E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Can you have both regular tires and runflat tires on your bmw?

11-08-2009, 07:58 AM   #1
omelet1978
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i w/ Premium Package

Can you have both regular tires and runflat tires on your bmw?

I replaced my runflats with Eagle GT tires that are good for a year or two. I'm trying to sell my runflats, but not having too much luck. Just curious, if I get a flat can I put one of the runflats back on?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 09:20 AM   #2
cb1111
I ask the questions you're afraid to ask.
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet1978 View Post
I replaced my runflats with Eagle GT tires that are good for a year or two. I'm trying to sell my runflats, but not having too much luck. Just curious, if I get a flat can I put one of the runflats back on?
It will negatively affect handling, but that really isn't important since that isn't the reason you bought a BMW anyway.

The only acceptable thing is 4 identical tires (in the appropriate sizes if staggered).

That isn't to say that you can't use one of your runflats as an interim solution.

I'm always confused by people that spend lots of money on a car, think nothing about dropping a couple grand on cosmetic mods, but want to cheap out on tires.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 09:48 AM   #3
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

You could, but I would not suggest it.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 10:41 AM   #4
Debaser
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1111 View Post
It will negatively affect handling, but that really isn't important since that isn't the reason you bought a BMW anyway.

The only acceptable thing is 4 identical tires (in the appropriate sizes if staggered).

That isn't to say that you can't use one of your runflats as an interim solution.

I'm always confused by people that spend lots of money on a car, think nothing about dropping a couple grand on cosmetic mods, but want to cheap out on tires.
Buddy's panties are all knotted. Chill out, dude.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 11:09 AM   #5
omelet1978
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i w/ Premium Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1111 View Post

Wow...

Well actually the tires I put on handle just as well as the runflats and last twice as long. The reason for that was b/c one of my runflats had a nail in it and they can't be patched...so my thinking at the time was just get regular tires and sell the 3 remaining RF to help pay for it.
Appreciate 0