F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > 335 M-sport ordered!!!
ARMA SPEED

06-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
PodDoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i / 2016 F80 M3

335 M-sport ordered!!!

Thanks for everyone's advice over the last couple weeks. Just put in my order this weekend for a 2013 335i M-sport Estoril blue II. Dealer was able to modify one of their 3 allotted spots for July production to my specs. Got it for $48,690 (invoice) + $835 + req taxes (MSRP: $52,695). I also have a guarantee in writing for my trade in ('09 328i). Checked multiple pricing guides and had the car appraised by multiple places, but this dealer gave me the best deal by far, and super close to book value, more than I expected considering the existing damage.

I also get the Team USA Drive event discount of $1K and possibly another $1K discount for college grad. Couple questions on this though. First, do I still get Team USA discount if I dont finance through BMW (4.5% vs. 2.65% through chase). Second has anyone gotten the the college grad discount yet? Fine print has stipulations on debt/income ratio and % of monthly income. Depending on how they calculate these figures, I don't see many people qualifying for this unless they/parents paid for college. I just graduated from med school, have a mortgage and student loans but payments are reasonable and I have a great salary compared with other college grads and I don't know if I will qualify. I guess it wont matter if I finance through Chase, but still, the program seems like just a gimmick that applies only to a select few.

I will miss my current ride, esp the LED turn signals and tail lights (I dont understand how BMW thinks its acceptable to downgrade the lighting on a new gen car while charging more).

Can't wait!!!

Last edited by PodDoc; 06-11-2012 at 12:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #2
johnofcross
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Superman 2013 F30 335i M Sport

Curious, what's the spec of the car?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
PodDoc
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnofcross View Post
Curious, what's the spec of the car?
Tech pkg, M Sport line with 18" style 400M mixed, Sport auto trans, PDC w/ rearview cam, heated seats, black leatherette, alum hexagon with estoril blue trim (may end up getting the M performance alcantara/CF trim if the alum trim looks cheap).
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #4
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedStud View Post
Thanks for everyone's advice over the last couple weeks. Just put in my order this weekend for a 2013 335i M-sport Estoril blue II. Dealer was able to modify one of their 3 allotted spots for July production to my specs. Got it for $48,690 (invoice) + $835 + req taxes (MSRP: $52,695). I also have a guarantee in writing for my trade in ('09 328i). Checked multiple pricing guides and had the car appraised by multiple places, but this dealer gave me the best deal by far, and super close to book value, more than I expected considering the existing damage.

I also get the Team USA Drive event discount of $1K and possibly another $1K discount for college grad. Couple questions on this though. First, do I still get Team USA discount if I dont finance through BMW (4.5% vs. 2.65% through chase). Second has anyone gotten the the college grad discount yet? Fine print has stipulations on debt/income ratio and % of monthly income. Depending on how they calculate these figures, I don't see many people qualifying for this unless they/parents paid for college. I just graduated from med school, have a mortgage and student loans but payments are reasonable and I have a great salary compared with other college grads and I don't know if I will qualify. I guess it wont matter if I finance through Chase, but still, the program seems like just a gimmick that applies only to a select few.

I will miss my current ride, esp the LED turn signals and tail lights (I dont understand how BMW thinks its acceptable to downgrade the lighting on a new gen car while charging more).

Can't wait!!!
Congrats!
Nice config.

Did you see the actual invoice?
How much was the MACO/training fee on the invoice?

Thanks for the info.
I'm headed in tomorrow to order my 2013 335 Msport.
I'm going for either Melborne w/black, or Silver w/coral red.
Unless something cool pops up on the order screen.
I REALLY want brushed aluminum trim, or anthracite.
If not, then hex alum it is, with black trim.
Blue would look nice in silver, but I don't think it'll work with red leather, like black will.
BMW really screwed us up with this STOOOOOPID "line" ordering, where we can't get what we actually want.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #5
uter
BMW nerd
Rep
Drives: E9, E28, E31, G87 M2

What residency program are you going to? Congrats on the M sport.
1973 Baikalblau 3.0 CS
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #6
PodDoc
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by uter View Post
What residency program are you going to? Congrats on the M sport.
I'll be at Rush U.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #7
PodDoc
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
Congrats!
Nice config.

Did you see the actual invoice?
How much was the MACO/training fee on the invoice?

Thanks for the info.
I'm headed in tomorrow to order my 2013 335 Msport.
I'm going for either Melborne w/black, or Silver w/coral red.
Unless something cool pops up on the order screen.
I REALLY want brushed aluminum trim, or anthracite.
If not, then hex alum it is, with black trim.
Blue would look nice in silver, but I don't think it'll work with red leather, like black will.
BMW really screwed us up with this STOOOOOPID "line" ordering, where we can't get what we actually want.
Thanks!

I used bmwconfig.com for the invoice which included $200 training fee. It matched up with edmunds as well as the dealer sheet.

If I wasn't just coming out of a space gray E90, I probably would have gone with the mineral gray/coral red, I think that would look better than with silver. I wish they allowed the anthracite too and would be willing to pay more for it, but they wouldn't do it.

Which dealer are you going to?
Appreciate 0