F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Booked my first scheduled oil change... to find out there are 3 recalls for my car???
ARMA SPEED

04-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #1
Edc7891
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 Mineral Grey 328i Sportln

Booked my first scheduled oil change... to find out there are 3 recalls for my car???

So my car hit the 20k mark and I called in today to schedule an oil change and address few other issues that I have with my 2012 328i sportline.

First of all, my issues were:

1) Coolant sensor: Kept sending error messages that coolant level was low over 100 times. Had Town & Country BMW top off the coolant but they said it was near full.

2) My rear passenger window does not close automatically. All the other windows work just fine. Must be a software problem.

3) My front tweeters or (speakers) on the door suddenly makes this crackling sound when I'm listening to music sometimes. The first time this happened, I thought my speakers blew somehow (listening to Bryan Adams) at a moderately low volume and bass in the middle.

4) A small issue with the seat belts. When I am driving with the seat belts on, I can hear a small squeaking/creaking noise as if the mechanism in the seat belt is faulty. It bothers me so much, because everytime I go over a small bump or the roads are slightly uneven, I hear my seat belt creaking and squeaking.

So when I called in to Maranello BMW to schedule an appointment, the service advisor told me that there are 3 recalls currently for my car...

Don't exactly know what the recalls are for but I was never notified by BMW of any such matters.???

Does anyone here know what the recalls are for and has anyone here brought their cars in for them yet?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #2
N-Y
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i

I wouldnt worry about the recalls.
before i bought my car, I had BMW test it, they also notice there was a recall for something that needed to be fix... and i also sched my oil change, when i did, they told me there are 2 recalls, nothing major...

I wouldnt worry about it
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 02:05 PM   #3
jsedlak
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i 6spd

I just brought my car in and was told there was a recall for the nav to update it with new maps. I assume that not all recalls are "critical." If they fix small issues in the software, I could see them issuing a "non-critical" recall so that when you make an appointment, it shows up and is done.

Just my guessing work though, I don't know how it all works internally for real.
      04-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #4
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

There was one with the headrest, they put like a clip or something in it and a software update. Not sure about the third one. I have a 335 though and brought mine in last month.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #5
nick1212
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '13 335i Sport 6MT - Gone soon

I have that crackling noise as well once in a while but only happens when I play music via BT and only happened twice. Going to wait and see if it happens again before I take it in.

Let me know what they find one you take your car in. Tks
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 07:18 PM   #6
335ny
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick1212 View Post
I have that crackling noise as well once in a while but only happens when I play music via BT and only happened twice. Going to wait and see if it happens again before I take it in.

Let me know what they find one you take your car in. Tks
ha whats up nick? enjoying the car?
today my radio did the same thing, but only while streaming spotify via bluetooth, sat and radio sounds fine, so it must be the app
      04-20-2013, 06:48 AM   #7
Dave340
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3

Brought my 328i in for oil change last month and had two recalls I was not aware of.

Replacement of the coolant reservoir, due to the sensor showing false low coolant level, that will take care of one of your problems. Not sure why they did not catch it when you brought it in to top off the level?

Software upgrade due to windshield wipers staying on after shutting off the vehicle.

The third I had already taken care of since they sent a notice last year about it and that was the headrest, as mentioned by tdizzle.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 07:10 AM   #8
nick1212
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '13 335i Sport 6MT - Gone soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ny View Post
ha whats up nick? enjoying the car?
today my radio did the same thing, but only while streaming spotify via bluetooth, sat and radio sounds fine, so it must be the app
Loving the car man... Did a few small mods, tint and coded a bunch of stuff. Yea I think it's the app too radio seems to be fine. Weird noise though.

How is your ride??
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #9
335ny
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick1212 View Post
Loving the car man... Did a few small mods, tint and coded a bunch of stuff. Yea I think it's the app too radio seems to be fine. Weird noise though.

How is your ride??
yeah me too, love it, even the rattles. same here, just tint and the grills, otherwise I cant believe how much better this car is versus my old e90.
      04-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #10
Edc7891
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 Mineral Grey 328i Sportln

hey guys,

thanks for the input. I did call my dealer back and they mentioned something about a software update and something to do with the coolant. So hopefully my issues would be solved.

I have had the speaker crackling 3 times. I've never used the bt or anything else. It has happened when i was listening to the radio and listening to cds.

But thats going to be hard for them to diagnose what's wrong with the speakers especially when it comes on randomly.

Once i bring my car in in May, i will let you guys know what happens.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 10:28 PM   #11
UhhItsANT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
i have the crackling noise too... all the time when its certain songs with certain frequencies... dont know if it on the left side or not. its small i hear at the exact same spot everytime i hear a certain song at a certain volume.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 11:11 PM   #12
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberland1 View Post

2) My rear passenger window does not close automatically. All the other windows work just fine. Must be a software problem.
mine does the same

it goes down automatically, when i try closing it, it automatically goes up, but then goes back down half way. after that, the autoclose stops working? and I have to hold it. interestingly, when the cars ignition isn't on, it seems to work fine, so perhaps it is a software thing?

I thought it might have been because of my tint, and maybe there was some tape the tint guy didn't take off completely, but my dealer thinks its a motor issue, they're ordering a replacement from Germany..

ill keep you up to date, I'm getting it replace mid next month