugged in. That is the mileage to empty changed as I drove. So thanks. I guess you can teach an old dog (me) new tricks. My daughter usually drives the X1 to soccer practice and thus I don't get a hold of it. I did not want her driving my 340 so the X1 is better for her. I will plug my phone in periodically to that car.

I will add that for some reason the Connected Drive App logged me out after I got home and the updated info was lost. Will try again tomorrow. I am curious how long the mileage info remains on the app for this car.

Happy New Year to all.
Appreciate 1
Poochie9107.50
      12-31-2019, 06:27 PM   #22
psyki
E36fiend
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 435i xDrive  [0.00]
2014 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
He has an ATM. Or at least he claims he does.

Perhaps he's wrong on that too.
Then pre-ID6 or something. Sounds like 2016 is the changeover year.
Appreciate 0